A Mod idea---call me crazy
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#61: Vehicle Needed Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 am
    —
Does anyone have a graphic of a Centurion tank?  Need it for the 1st Australian Task Force.   Thanks!

#62: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:15 am
    —
This is what I have.

#63: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 am
    —
Map looks great. I think Vietnam could suit large maps. Massive patrols ect.

#64: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 am
    —
A few more screen shots...had to add the U.S. Navy and MACV-SOG into the picture.

#65: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 pm
    —
Wow!!
I want play this mod;)
LOL

When you want the voices i send to you;)..abd new music.sfx;)

#66: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 pm
    —
Dak_Legion,
when you can provide them...no rush, comrade!

#67: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:15 am
    —
Okay, I put the 1st CAV Huey's back in the game; at least the Gunships and made some improvements on them, too. The Dust-offs have red-crosses and the Slicks are blank on the nose.  Also add the H-6 Loach Recon helo into the game.

#68: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 pm
    —
This whole idea is great, and it sure looks great too!

#69: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 pm
    —
looks like some fun.  well done modding all the graphic dimensions of the game--maps and all--it's a mountain of work!

#70: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Hesus PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm
    —
Nice!

#71: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am
    —
Thank you for all the positive remarks.  Update: just working on battlegroups now, doing research to ensure TO&Es are accurate.  One thing about this game is that I don't have big teams.  Most BGs are kept at the company level with very little support (a few mortars/HMGs, slicks for US troops and almost zero vehicles for the PAVN).  

In the meantime, did some more work on the Hueys by rounding out the body more.  Additionally, I added some nose art. Now you have the 1st Cav (Gunships) the 229th Air Assault BN (Slicks) (the battalion that took the Seventh Cavalry in the Ia Drang Valley), the Seawolves of HA(L)-3, and an USMC Huey of an unknown air group (I saw a picture of it and thought the colors were really nice, but don't know how accurate it is).

#72: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: fry30 PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am
    —
This looks freakin' awesome!

#73: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:01 am
    —
A-1 Skyraider

#74: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm
    —
Operation starlite?

Good pic comrade;)

#75: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 am
    —
completed A Troop/3rd Squadron/4th Cavalry Regiment (?3/4 Quarter Horse", "McKenzie's Raiders").  Attached is the organizational structure from the 3/4 CAV web page.  http://home.comcast.net/~atrp3-4cav/TOE.html

#76: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:10 am
    —
Today i meet a Vietnam veteran at work. He was involved in the army museums in Auckland and Wairua.
He was a leader of 6 man rifle team. He said he fought NVA and Vietcong.
He must of liked me because he asked for my email, and i hope he emails me with book recommendation.  
I started a conversation because he was looking at a book called images of war. A new Zealand WW1 book.
His name is credited in the book. He was very knowledgeable about WW2. Especially the battle of Crete.

Today i mentioned this to another old guy wearing a Nz flag on his bag and badges on his cowboy hat. When i mentioned this Vietnam veteran he said "Well, im a Vietnam veteran too!"

2 in two days!

He said he mainly fought NVA. He mentioned the province but i regret not writing it down..
I asked him were they good fighters. He laughed at said " well yea, they won, Haha!".

Added. A very new experience for me.

#77: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:10 pm
    —
Anthony_Nz....awesome!   When I served in the Navy, one of my Chief Petty Officers was an "original" SEAL, meaning he was on one of the first teams developed during the war.  He was an awesome guy; but, very quiet about his time in 'Nam, which was understandable.

#78: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 am
    —
Battlegroups are just about finished:

MACV:
17/2 ARVN
1st Field Force, Vietnam
1-7/1 CAV
2-7/1 CAV
2-5/1 CAV
D Co/35th Inf Rgmt/25th ID
CIA-SAD (Special Action Division)/Green Berets (CIDG)
1 BN/8th Inf Rgmt/4th ID  Embarassed  (Need to update the Unit Icon)
2/75 Rangers
TF 116 (SEALS, Boat Units, SeaBees, Seawolves)
1/9 Marines
B Sqd/3 CAV/1 ATF
1 ATF (Aussie and NZ)
Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG)- Green Berets and local militia
MACVSOG- Special Forces Group
Easy Co/506th/101st Airborne
503rd/173rd Airborne
4th Cavalry (Recon)
2nd Brigade/25th ID (-)

All battle groups were operating in the areas of Hue, A Shau Valley, and the DMZ

PAVN/VC:

VC Independent Force 1, 2 ,3 & (LAOS)- not historical, but accurate TO&E of local VC regional military/paramilitary/guerrilla forces
7 BN/66th Inf Rgmt
8 BN/66 Inf Rgmt
9 BN/66 Inf Rgmt
1 BN/33 Inf Rgmt
3 BN/33 Inf Rgmt
All units operating within the Au Shau Valley

1 VC Main Force/B-5 Front
2 VC Main Force/B-5 Front
3 VC Main Force/B-5 Front

Again, not "historical" but accurate for units operating in this area during the war.

#79: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 am
    —
woo hoo  Very Happy

#80: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:49 am
    —
Beautifull map and icons!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 7