Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:21 pm
    —
They seem to work for me better than buildings and bocages when the HE stuff comes down..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsVS7K41rfk

#2: Re: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:01 am
    —
Yea. They are good.
Did well here.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GlL8zC3q7vY/UkffFdvzVhI/AAAAAAAAAUY/u4UH4Bq0SBM/s640/UO0029.jpg

And i found killing Italians in trenches a nightmare in the El Elamain mod.
One battle i had about 8 Howitzer tanks. Was still impossible!

Added. Weapon pits i use allot. Especialy for MG and ATg.
Fox holes usually don't cover as many men,

#3: Re: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 am
    —
Do you take advantage of shell holes or just trenches?

#4: Re: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 am
    —
Both.
existing large ones are always useful. I find regular shell holes created by the player to be more useful for hiding than protection.Probably always better than open land. But im not exactly a H2H guru on the subject. Laughing

#5: Re: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:49 pm
    —
I find that most "Gun pits" that are spawned by placing a gun on the map is useless unless the gun is already in good cover. The "Foxhole" element that is already on some maps are very good though, as well as trenches.

#6: Re: Who uses Fox Holes and Weapons Pits? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 am
    —
I find that I am better off from the MG42 in a foxhole or shellhole. Too many times I am in buildings where the mg42 rips through walls or hedges. If the MG-42 is in the hedge and I am in the hole, I can most likely defeat it.

If an MG42 is above me in a house and I'm in a foxhole it's not good same with a tank or half track that has the height to see into it.
Holes in tall grass or high crops are great for my troops for ultimate cover. I'll even use mortar holes.

I am now finding stone fences, are better than some buildings even as far as cover just as long as the enemy isn't on the 2nd floor or above me.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1