A Mod idea---call me crazy
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#101: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov....unfortunately, I have not learned to make my own maps, so yes, they are converted from CC3.  I was using CCMT maps, but for some reason the AI doesn't like moving on them, so I switched to all CC3 converted to PITF (G2C).

BREAK

Pzt_Crackwise..yes, the rotors are static.  Sad  I agree that would really be cool if they moved!

BREAK

All, again on shadows, unless I am doing some thing wrong in CCVehEdit, I do not have the patience to re-draw a shadow 64 times, so we're stuck with a CH-46 attached to a SH-60 shadow.

#102: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: HetserLocation: rigaud quebec,canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:30 am
    —
A few years ago there was a group working on a Korean war mod and discussing it here at this web site.

And I have subsequently been reading a few books on the Korean war, excuse me, "police action"  

And what do we have? The makings of a fairly good war game, we have tanks (actually all through the war)....T-34/85's in the beginning; later we see the Chinese enter with human wave tactics and a gradual dawning of understanding, by the allies (USA) forces, on how to defeat them:  

(sorry, saving that for the game engine.)

Ok, Ok, since you insist: Troops must Hold in Place when surrounded and then use off-map artillery and air for support. (The Chinese used the inverted "V" attack formation which doomed units who would cut and run.)

Climb the hills and clear out the forces surrounding you instead of using road march formation to retreat down a valley.  Aggressive patrolling by combined arms instead of fixed positions like WW1.

Anyhow, a properly tuned game engine would allot more force ratio points (increase in firepower) to the player who happens on these tactics. Just like the way an AT gun scores by using a flank shot.

We have different seasons, different terrain (city, villages, hills, valleys), amphibious landings,  different nationalities: Marines, ROK's Canadians, Turks, French.

Au revoir

#103: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am
    —
Hester,

Made a PITF mod based on Korea, but in modern times vice 1950s.  Might go back and do a '50s version since most of the info is already in the game.

#104: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 pm
    —
NVA ranks, based, in part, on CC3: Vietnam.  Not completely accurate, but I like the rank insignia used in CC3 vice the "real" ranks of the NVA.  In the game, the VC have no ranks.  Working on ARVN next.

#105: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:19 pm
    —
Not much information exists for the ARVN ranks so I did the best I could with the info I have.

#106: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:11 am
    —
This is CAV Country!  The Firebase map from CC3 inspired by an actual photo taken at Hong Kong Mountain during the Vietnam War.

#107: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm
    —
118th Helo Asslt Co ("Stingers")  trying some nose art variations on my Hueys.

#108: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
US Navy H-2C Seasprite (Search and Rescue, assigned to HAL-3)

#109: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 pm
    —
My helicopters. With the exception of the AH-1 HueyCobra (which was taken from Close Combat: Road to Baghdad), these are the helicopters I have made for my various mods (especially Au Shau Valley). The only 2 helos I did not include were a Kiowa and H-3 (still working on those).

#110: A Shau Valley Mod (More Detail in Teams) Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:18 pm
    —
Doing research on Assault Helicopter Companies and decided to build (so far!) one such company: 116th AHC, which supported the 25th Infantry Division.  The company consisted of 2 "Slick" Platoons and 1 "Gunship" Platoon.  116th AHC was known as the "The Hornets".  On the nose of their aircraft was painted a large hornet. Depending on the color of the hornet, this was designation of each platoon. As below:

1st Platoon- Yellow Jackets   yellow hornet (slick UH-1H)
2nd Platoon- Wasps             white hornet  (slick UH-1H)
3rd Platoon- Stingers            red hornet     (gunship UH-1B)

#111: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 pm
    —
If I was an honest man I'd say I"m as excited about this as when Stalingrad for CCV was announced.

#112: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 am
    —
Does anyone know of a FREE, SAFE website I can load this up to so that you can download it?

#113: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:45 am
    —
Mooxeeeeeee!!!!!

help for this super mod!!!

#114: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm
    —
Bel8910 wrote (View Post):
Does anyone know of a FREE, SAFE website I can load this up to so that you can download it?

Check PMs.

#115: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:49 pm
    —
Originally, Close Combat was not designed, in the armor world, to have specific combat teams. What I mean is, in your graphics file you had a Sherman tank not a Sherman tank with 2nd Armored Colors or 10th Armored Colors, just a Sherman graphic.  

What I like about PITF and GTC is the ability to virtually have as many units as you want built into the AI/AX, Unit Structure, FP and BG files.

Ok, so due to some insomnia, this is what I have done for my A Shau Valley mod- I have assigned specific Air Units (with actual era Colors) to the battle groups they supported during the war.

176th AHC and the 2-17th Cavalry both supported the 101st Airborne (AHC= Assault Helicopter Company)

116th AHC supported the 25th Infantry Division

4th Aviation BN was organic to the 4th Infantry Division

229th AHC was organic to the 1st Cavalry Division, specifically the 7th (Airmobile) Cavalry

HAL-3 supported TF 116 (USN)

HMLA-262 was a general USMC unit that served all over Vietnam (assigned in the game to the 9th Marine BN)

57th Air Medical Detachment was a general "Dustoff" Unit

Helicopter Squadron 20 (USAF) and Air America (CIA) supported various "special operations" near/in Cambodia and Laos (assigned in the game to MAAG, MACVSOG, and the 173rd AB).

Where possible, I attached the corresponding nose art.

#116: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 pm
    —
All,

Mooxe has given guidance on how to upload.  I am currently working in Japan for the next week or so.  But, when I return to the States, I will upload the game for everyone to enjoy.

#117: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:31 am
    —
Greetings from Busan!

I just want to say that i think its a shame you cant  get a map maker to work with you and make new maps from scraTCH.
Mayb you should start asking for volenteers. This is a very exciting mod, and deserves a team effort.

#118: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:13 am
    —
Antony_nz

I have no objections to your idea and thanks for the comments!

#119: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 pm
    —
I'm still interested in this mod and am hoping it gets done well and that Bel8910 gets some help making those maps etc.  Smile

#120: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:59 am
    —
Bel8910 wrote (View Post):
My helicopters. With the exception of the AH-1 HueyCobra (which was taken from Close Combat: Road to Baghdad), these are the helicopters I have made for my various mods (especially Au Shau Valley). The only 2 helos I did not include were a Kiowa and H-3 (still working on those).

Bel, I want to ask something, I noticed at graphics of UH-1H, UH-1N and US Navy colors: I see a small jut on the right side of the helicopter, what does it immitate, is it a pylon, rescue hook or something like this:

You have done definitely an excellent job, since CC3: Vietnam, I always dreamed of playing night battles with tracers, support from helos and gunboats, not to mention awesomeness of deploying soldiers through them...

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 6 of 7