Historical realism mod :)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#101: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm
    —
Look cool mod Dima.

#102: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: sickf1 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm
    —
looking good, cant wait Dima

#103: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 pm
    —
Thanks for the Mod Dima.
Sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun to play.

I am however wondering how will we be able to install it?
Does GWTC have the same abilities as say tLD,WAR to install a Mod and still be able to easily go back to the stock game?

#104: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:45 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I am however wondering how will we be able to install it?
Does GWTC have the same abilities as say tLD,WAR to install a Mod and still be able to easily go back to the stock game?

Right now it's a manual install, we'll see how it goes.

#105: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:00 pm
    —
Let's follow with PzPioBat.12

It's composition in GTC is the following with 85% manpower and all crewed weapon available:

1. Kompanie (gp)
2. Kompanie (mot)
3. Kompanie (mot)
Pz.Pio.Btl 12
Pak Zug

If we look at this unit on the eve of Epsom in reality, it had expanded to a 4 companies unit and had the following composition:

1. Kompanie (gp)
2. Kompanie (gp)
3. Kompanie (mot)
4. Kompanie (mot)
Pz.Pio.Btl 12

I don't know if SS-PzPio12 had a supporting Pak Zug - maybe Cathartes can help here if it wa attached for a balance or that was a division support unit.

SS-PzPio.12 was heavily engaged during June and was in pretty weak condition:

1. Kompanie (gp) - 50% manpower, no LMG, no mortars, 10 mSPW.
2. Kompanie (gp) - 50% manpower, no LMG, no mortars, 15 mSPW.
3. Kompanie (mot) - 60% manpower, 13 LMG, 1 mortar.
4. Kompanie (mot) - 60% manpower, 18 LMG, 1 mortar.
Pz.Pio.Btl 12 - 3 mSPW.

So for you who wanted 6-7men Pioniere teams with no leMG but alot of explosives, your dream came tru :P

Basically this BG needs to hold for 1 battle and then search for another to merge with Smile.

Last edited by Dima on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

#106: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 pm
    —
Looking forward to play your mod. Keep up the good work

#107: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm
    —
This is what I like to see Dima! Keep up the good work!  Very Happy
Btw, where do you get the strenght numbers from? NARA, the archives in germany or from books?

#108: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 pm
    —
Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Btw, where do you get the strenght numbers from? NARA, the archives in germany or from books?

Polemarchos did some copies of the original 12.SS and 17.SS files for me when he was in the archive. But that was only for late May early June.
These numbers are from Dugdale book about 12.SS Smile.

#109: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:26 pm
    —
You know I keep hearing that name Dugdale, but I have never seen his work. Could you provide me with a pointer?  Wink

#110: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:33 pm
    —
You know I keep hearing that name Dugdale, but I have never seen his work. Could you provide me with a pointer?  Wink

that's a best source for the German units in the West, especially detailed since September 1944 Wink and onwards.
you would really like: Panzer Divisions/PzGrenadier Divisions Their Detailed and Precise strength and organizations Volume 1 (part 1) September 1944 Wink.

#111: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm
    —
Next unit is HQ/ SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt.26/ 12.SS-Panzer
It really puzzles me.

Composition in GTC:

1. Kompanie (Ersatz)
2. Kompanie (Ersatz)
3. Kompanie (Ersatz)
SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt.26 Stab
Ersatz Flak Batterie (SS)

very strange one as there I don't undertand what Erzats Kompanie is.
If that means to represent a training unit of 26.SS-PzR that's wrong as 12.SS training units were in Belgium till August..
If that means ad-hock teams from non-combat personell there won't be so many of them...

guess the best way will be giving this unit all the Regiment suport units, like Flak Kp, IG Kp, PzAufkl Kp and Pi Kp? so it can merge with other units providing support?

#112: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:44 am
    —
Quote:
guess the best way will be giving this unit all the Regiment suport units, like Flak Kp, IG Kp, PzAufkl Kp and Pi Kp? so it can merge with other units providing support?

Makes sense, they would be sitting on the support elements until they were needed somewhere, right?

#113: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 am
    —
Quote:

Makes sense, they would be sitting on the support elements until they were needed somewhere, right?

yeah like a regiment reserve although could be destributed to companies and that was the initial plan Smile.
guess will have to change my mind Wink

#114: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Hesus PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 am
    —
Any news on the progress of this mod? When will it be released? Sorry for the impatience but i always loved the community mods they made the CC series complete. Smile

#115: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm
    —
Alright Dima.
The world as we know it is now relying on you to hurry up and upload this Mod.

I have Tik's Small Map Mod and so far I like it.
But the 7-8 shots my Tanks are using to take out a Pak 40 is killing this game.

#116: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 pm
    —
Haven't done anything new since my last post as was quite busy these days.
Will continue soon.

#117: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 pm
    —
Got a Link so I can try what you do have?

#118: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 am
    —
I sure hope you can do something with the Girly Soldiers.

The small maps mod by Tik helps,but the girls are killing this game.

#119: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:25 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I sure hope you can do something with the Girly Soldiers.
The small maps mod by Tik helps,but the girls are killing this game.

nothing Im aware of could be done to fix GS Sad

#120: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 am
    —
Play with "always obey orders" on.  It doesn't correct the issue completely, but a movement order only gets canceled when the squad's leader is hit (instead of the current "a pistol shot was fired in our general direction, hit the deck, and cancel the order" bullshit that the "developers" REFUSE to fix).

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Page 6 of 9