GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am
    —
Lots of work was put into these changes.

Link

#2: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:26 am
    —
Pretty good explosion graphics.

I like the CC2 voices added in.

#3: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 am
    —
Mana/Conrad, the guy who did the effects, did an absolutely spectacular job.  Not the point of Close Combat, I know, but it's a great addition for the immersion.  I even love seeing even my own tanks getting brewed!

#4: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:05 am
    —
Yes, the effects are the best.

#5: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 am
    —
I really wish there could be an option to toggle blood animation on corpses. (Or at least just put it back as the standard thing)

Right now I am having a hard time trying to understand whether they are KIA or soliders are just lying down / crawling. The old CC style was better in that aspect.

#6: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 am
    —
Both graphics and sounds are great. I saw another vid showing the flamethrower effects, they looked great as well. Love the new explosion sounds...have any format changes been made to sounds? Do you think it's possible to export them and use for CC5?

#7: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:19 pm
    —
Quote:
Do you think it's possible to export them and use for CC5?

yes, sounds are same format as past CC versions

Quote:
I really wish there could be an option to toggle blood animation on corpses. (Or at least just put it back as the standard thing)

You can replace them with the sprites from Panthers in the Fog and they will work. In the meantime Conrad is working on getting the new sprites with blood for those that want it.

#8: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 am
    —
I saw TIKs first impression video.

What struck me is the flames from the flame thrower looked exactly the same as previous Close Combats.
I wants to see the flames look like a physical squirt of liquid. That falls and splatters down by gravity. It needs to act like a projectile. That travels from the nozzle to the target locations.
And possibly bounce and splatter on impact.  
A pre wet maybe a option as well.    

That flames aftermath looks great on GWTC. Just not the projectile.

On a side note. I'm not a expert. I know this is not Napoleonic warfare, but I would like to see more lingering smoke residue. The explosion's look great. But they seem to all disappear "right on cue" every time. Coding in variations wouldn't be hard.  
The possibilities are endless.

#9: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 pm
    —
I also agree that flames could look a bit better. Also the burning little flame on the target (not the smoke, the smoke looks nice), looks kind of silly and amateurish for some reason.

But as usual, these are least of my concerns, as there are already some strange gameplay issues I would be happy to see get fixed first. And I will express them on a seperate thread.

Last edited by Pzt_Crackwise on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:52 pm
    —
Those explosions look great, is there a way to make them available for the earlier releases with the old graphics?

#11: Re: GWTC - Arty & Mortar Graphics Demo Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:04 pm
    —
-explosions will work in CC PitF, but not earlier versions.

-we wanted to redo the flamethrower graphic, but this is a special graphic all its own that is tied to some greater complications in the game (I couldn't explain it because I don't recall the exact reasons).  Suffice to say it was not low-hanging fruit.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1