German forces on Elite
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: German forces on Elite Author: Siwy_PL PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 pm
    —
Hi, anybody played as German on elite level of their campaign? I know on that level it should be some challenge, but their squads are dramatically small.

#2: Re: German forces on Elite Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 pm
    —
The difficulty level only effects how many teams are in the forcepool and how many teams they can take into battle. You will the least amount of troops on elite, and the most on recruit.

#3: Re: German forces on Elite Author: Conrad PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:08 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The difficulty level only effects how many teams are in the forcepool and how many teams they can take into battle. You will the least amount of troops on elite, and the most on recruit.

It also affects how aggressive the AI wil behave.

#4: Re: German forces on Elite Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am
    —
Conrad wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

It also affects how aggressive the AI wil behave.

Wait. What?  Shocked  Is this something new to GWTC?

#5: Re: German forces on Elite Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm
    —
Not so sure that changing the difficulty settings has a direct impact on AI aggressiveness. Probably more indirect.  If the AI senses it has an advantage in total teams and BG match-ups (armor vs infantry) for example, it may play more aggressively as a result.  This can be related to the battleplan it chooses to follow.  In general, when playing the AI,  always put it on "Recruit".

#6: Re: German forces on Elite Author: Siwy_PL PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 am
    —
Allies are on recruit and my German forces on elite, feels like they got x20 more soldiers and tanks for disposal Smile I'm barely keeping the roads, then I have to retreat for making the front line smaller. Still, playing CC for years, it's good that at last AI is winning with me.

#7: Re: German forces on Elite Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:29 am
    —
My hats off to your moxy Siwy_PL. I decided some time ago that if I wasn't having fun then I need to play the CC to do that. I tried a few battles as Elite and since my forces were so decimated at the start and since I believe the game favors the AI then I won't go lower than Veteran. But I also decided to not be so extreme as to take advantage of the fact that I can usually beat the AI to a truce and to let it fight another day.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1