Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 pm
    —
First Impressions Video

In the link above is my video where I tell you my first impressions of the game. In my opinion, they've done a good job Very Happy

#2: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 pm
    —
Thanks.

#3: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 pm
    —
Nice video. Game looks good.  Exclamation

#4: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:39 pm
    —
Thanks allot! I will buy on Steam tonight

#5: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:40 am
    —
Just bought it and played a few games... I like it. Yes its the old CC engine and yes the AI is stupid and yes its too much money...

But for us die hard CC fans...
It's pretty darn good.

#6: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:48 am
    —
You know people are going to try to play this without reading the manual.. I admit I did not on PITF. I Read it and was way better off and I mean wayyy.

#7: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:31 am
    —
jakebullet70 wrote (View Post):
Just bought it and played a few games... I like it. Yes its the old CC engine and yes the AI is stupid and yes its too much money...

But for us die hard CC fans...
It's pretty darn good.

That's exactly how I feel. They didn't promise us a better AI this time around, so although it is stupid, I think they did the best they could have with it. I've actually seen it attacking (a few others have said this too) which it never did in PitF!

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):

You know people are going to try to play this without reading the manual.. I admit I did not on PITF. I Read it and was way better off and I mean wayyy.

The manuals are quite informative. The main thing is suppression. If you suppress the enemy more than they suppress you, you'll win.

#8: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:12 am
    —
Thankyou for the game  Very Happy

First impressions: Smaller maps (at least in the beginning of the Campaign) makes the AI better (playing as Germans), no surprise for me really Wink

The new effects, and maps looks great. One question doo..when a vehicle gets hit it has the same effect as mortar explosion..right?

seems like the "running like girls"  is better (maybe because i am on defend as Germans)?

Mortar "hits 90%" seems better.

Vehicle pathing is great (why shouldnt it after all the complains and three? patches for Last Stand Arnhem.... Crying or Very sad  

The vehicles and sounds is perfect, thankyou for this!  Smile

Why is it soo hard to name the SS units in Teams file as SS? every game i have to change the name??

I dream about all this great features in a game called Operation Typhoon with winter maps and the struggle for Moscow back in -41

Will keep om playing

Thanks again!

Mats

#9: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:13 am
    —
Once again (just like in PitF) there are no MP44 in the game ? I'm sure there were enough of this weapon at the time to be implimented in the game. PanzerShreck is also very rare ! I don't get the logic behind so many missed weapons in this game

#10: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: russ109 PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 am
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
Thankyou for the game  Very Happy

First impressions: Smaller maps (at least in the beginning of the Campaign) makes the AI better (playing as Germans), no surprise for me really Wink

The new effects, and maps looks great. One question doo..when a vehicle gets hit it has the same effect as mortar explosion..right?

seems like the "running like girls"  is better (maybe because i am on defend as Germans)?

Vehicle pathing is great (why shouldnt it after all the complains and three? patches for Last Stand Arnhem.... Crying or Very sad  

Why is it soo hard to name the SS units in Teams file as SS? every game i have to change the name??

I dream about all this great features in a game called Operation Typhoon with winter maps and the struggle for Moscow back in -41

Will keep om playing

Thanks again!

Mats

Mats, I echo what you are saying after playing several battles. I have noticed on one map that the AI plays better attacking from the right to left then it did attacking from the bottom towards the top.

The AI still leaves a lot to be desired, but it always will. I have already played more games on the latest release then I have with PITS all the time I have owned that game. Gateway to Caen is a much better game then PITS In fact this has got be back in to playing CC again!

I like the sound of your mod "Operation Typhoon", look forward to playing it  Smile

Take care mate

#11: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:32 pm
    —
Pzt_Kami wrote (View Post):
Once again (just like in PitF) there are no MP44 in the game ? I'm sure there were enough of this weapon at the time to be implimented in the game. PanzerShreck is also very rare ! I don't get the logic behind so many missed weapons in this game

The first unit came to Normandy with MP.43 was 1.SS-PzD. Schrecks were rare within Pz and PzGren divisions till late July-August.

#12: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm
    —
[quote="russ109";p="75352"][quote="Sapa";p="75341"]Thankyou for the game  Very Happy

Will keep om playing

Thanks again!

Mats[/quote]

Mats, I echo what you are saying after playing several battles. I have noticed on one map that the AI plays better attacking from the right to left then it did attacking from the bottom towards the top.

The AI still leaves a lot to be desired, but it always will. I have already played more games on the latest release then I have with PITS all the time I have owned that game. Gateway to Caen is a much better game then PITS In fact this has got be back in to playing CC again!

I like the sound of your mod "Operation Typhoon", look forward to playing it  Smile

Take care mate[/quote]

I Love You Too Ian! <3

#13: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:29 pm
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):

Did you mean this essential feature has been removed?

I hope not, this feature is very important to the AI, IMHO.

#14: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:51 pm
    —
i think that this "essential feature " was the beginning of the end for CC together with mortars hitting all the time  Crying or Very sad

will make an update when i get som Panthers and attacks Wink

#15: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:21 pm
    —
Quote:
I think that this "essential feature " was the beginning of the end for CC together with mortars hitting all the time. -sapa

NO WAIT  Exclamation

CC continues on, with old timers (such as yourself) buying the new games.  Idea

And for the record, my mortars always hit as well, and so do the off map mortar and artillery barrages.  Laughing

#16: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:54 pm
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
The first unit came to Normandy with MP.43 was 1.SS-PzD. Schrecks were rare within Pz and PzGren divisions till late July-August.
Fine. But what's the reason for Churchill Crocodile's insane flamer range as well as its armour being inprevious  even to Panthers powerful gun??!

#17: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm
    —
Fine. But what's the reason for Churchill Crocodile's insane flamer range as well as its armour being inprevious  even to Panthers powerful gun??!

The game was made by Commonwealth types.  Question

#18: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:58 pm
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):

It's not impervious, but is a tough nut to crack, even for the Tiger 1 amd 88mm Flak36. BOTH have the "Yellow circle" on frontal shots and the AI acts like it knows what to do with those Croc's.. Push them out front of the other tanks.

#19: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:20 pm
    —

Probably because the brits have developed a very good heavy flamethrower with very long range?
Churchill VII frontal armour was a hard nut for 8.8cm L/56 (Tiger/Flak) at any ranges, basically inpenetratable further than 100m, but 7.5cm L/70 (Panther) could perforate it no problem at up to 500m.

Last edited by Dima on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: Gateway to Caen - FIRST IMPRESSIONS by TIK Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm
    —
johnsilver and Dima are correct.  The Churchill Crocodile is a beast of a tank, and for a German player it should be your priority to kill them or avoid them.  They are not easy to defeat except with a Panther, but when the Germans first face them in the campaigns, it's not like they have Panthers immediately on hand to deal with them.  The Churchill Mk.VII armor is exceptional (type used with Crocodile) Your best bet is to run from them or try to outflank them with other tanks or anti-tank guns.  A panzerfaust will also do them in, but it's not the easy to sneak your infantry close to them with that flaming tonque of death. The British have a handful of them only spread throughout a few battlegroups, and once they are gone, they are no longer a bother.  These tanks represent the support of the 141 RAC (the Buffs) present during Operation Epsom and supporting the 15 Scottish Infantry Division and 31 Tank Brigade.  Historically they were only used the first couple days of Operation Epsom and then pulled back.

EDIT: and yes, the flamethrower range with this tank is very impressive.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 6