Fury
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Fury Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 am
    —
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4154436633/

Looks pretty good. Maybe best movie about a tank crew since Kelly's Heroes? Looks a bit Hollywood, some scenes remind of U-571. WW2 microdetail buffs probably cant wait to tear this one down! Overall though I won't be missing it.

#2: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:26 am
    —
Little or Nothing beats Kelly's Heroes!
I swear this happens to me in some CC battles

Link

Back to that movie though that you mention, Bradd Pitt and Shia Labouf? OH great somehow I get the feeling these guys care more about their hair then getting their hands dirty.. I'm sure I will probably watch this in the hopes of maybe seeing some old equipment and tactics in action.

#3: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:55 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe. Best trailer for it I have seen.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

fury.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.1 KB
 Viewed:  399 Time(s)

fury.jpg

#4: Re: Fury Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 pm
    —
Quote:
OH great somehow I get the feeling these guys care more about their hair then getting their hands dirty..

Agreed. Movie itself looks good and the trailer very nice, but sure wish they found anyone except that stiff Pitt to star in it. It knocks down my hope level now.

#5: Re: Fury Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:05 am
    —
Just found out the director for Fury wrote the screenplay for U571.... no wonder it reminded me of it.

#6: Re: Fury Author: Siwy_PL PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm
    —
Not another movie about american army in WWII... no hard feelings, but someone should do similar film about fightings on the eastern front. Eastern front is  much more interesting than the western, why it is almost abandoned in games and movies? Well, at least there is no Normandy xD

#7: Re: Fury Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm
    —
Siwy_PL wrote (View Post):
Not another movie about american army in WWII... no hard feelings, but someone should do similar film about fightings on the eastern front. Eastern front is  much more interesting than the western, why it is almost abandoned in games and movies? Well, at least there is no Normandy xD

I would guess the burden is on the germans and russians to make such movies, the russians have already produced two movies, Brest Fortress and one about Stalingrad, the germans have done the series our mothers, our fathers. I have seen none of them so I can't comment but would like to see them.

This movie Fury looks entertaining. I like the visual style.

#8: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm
    —
Here is the trailer for Stalingrad (2013)

http://youtu.be/Q7dtyaKvaMk

#9: Re: Fury Author: Siwy_PL PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:07 pm
    —
I have seen them all, not worth any minute of watching, especially our mothers, our fathers- propaganda mostly.

I recomend Russian film "Idi i smotri" (1985) or German "Stalingrad" (1993). Sorry about small offtop.

#10: Re: Fury Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:00 am
    —
I have seen them all too and would recommend Our Mothers, Our Fathers and Brest Fortress, this last one is among the best WWII movies I have seen. Stalingrad looks spectacular but the story just didn't caught me.

#11: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 pm
    —
It says that Fury will take place in April of 1945, and says setting is at the end of the war probably inside Germany. I wonder if the tank they use is the Jumbo 76 Sherman. I would imagine it was extremely hard for the shermans to keep veteran crews, unlike the German tanks when they were hit they had so much protection they could just command another tank some odd days after if one of theirs is hit and had many tank aces. Shermans were like tin as you know and if that gets hit a new greenhorn guy is added constantly sometimes even full crews.

Hey the Fury guys just may be rare vets..

Also noticed the patch on Brad Pitts arm is 2nd Armored. On his other arm is the rank, can't tell which it is.

#12: Re: Fury Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:41 am
    —
"Idi i smotri" (1985) is incredible.

#13: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 am
    —
U.S. 2nd Armored Division

http://youtu.be/99LmNu3-AfM

#14: Re: Fury Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:25 pm
    —
Too much Hollywood.  Tiger at point blank range? As if they would be that close on open field?  But yeah I'll see it.  The Krauts had no chance in April '45.  300 troops advancing?  Ridiculous...the only thing they were doing was trying to stay alive not go on suicide attack mission with zero air support and hopelessly outnumbered.

#15: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:26 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Too much Hollywood.  Tiger at point blank range? As if they would be that close on open field?  But yeah I'll see it.  The Krauts had no chance in April '45.  300 troops advancing?  Ridiculous...the only thing they were doing was trying to stay alive not go on suicide attack mission with zero air support and hopelessly outnumbered.

Sure They did these battles all happened from Feb-May of 1945 according to wikipedia. Probably other smaller ones not even mentioned.

Watching the trailer I couldn't pin point the area or battle. If this did take place in a named operation, many fights were not named..

Operation Veritable
   Operation Grenade
   Operation Lumberjack
   Operation Plunder
   Operation Varsity
   Operation Undertone
   Operation Amherst
   Battle of Kassel
   Battle of Heilbronn
   Ruhr Pocket
   Battle of Groningen

#16: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm
    —
Battle of Kassel was an interesting battle with 7 Tiger II involved.

