Historical realism mod :)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#81: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:40 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
Hi Dima,
Another suggestion I would make here is:
-Remove the zeroing time (20 seconds iirc) for mortar smoke rounds and increase the number of smoke rounds mortar teams carry.
I don't know if it would be historical or not. However, currently using smoke while attacking and retreating is a pain in the ass and can not be pulled off reliably as it was done in CC5. This is somewhat detrimental to the tactical gameplay so it would be great if we could bring back the mortar smoke to its former glory!

zeroing time is hard-coded.
number of both smoke and HE shells will be increased.

#82: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:28 pm
    —
Ok, looks like I've found out how to make guns accuracy a little bit better Smile

#83: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:46 pm
    —
Now you need alot of mortars bombs to KO a single ATG :D

Infantry fox holes and gun pits were removed as they only help enemy to spot your units.

#84: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:06 pm
    —
30+ mortar bombs to kill a crew of one Flak38...another one survived 60+ rounds although some of crew was killed - i think that's a way to go Smile
will tune up performance of 80mm mortar during play test.

Tanks kill each other as intended - PzIV kill Shermans at >200m distance, Flies and M10-17pdr kill PzIV at any distance Smile
One shot one kill could be seen often.

#85: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:25 pm
    —
~300m night firefight between 2 Panther G and 2 Tigers against loads of Shermans and M10-17pdr resulted in 2 KO Panthers (by 17pdrs) and around 13-14 KO allied tanks Smile

#86: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 pm
    —
Great job Dima! However, I wonder how realistic the current night-time spotting / LoS reduction is. I think units would in reality have a much harder time when trying to spot anything further than 100 meters without any illumination. Currently you can spot and shoot tanks accurately as you have also illustrated here in much further distances.

What do you guys think?

#87: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:17 pm
    —
Quote:
However, I wonder how realistic the current night-time spotting / LoS reduction is. I think units would in reality have a much harder time when trying to spot anything further than 100 meters without any illumination. Currently you can spot and shoot tanks accurately as you have also illustrated here in much further distances.

yes, I agree with you about night distances.
but I doubt I can do anything about it as that's most likely hard coded.

ps I have a PVS-14 night vision goggles - that really helps to see up to 300m even during star/moonless nights Wink

#88: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 am
    —
Looking good Dima  Smile

#89: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:55 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Cathartes, you call out Dima for following a rigid interpretation of the "facts" (and I agree, it is rigid), but do you don't think you are the same way? You seem to be just as unmovable (albeit less confrontational) in your point of views.  I appreciate that both of you want to recreate reality, but come on. It's Close Combat. Your editing Excel cells. This game comes no where close to being a hardcore simulator.

ever tried TRSM or BFC? was it unplayable? Smile

I haven't, but like I said in that post, at the very least, your mod will feature some changes we all want to see.  If people disagree with your data changes, they can always open Excel and edit the cells themselves. Smile

#90: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:58 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
30+ mortar bombs to kill a crew of one Flak38...another one survived 60+ rounds although some of crew was killed - i think that's a way to go Smile

Great!

#91: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 am
    —
So is GwTc harder to mod than say CC5 or other CC games dima?

#92: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:37 am
    —
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
So is GwTc harder to mod than say CC5 or other CC games dima?

IMO it's easier to mod GTC as it tracks all your mistakes made in data and reports them on launch.
but there are some differences in comparison to CC5/TLD that need to be taken into account Wink.
overall for now I believe that GTC is more solid game than CC5 or TLD.

#93: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Hesus PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:21 pm
    —
Any idea when your mod will go online? Smile

#94: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 am
    —
So had some time for modding and finally understood how it works Smile.

So here you are (will be faster from now on):

#95: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:55 am
    —
Ahh, btw I realized Cathartes has done a right thing having German BGs with less slots than the Brits as you can stack BGs Smile.

#96: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:33 am
    —
Hmm, can u stack bgs in GwTC.... Thought the removed that feature.. ? No?

#97: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:01 pm
    —
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Hmm, can u stack bgs in GwTC.... Thought the removed that feature.. ? No?

here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3634385 Cathartes says one can merge BGs.

#98: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:26 pm
    —
Yes, two BGs can be on the same map. However, only the active BG fights. It is possible to choose which BG is the active one and which BG is not.

It is also possible to merge two BGs and form a larger single BG. When you merge two large BGs with 12 available slots, you can get a BG with 21 available slots. When you merge a large BG with small BG though, the number of available slots may not change. The merging and the availability of slots is a bit vague though, needs better explanation.

#99: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 pm
    —
@Dima:  Another thing I have noticed in the games post CC5 GJS, is that every infantry seems to have an MG.

I mean the German 5 man teams each have MG42s. In GJS it was usually 3 men seperate MG team and a 7 men rifle team. I thought the common WW2 infantry team organization was like this: 3 + 7. The 5 + 5 organization is supposed to be post WW2 doctrine, correct me if I am wrong. How realistic is it for almost every Brit and German inf. team to have LMGs?

Gameplaywise, it is generally more fun to have a small 3-men fire support team and a large 7-men assault team, instead of 2 5-men teams.

#100: Re: Historical realism mod :) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:50 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
@Dima:  Another thing I have noticed in the games post CC5 GJS, is that every infantry seems to have an MG.

yes, all the Atomic CCs and CC5:GJS had it wrong - it was first made correctly by me in GJS:TRSM.

Quote:
I mean the German 5 man teams each have MG42s. In GJS it was usually 3 men seperate MG team and a 7 men rifle team. I thought the common WW2 infantry team organization was like this: 3 + 7. The 5 + 5 organization is supposed to be post WW2 doctrine, correct me if I am wrong.

the German infantry doctrine relied on leMG to deal with oppoistion and that's why Gruppe wasn't split to LMG+Rifle groups but riflemen served as ammo bearers and protection for leMG.
there were different types of Gruppe organization for the Germans, for instance:
1) PzGrenadiere (mot) Typ 41 - 7(leMG)+5(leMG).
2) PzGrenadiere (mot) Typ 43 - 5(leMG)+5(leMG).
3) PzGrenadiere (gp) Typ 41 - 5(leMG)+5(leMG).
4) PzGrenadiere (gp) Typ 43 - 4(leMG)+4(leMG).
5) Grenadiere Typ 41 - 10 (leMG).
6) Grenadiere Typ 43 - 9 (leMG).

Quote:
How realistic is it for almost every Brit and German inf. team to have LMGs?

it is absolutely realistic for the Germans but the British/Canadian Section was split as 7+3(LMG) with LMG providing cover for assaulting 7men Rifle Group.

Quote:
Gameplaywise, it is generally more fun to have a small 3-men fire support team and a large 7-men assault team, instead of 2 5-men teams.

you just need to develop different tactics using different type of teams Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 9