CC2 Mods (How to install the Afrika mod)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: CC2 Mods (How to install the Afrika mod) Author: jaredjestes22Location: Olympia, WA PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:21 pm
    —
I saw the mods in the download area and was trying to figure out how to get them to work!!!! It downloaded Battle HQ for me but I couldn't login because apparently the servers down. Is there a way to install these into my game on the desktop? Thanks for any help!

#2: Re: CC2 Mods Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:43 pm
    —
You have to copy each files to the corresponding folder. Usually the mod has a guide to tell you which file goes where.
Some mods are in plugin format, download the plugin manager for CC2.

#3: Re: CC2 Mods Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:08 am
    —
Let us know which mod it is, and I'll write it out step by step for you.

#4: Re: CC2 Mods Author: jaredjestes22Location: Olympia, WA PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 am
    —
Thanks so much for the offer MOOXE! I am willing to use any mod/patch!!!

If there are any that you know are great I would appreciate a step by step of that one!

Thanks for your time!

#5: Re: CC2 Mods Author: jaredjestes22Location: Olympia, WA PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 pm
    —
Specifically though, the Afrika one would be great!!!!

Also, I am on windows 8!

- Jared

#6: Re: CC2 Mods Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm
    —
I'll write it out tonite, have to do overnight shift at work....

#7: Re: CC2 Mods Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 pm
    —
Ok I thought this would be a plugin... still a simple install though. Mafi has included all the files in thier proper folder in one zip.

1. Make a copy of this folder and rename it original - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far

2. Download the Afrika mod

3. Unzip the mod into - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far (your folder and file structure should look like this)

4. Use your existing desktop shortcut to play the mod.

To uninstall, simply rename C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far (AFRIKA) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far--original to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\A Bridge Too Far, and vice versa when you want to play the mod again.

I am not sure if BHQ works anymore, use www.gameranger.com to find an opponent.

#8: Re: CC2 Mods (How to install the Afrika mod) Author: jaredjestes22Location: Olympia, WA PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:10 am
    —
Awesome this has successfully worked great on Windows 8 using mooxe's steps.

I suppose this will work for some of the other CC2 mods?

Thanks for everyone's time into making and helping me with this mod!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1