On March 30, 1945, seven German Tiger II tanks rolled south, heading for Fritzlar. 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) northeast of Fritzlar, the Tigers fought a meeting engagement with an armored spearhead of the U.S. Third Army, resulting in damage or destruction to six U.S. tank destroyers. The German tankers, however, were forced to retreat when their unit was subjected to heavy artillery fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kassel_(1945)

#17: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:15 am
    —
gone

#18: Re: Fury Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 am
    —
Just watched 'Our Mothers, Our Fathers' I enjoyed it.

#19: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:48 pm
    —
jakebullet70 wrote (View Post):
Just watched 'Our Mothers, Our Fathers' I enjoyed it.

yes, it's very good one.
very much Remarquesh Smile.

#20: Re: Fury Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 am
    —
I stand corrected.  Surprised the Krauts managed to pull-off a light recon attack that late in the war.  Wonder whatever happened to the 6 Tiger II's that managed to retreat undamaged.

#21: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 pm
    —
I can't find the part where everyone is talking on other forums about the Tiger's 88mm shell bouncing off a M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo armor. If true yeah, the sherman would not survive that unless the round was an HE. HE would have a solid chance of bursting / deflecting without armor penetration on the Jumbo Even more liekly hitting a spare tank part or sandbad kept in the front for extra armor.

Last edited by vobbnobb on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: Fury Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 pm
    —
New trailer out. Lots more action.

#23: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 pm
    —
Yeap going to have to see this now.

#24: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 pm
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
I can't find the part where everyone is talking on other forums about the Tiger's 88mm shell bouncing off a M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo armor. If true yeah, the sherman would not survive that unless the round was an HE. HE would have a solid chance of bursting / deflecting without armor penetration on the Jumbo Even more liekly hitting a spare tank part or sandbad kept in the front for extra armor.

jumbo was virtually immune to 88 l/56

#25: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 pm
    —
Here is #2

Link

#26: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 pm
    —
in trailer there is m4a3 with m1/a1 gun not jumbo and that hit was most likely lethal

#27: Re: Fury Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 am
    —
Who thought the movie Stalingrad wasn't that good?

I started watching it on the plane, and i was disappointed. It was very mellow dramatic.
I know civilians probably did live there day to day life with bullets going off near them, but this was just over the top. And how about the part when the Russians were attacking the Germans while on fire.  Literally flaming enemy's. Lol.

#28: Re: Fury Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:13 am
    —
Respect to the Director...using a real Tiger tank in the movie.

"Tiger 131 was borrowed from the Bovington Tank Museum for the film. It is the first time a genuine Tiger I tank was used in a contemporary war film." - wiki

#29: Re: Fury Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 am
    —
I'm going tomorrow afternoon to see it.

Anyone here like it?

#30: Re: Fury Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm
    —
It wasn't too bad, but disappointing.

CC fans will appreciate the historical details and the depiction of armor, especially the vintage Tiger.

However, German soldiers run around like drones, firing MGs on a buttoned tank. There is a dinner scene halfway through that was supposed to aid in character development. Instead, it kills the momentum of the plot. And the whole Audi Murphy (sp?) rip-off thing at the end with Pitt manning the 50 cal was a little much.

#31: Re: Fury Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm
    —
Oh my, just saw this. Probably the worst war film I have ever seen.
I hated all about the crew, bunch of redneck American cowboys.
In that last confrontation with the broken tank, they should have made it blow in five minutes and be done with the movie, I don't even know why I kept watching.

First time we see the advancing Germans, 2 out of each 10 have Panzerfausts. They never use them.
The next time the fausts are introduced, there are like two boxes with 4 in each, but they only use 2 of them against the tank.
I thought it was cute how the Germans stopped the attack to let the crew mourn the dead guy.  Rolling Eyes

Who reads this scripts and goes "Yeah, this will be a great movie, let's do it"?

A shame they didn't use the tiger more, they should have made the final confrontation against the Tiger and the Tiger should have blown each Sherman into pieces. Roll credits.

I understand Germans don't like to promote Nazism, but if I was a German I would be really upset to see my countrymen portrayed as such lame soldiers that can't even bypass a tank. No! Better attack with fucking spades! That should do it!
If I was from the US I would probably be upset with the portrayal of the tank crew too.

End of rant.  Laughing

#32: Re: Fury Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm
    —
Fury was good but with a couple of Hollywood flaws. One, when they had buttoned down the tank awaiting the SS. They had gotten themselves prepared but left the extra ammo on the back of the tank. The other, at the end, the new guy emerges from under the tank and a path has been cleared on the road of all the dead Germans - who did that or did they avoid dying on the road. Still it's good to get a reasonable new movie again.

