Stuart vs Panther
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Stuart vs Panther Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:15 am
    —
Very recently I played as the allies on a multiplayer battle, as the defending side.

I played mouse and cat style with a Stuart against the Panther. I popped up with the little Stuart and shot a couple of times, and retreated back. This shoot - retreat - shoot again thing lasted like 10 minutes or so. While the Panther also had a couple of shots on my Stuart, it seemed to miss all his initial shots.

Eventually I was able to penetrate its armor from behind while he was retreating for some other target.
Stuarts are very agile and seem much quicker and more suitable than other tanks in the "pop up your turret a little, shoot and then sneak back" tactic.

The higher chances of tanks missing their initial shots in this game seem to favor this tactic even more for tanks with such rapid firing small calibre guns!

Last edited by Pzt_Crackwise on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: Dowly PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 pm
    —
I've always wondered how fast the Stuarts are in CC, never got around to try them. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try!

#3: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm
    —
I would be so pissed of it this happened to my Panther! Nice job.

#4: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:03 pm
    —
Nice tactics!

#5: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 pm
    —
Tank's accuracy is stupid in this game. They tend to miss alot of shots ! This must be fixed

#6: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm
    —
Stuart has a higher rate of fire as well.

#7: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm
    —
Did the same thing years agao in CCIII with a Pz III vz a KVII on the Moscows map, took about ten minutes to immobilize him and managed to brew him up just before the game timed out fifteen minutes

#8: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:22 pm
    —
I agree that the first shot from a tank is mostly a dud. I think they are trying to simulate the aiming process finding the range and stuff, similar to what you see with mortars. But, really, isn't the aiming apparatus different with guns? Shouldn't the be able to accurately aim first time around? Am i wrong in this assessment? (So far my tank experience is very archaic)

Pt

#9: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:15 pm
    —
Thanx Pzt

Cool with the David vs. Goliath fights

#10: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 pm
    —
stuart has a high velocity 37, they had a 37mm AT gun as well. I think it is the same version.

#11: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 pm
    —
Awesome job
What we're the results of your Battle?
Win/loss/tie?

#12: Re: Stuart vs Panther Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:23 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Awesome job
What we're the results of your Battle?
Win/loss/tie?

Thanks!  Well, if I remember correctly, the opponent left a couple of minutes after this incident. He didn't have any other armor left, hence no other means to push properly. It was a major allied victory for me anyway due to the amount of VLs I held.

You see, I think it has caused a "morale failure" on the opponent directly! Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1