Gateway to Caen 1946 mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:07 pm
    —
Yes, I have started a new mod for this game and I go to add units from my 1946 mod. By the moment this is what I have added.

About editing the game, I have restored the blood with the soldier graphics file from Panthers in the Fog and I have seen how perhaps the game has a limitation with the amount of vehicle graphics because when I add more of 124, the game does not give a error but it does not show them. It is bad but not too bad because the original GTC has a lot of duplicated vehicles and I do not need more of one type for each vehicle.

Other changes will be the amount of soldiers at teams and how work some of these teams as by example the snipers.

About the new vehicles, I´m upgrading them with a similar size to the original vehicles from GTC. I will replace icons and more, probably I will add some sounds but I do not want add new battlegroups.

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:30 pm
    —
Cool ... Nomada..

#3: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm
    —
Well this is the last stuff added.  The StuH 42 and the replace of the allied air strikes by 4 new. I know, it does not look super good but at this moment I have not better graphics. You'll notice is that the planes do not have shadow, this is fast mod and I do not go to lose 1000 years making it, I have removed them. When I made the 1946 mod, I did not add the airplane shadows and now I will not add them. Of course I'll replace all vehicles. There will be some new company of tanks but most of them will be support vehicles, there will be changes and some new infantry units. The americans will be mixed with the UK battlegroups as optional units. With luck probably I will add the american`s voices.

About the fpools, I do not like the new system but I find easier and faster edit them.

On the other hand, I still think that the AI ??is not bad. In the CC5, an allied group like this with 7 tanks would destroy these Germans easily, here the allies are destroyed.

#4: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm
    —
Well this is the last stuff added.  The StuH 42 and the replace of the allied air strikes by 4 new. I know, it does not look super good but at this moment I have not better graphics. You'll notice is that the planes do not have shadow, this is fast mod and I do not go to lose 1000 years making it, I have removed them. When I made the 1946 mod, I did not add the airplane shadows and now I will not add them. Of course I'll replace all vehicles. There will be some new company of tanks but most of them will be support vehicles, there will be changes and some new infantry units. The americans will be mixed with the UK battlegroups as optional units. With luck probably I will add the american`s voices.

About the fpools, I do not like the new system but I find easier and faster edit them.

On the other hand, I still think that the AI ??is not bad. In the CC5, an allied group like this with 7 tanks would destroy these Germans easily, here the allies are destroyed.

#5: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:26 pm
    —

#6: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm
    —
Nice Nomada. Always enjoyed your mods for any version of CC.

Looks like from the FP armor, that some very heavy armor may be coming forth also.

#7: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 pm
    —
Well, I have been working at the icons for the new units, it is not bad, I like these new icons. Other changes made today are the sounds and probably I will update the images from air planes.

This screenshot was from yesterday. I have replaced the airplanes but I do not know if I go to add the shadows for them.

#8: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 pm
    —
Hey Nomada, are you going to have any Panther F's with night vision and range finders in the mod?

#9: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:02 am
    —
I do not go to add more units than at my 1946 mod made for CC5.

#10: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm
    —
In all honesty I'm never looking at the shadows when a plane fly's over.
I look for the Plane if I'm not getting crushed elsewhere on the map or having Troop movement issues.

If I do watch the Plane its only because I'm hoping it kills a lot,and its just kinda cool to watch.
never for the shadow.

#11: Re: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:05 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
I do not go to add more units than at my 1946 mod made for CC5.

After the Ardennes mod for WAR of yours, this was my favorite you made. Was always hoping you would convert this one to WAR way back and am VERY glad it's getting remade for the better GTC.

Thanks for taking the time for the conversion.

#12: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:37 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
In all honesty I'm never looking at the shadows when a plane fly's over.

I agree, in fact at real live, you do not see the shadows, I see airplanes very low all days and it does not happen, even if a Osprey is over your head, you will not see the shadow because if there is one, it will be very far from you.

This mod will not be a conversion, it will be some better, in fact in a first stage, you will see it as gatheway to caen 1946 but at a second version I will touch the strategic map making a WWII 1946 at Europe.

The game accepts 64 maps and you can use the size that you want for the strategic map. I would a strategic map from all Europe where you can play several operations.

#13: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 pm
    —
Well, here I have another big update. Today I have many changes. I have added new nations as the americans and polands, I have not made nothing from polands by the moment but I will add some units from them. From the americans, I have added several vehicles, all them very interesting.

The most curious is probably the T34 Calliope by its rocket launcher and how it runs in the game. It is similar to one mortar but it fires 60 rockets at 60 rounds from 10 rockets, after it, it has a long reload time..

Another vehicles added are the T28, T26 Super Persing, T26 Persing, M18, M36B1, M36, M12, Cromwell 95mm, Challenger and the M24. All them very interesting.

Other changes are the sounds and the voices from nations. At other point, I will not add german vehicles from SS, all them will be just german vehicles. I have not graphics for all and the game does not support a big amount of vehicles, there are some limitations.

#14: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:08 am
    —
Quote:
Well, here I have another big update. Today I have many changes. I have added new nations as the americans and polands, I have not made nothing from polands by the moment but I will add some units from them. From the americans, I have added several vehicles, all them very interesting

Nomada, any thoughts of adding the US T-28, even German MAUS and making something like that one version (weapon wise) of what you did with the Ardennes mod you had? It looks like you are already adding plenty of super tanks already from what can see in the forcepool screenshots.

Those 2 super tanks were crazy hard to knock out, understand if you don't want to add them. One piece of equipment would like to see is the 12.8cm Pak, or possibly Jagdtiger?

Just making requests :-)

Werf

#15: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:33 am
    —
I do not know if I go to add the 12.8 pak but I go to add all the other vehicles, even if I can, I will add russian units and japanese. Probably I will replace some battlegroups for this. I would like at least one battlegroup from these additional nations. The unique limit here is the amount of vehicles in the tanks.azp. The game will not accept more than the original.

#16: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:21 am
    —
I fully understand you wanting to add many countries to make it representative of as many countries as possible. Would like to mention that the Japanese forces, in my playing of the CC5 version of the '46 mod crumbled. The super heavy mortars were about the only weapons they had that gave them any chance and low ammunition for them doomed the otherwise weak infantry/armor.

IMO, about as useful Romanian/Croat/Italian etc.. In Stalingrad mods. Possibly they are meant to be that way?

#17: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 pm
    —
Quote:
I fully understand you wanting to add many countries to make it representative of as many countries as possible. Would like to mention that the Japanese forces, in my playing of the CC5 version of the '46 mod crumbled. The super heavy mortars were about the only weapons they had that gave them any chance and low ammunition for them doomed the otherwise weak infantry/armor.

Some of carnage always is good. Laughing

#18: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 pm
    —
I have added a few units more.

#19: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:38 pm
    —
Some news here, I have added some new units and I have made several changes. By example I have replaced the Sherman V/ II by Sherman A375/ A376 and these units are americans with their voices and more.

More news and screenshots at my site http://firefoxccmods.com/

#20: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 pm
    —
Hey Nomada, I was wondering if this tank will inspire you. I found it randomly on Wikipedia, looks quite interesting in my opinion and will fit well in this mod ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2