Also can anyone remember the name of a Russian made movie about a peasant boy who joins the Soviet Army pos 43 or 44. It details his experience of WW2. Shot in black and white. Another movie is one about partisans fighting in the Eastern forests after WW2 - again from memory in black and white. Both movies were made in the 1960's i think.

Cheers

ps. Watched Play Dirty - Nth Africa Campaign and not bad either.

#33: Re: Fury Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:08 am
    —
@sod98  
The Russian movies you are asking are "Idi Smotri" (Come and See) and "Ivanovo Detstvo" (Ivan's Childhood). I haven't watched them yet so cannot say if they are good, but they are supposed to be quite decent.

#34: Re: Fury Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 am
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Who reads this scripts and goes "Yeah, this will be a great movie, let's do it"?

Prob same idiots who destroyed 90% of movies ever made with their 'made for the masses' bs... ;)

Off topic I know but look at the walking dead for example, a laughably bad script full of absurdly idiocies and lame contrivances... yet incredibly popular! Somehow this pos gets 8.7 on imdb.com! WTF? Putting it at #100 in the ranking of top TV series of all time... simply shameful. I truly don't like to say this but it's hard not to think there's a lot of very stupid people out there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched and enjoyed the series as I scream "rick you dick" 10 times an episode on average and hate on his douchebag of a son, take that stupid f-ing hat off you lame tool, and no you really can't score perfect HS 15 times from one 7 round clip you little prick! ... that kind of thing. But seriously, who in their right mind rates this garbage 8.7/10... most people it seems! Scary scary thought. Wayyy off topic I know. /rant.

#35: Re: Fury Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 am
    —
I recently watched "The Big Red One". It was not the best wwii movie with equipment details and special effects, though events and character depictions and relations between characters felt pretty realistic. I think because, it was based on Samuel Fuller's novel, who was a wwii veteran himself...

Yeah, I felt same, too, that whatever the tank crew is going through, the most important thing is Bradd Pitt's hair is well greased, combed and shiny... Smile
I almost thougt he is using the grease from tank...(historical realism  Twisted Evil )... I agree the frontal hit, could not be bearable. Maybe, it would be more interesting, they had started with one tank, it got blown off, then only survivor was brad, and he was assigned back to duty with all brand new rookie crew, at first they hate him, then they form a good comradeship..:)

Of course, special effects are awesome, moving tracer rounds etc. but still find movies from 60s and 70s are the best...
Besides, I agree, it seems pretty rare, the tank crew is all veteran and brad says they are fighting their way since north africa... There would possibly be more replacements.

Lastly, the scene where they are waiting outnumbered for the advancing germans reminds me of saving private ryan.

#36: Re: Fury Author: sod98 PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 am
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
@sod98  
The Russian movies you are asking are "Idi Smotri" (Come and See) and "Ivanovo Detstvo" (Ivan's Childhood). I haven't watched them yet so cannot say if they are good, but they are supposed to be quite decent.

Not those two movies. Although they are both good movies and thanks. Both movies I'm after were filmed in black and white and of 1960's origin maybe earlier.

The one of the Russian peasant boy joining the red Army showed lots of action, soldiers riding T34 across streams and lead up battlefields.

The other movie I think was possibly set in a Baltic country Post WW2 and may have been English and at a very long push American. I think the combatants were ex German Army - Latvians, Estonians etc. Or even East German - too long ago.

Cheers

#37: Re: Fury Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:59 pm
    —
mikwarleo wrote (View Post):

Prob same idiots who destroyed 90% of movies ever made with their 'made for the masses' bs... ;)

Off topic I know but look at the walking dead for example, a laughably bad script full of absurdly idiocies and lame contrivances... yet incredibly popular! Somehow this pos gets 8.7 on imdb.com! WTF? Putting it at #100 in the ranking of top TV series of all time... simply shameful. I truly don't like to say this but it's hard not to think there's a lot of very stupid people out there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched and enjoyed the series as I scream "rick you dick" 10 times an episode on average and hate on his douchebag of a son, take that stupid f-ing hat off you lame tool, and no you really can't score perfect HS 15 times from one 7 round clip you little prick! ... that kind of thing. But seriously, who in their right mind rates this garbage 8.7/10... most people it seems! Scary scary thought. Wayyy off topic I know. /rant.

Yeah, Walking Dead does not deserve anything higher than 8.0 on IMDB. However I cannot deny that the show has some sort of an addictive quality, at least that's the case for me.

