A Mod idea---call me crazy
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#81: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 pm
    —
Looking good!

#82: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:33 pm
    —
I have never been too excited about fighting the Vietnam War but your work Bel is making me want to give it a go. Great work!

#83: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:08 pm
    —
It is very exciting.
Thank for the updates and your hard work..

#84: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 pm
    —
Since I had a positive response to my BG icons (though not "standard" NATO), I added the crests/flags to each of the BG icons.

#85: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:08 pm
    —
I am still working out some things battlegroup size issues.  When this gets posted, you will find that there may be some lopsidedness to the MACV vs PAVN/NLF teams.  In fact, if you play with the larger teams (above Company size), the PAVN/VC will be outgunned each time and will more than likely lose.  But, I believe that is keeping in line with what really happened.  MACV never lost a major battle; but at at the smaller levels, MACV either fought to a draw or withdrawal.  I just wish I could "break into" the AI and make it more "sneaky" like the VC really were.  When CC3: Vietnam came out, that is one thing I loved/was frustrated about it....I never "saw" the VC until I was right on top of him and losing a firefight!  

Anyway just some random thoughts...back to modding!   Cool

#86: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 pm
    —
Is it bad that now that I have made a mod for the A Shau Valley and the north highlands that I want to mod the mod and make a Mekong Delta AOR?

#87: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm
    —
Maybe a sub-mod series covering various areas? with different teams and weapons etc. This conflict lasted for over 20 years there is plenty of fabric to cut from.  Laughing

#88: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 am
    —
Looking good!

If you want to cover years then COI or maybe the Bloody First when it arrives will be a good fit due to the rest and vehicle upgrade features....

#89: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 am
    —
Recent screen shots

#90: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 pm
    —
Steve (CC sole programmer) should look at this thread to get some ideas for the future CC.

#91: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm
    —
Thanks Pzt_Kanov... I keep telling myself to jump over to the Matrix website and post there....just haven't done it yet.

#92: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:13 pm
    —
Looks pretty cool! Do you think it would be balanced for multiplayer H2H?

#93: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise... in an all-out infantry fight, I would say yes...but, again, once MACV brings in armor or gunships, I think (as it did in "real life") that the PAVN/VC teams will be wiped off the map.  My recommendation, if this ever gets to the point where people want to go H2H, would be set some ground rules prior to playing.  My Huey's are embedded in the game, some as "slicks" some as gunships, it would be a little unfair to go against a VC platoon with three gunships while your infantry hides in the bush.   Realistic?  Sure, but not a lot of fun for H2H play.

does that answer your question?

#94: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:11 am
    —
Man this is amazing. I just recently played the Vietnam mod on COI, it's great. Is it really possible to load small units into those helos and then transport them to a location on the map? That would make it possible to mimic the real MAC-V-Sog missions where they dropped just one or two units to a location in the jungle to carry out a mission. Then they might get into a fight with a large group of VC or NVA fighters who would try to pursue and kill off the US troops. The US troops would counter by ordering massive airstrikes and artillery strikes on them. I like the guerilla type operations.

This game really has potential, I hope you keep going with this mod, and let me know for which game it will be for because I definitely want to play it.

#95: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:02 am
    —
Major Frank,

It is for Gateway to Caen.  And yes(!) you really can load up some MACV-SOG guys on the Huey's on move in quickly, drop off and ambush or fight it out, or drop some arty on them.  I also have LRRP teams.

#96: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 am
    —
This is for Gateway to Caen? Ok I'll get it.  Smile

I have had an interest in the Vietnam war for some time and there are very few good games about it. I would say that CC is still the best 'base' for a game about war from a kind of tactical perspective.

#97: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:27 am
    —
Vehicles of Vietnam

#98: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 pm
    —
Latest edition- took about 3 hours to make...USMC CH-46 Sea Knight

#99: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:26 pm
    —
Bel, this is looking so good.

Did you make the maps or are they converted from CC3: Vietnam?

#100: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 pm
    —
The rotors of the helicopters are static graphics, right? I wish we could have them dynamics somehow, would look very cool.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 7