—
old as heck installer..
any ideas?

cfmanager.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.31 KB
 Viewed:  502 Time(s)

cfmanager.jpg

#2: Re: Flawed installer Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am
    —
Is not a problem with the plug in I think, is because the plug in manager can't find the exe on the specified location. It does that because it makes a backup of the files the plug in modifies in the CC5 install location.

If I remember correctly, the plug in manager reads from the registry entries of cc5 the install folder.

Check in regedit for the key for CC5 and make sure it match the directory in which you have it installed in both 5.00 and 5.01

I don't remember if you had to edit the plug in manager to accept other non default installation folders. Check for a config or ini file.

#3: Re: Flawed installer Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:50 pm
    —
The installer works, I can guarantee that. Windows has changed over the years and the installer cannot be modified to compensate.

The error is saying it cant find your cc5.exe. I assume your CC5 installation in is Program Files(x86) folder? If so you need to reinstall back to the main Program Files folder or edit your registry.

#4: Re: Flawed installer Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:39 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Is not a problem with the plug in I think, is because the plug in manager can't find the exe on the specified location. It does that because it makes a backup of the files the plug in modifies in the CC5 install location.

If I remember correctly, the plug in manager reads from the registry entries of cc5 the install folder.

Check in regedit for the key for CC5 and make sure it match the directory in which you have it installed in both 5.00 and 5.01

I don't remember if you had to edit the plug in manager to accept other non default installation folders. Check for a config or ini file.

No there is no way to edit install directory, most installers let you choose. This installer is old. Guess I will have to manually  create folders in the mod directory.

#5: Re: Flawed installer Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:53 pm
    —
When you install CC5 you can specify which folder it goes to, cant you?

#6: Re: Flawed installer Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 am
    —
I did create a fake SSI folder tree and put my whole CC5 folder in there but structure is still wrong as it says other folders / files cannot be found etc. Not gonna worry about it anymore.

struct.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.3 KB
 Viewed:  513 Time(s)

struct.jpg

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1