Restarting the Ladder
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 pm
    —
I have an opportunity to integrate a ladder system into CCS. I was thinking of starting 2 ladders. A single battle 1v1 ladder for all versions, and a GC ladder for those who finish them. The software will also manage tournaments.

I know interest is already very low for online play, but still looking for opinions. A single batle ladder would atleast give people the incentive to play. Single fights with no ladder kind of seem pointless. What do you guys say?

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 pm
    —
Yes, lets try with CC5 and CCreq.

As I commented a time ago, you can create true custom operation with truly custom BG's on a max of 3 connected maps, using CCreq and the in-game editor.

We can set the points limit given by ccreq, the players make their BG/FP taking into consideration the point limit to choose their forces, export their BG and send it to the game admin or whatever to put everything together and done! CC3 style operations.

#3: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 am
    —
I'm in for single player.
You gonna do it for all versions?

#4: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 am
    —
It would be interesting to see ladder. I have seen the term used in some games I play but I have never actually used it. How does it work exactly?
I'm in for the single battles for all versions! I barely manage to finish a GC playing alone, although I'm currently playing a CCII operation vs TIK.

#5: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:10 am
    —
Example of battle and OP made in CCReq with custom FP. 1250 point limit. Battle and op have same FP because I made the battle first then exported the forcepools and loaded them to the op. Unmodded CC5, patch 5.01

Download in your \Games\Save folder

Ladder battle and op.zip
 Description:
extract in Games\Save

Download
 Filename:  Ladder battle and op.zip
 Filesize:  10.01 KB
 Downloaded:  417 Time(s)

#6: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: sickf1 PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:22 am
    —
Single battle on ccreq playing both sides was a lot of fun back in the day on cc5. one of these days I will reload and get back to H2H sounds like a great idea

#7: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:00 am
    —
I'd say it is a great idea! For the past few years I did not have much time to play CC in a dedicated manner, thus could not complete any mutliplayer GCs or Ops I have started. But people similar to me, who don't have a stable schedule, can at least find some time to play single battles now and then. And since there will be a ladder, it is a source of motivation to do your best in these few confrontations Wink

#8: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:08 pm
    —
How is this coming along?
Up and running any day now?

#9: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm
    —
cool

#10: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 pm
    —
I have it, just waiting for some free time to dedicated to the eventual troubleshooting.

#11: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 pm
    —
Since there's like a dozen versions is this going to be per version or are you going to specify what version you were playing when you submit your loss? does playing 1 battle in pitf equals a battle in CC2?

#12: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:57 pm
    —
I am installing the ladder tonite to trial it.

#13: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:59 pm
    —
The ladder returns!

Many thanks mooxe. I missed the old GC ladder.

#14: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 pm
    —
How is it going to be? Also, can someone explain how does it work?

#15: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm
    —
A demo can be found here, www.tournamatch.com.

#16: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:48 pm
    —

#17: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:05 am
    —
Hey zappi... always hoping to see you online to chat!

#18: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am
    —
Hey Mooxe, been a very long while...

Tell me where you are playing and i ll be there

#19: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 am
    —
How did this go for you the other night?

And hello Zappi,nice to see you again.

#20: Re: Restarting the Ladder Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:33 pm
    —
Not well. Lots of errors, but trying to work through.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2