"Unable to read one or more registry entries"
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: "Unable to read one or more registry entries" Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 pm
    —
I have horrible Windows 8 on my laptop and although I can play the original CC5 Normandy I am now trying to install mods.
I have succeeded as getting as far as installing GSJ (the icon changes to the British pic) but when I try to open the exe I now get the message "Unable to read one or more registry entries. Please reinstall Close Combat."

I have tried right-clicking on the icon, running as administrator and checking compatability with Windows 95 and all the other options on that drop-down menu.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I saw a fix for this error for Wacht am Rein, adding a registry in Regedit, but don't know what I should add for CC5

Many thanks as always for any assistance!

#2: Re: "Unable to read one or more registry entries" Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:10 pm
    —
Install 5,01 patch Smile

#3: Re: "Unable to read one or more registry entries" Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 pm
    —
Might want to uninstall the Mod first

#4: Re: "Unable to read one or more registry entries" Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 pm
    —
Dima, thank you so much, that was it and now it works!
I can't believe I forgot to reinstall the patch - huge thanks again, I've really missed playing GJS

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1