One thing which really annoys me about the series is that you can die by a zombie bite due to infection, and yet everyone walks around in shorts and tshirts. The first thing any sane person with some relatively safe accommodation would do is to make some sort of bite- and scratch-proof body armor. A chain mail or a brigandine type of thing combined with an axe or sword makes you literally bad-ass against zombies.  Drop the guns and go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

#38: Re: Fury Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:25 pm
    —
saw Fury today pretty average Hollywood film can't see why the high ratings 8/10
6/10 best for me

#39: Re: Fury Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 am
    —
go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

lol yes!

Last edited by mikwarleo on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

#40: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:01 am
    —
Saw Fury finally. Ton of suspense, pretty good.

SPOILER DONT READ BELOW!
Below as to not spoil it for someone else, who hasn't seen it.

Hidden: 

I give it 9/10 stars

Movie was above average I would go so far to say it was on the same playing field as saving private ryan.

Visuals and shells were really good! Especially the tigers.

Was nice to see the shermans insides as well as other allied and axis equipment

Ok so was it possible to take on 300 German troops with 1 tank? I think it would be, especially if the fighters were low end volks front. But the TC says they are SS troops. Maybe assistant gunner was wrong and there were less.

The ending seemed alittle bogus all those boxes of panzerfausts and only 1 hit? The tank was in smoke cover and it was even night out, with
only a house fire lit to glow things. The tank would have been completely toasted by panzerfausts.

They did a good job of showing the volks fighters with the elerly and kids fighting.

I saw the STG-44 more than any other gun it seemed.

Another thing I didn't understand is how they un hitched the 30cal coax and put it in bow for the out of ammo one?

Tiger tank rounds seemed small after hitting a sherman.

Never understood how gunner was getting constant kills with Smoke rounds?

Liked seeing the different Sherman and barrels being used.

Wouldn't a veteran tank crew want a different tank though? They had better stuff by now..

#41: Re: Fury Author: Range10 PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:38 am
    —
Wasn't Tiger 131 the tank Churchill sent the SAS or the like to go capture?

And the Germans tried hard to destroy it so that the Brits could not do a complete assessment.

(Also, vobbnobb, how do you post 2 days into the future? Today is the 9th of December and your post says the 11th. That's pretty cool.)

#42: Re: Fury Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:27 am
    —
Pre-Ordered Fury on Blu-Ray...I had some reward points from BestBuy cost me nothing. It's been a long time since a decent WW2 film was made, had to get this.

Walking Dead is nothing to take seriously.  Just kind of a "what if" type show, it does get stupid at times.  The thing I like about Walking Dead is that is simulates what life would be like in apocoloptic world.  Zombies?  No.  But Nuclear Winter, Global Warming, unstoppable virus/bacterial outbreak, mega-earthquake, or some other disaster can create the type of conditions shown in Walking Dead minus the Zombies.   It's the acting (some) and cast that makes Walking Dead a success.  

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
mikwarleo wrote (View Post):

Yeah, Walking Dead does not deserve anything higher than 8.0 on IMDB. However I cannot deny that the show has some sort of an addictive quality, at least that's the case for me.

One thing which really annoys me about the series is that you can die by a zombie bite due to infection, and yet everyone walks around in shorts and tshirts. The first thing any sane person with some relatively safe accommodation would do is to make some sort of bite- and scratch-proof body armor. A chain mail or a brigandine type of thing combined with an axe or sword makes you literally bad-ass against zombies.  Drop the guns and go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

#43: Re: Fury Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:28 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Pre-Ordered Fury on Blu-Ray...I had some reward points from BestBuy cost me nothing. It's been a long time since a decent WW2 film was made, had to get this.

Walking Dead is nothing to take seriously.  Just kind of a "what if" type show, it does get stupid at times.  The thing I like about Walking Dead is that is simulates what life would be like in apocoloptic world.  Zombies?  No.  But Nuclear Winter, Global Warming, unstoppable virus/bacterial outbreak, mega-earthquake, or some other disaster can create the type of conditions shown in Walking Dead minus the Zombies.   It's the acting (some) and cast that makes Walking Dead a success.  

True. It is interesting to see what would happen if the humankind had to revert to "survival of the fittest" life-style.

#44: Re: Fury Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:45 am
    —
Well, I have finally had the chance to see Fury. I have learned very precious tactics and tips from this movie. You should all follow these in your CC battles as well:

1) As a tank commander, you should always keep the hatch open. Even under enemy MG and sniper fire, keeping the hatch open and looking cool as a commander boosts up your fellow troopers' morale a lot. And if you are lucky and have a pretty face such as Brad Pitt, the enemy may even try not to shoot you in the face Wink .

2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks.

3) If you are a German commander and your order is to attack a town which is a supply depot of the US troops, postpone that. It will have to wait, because you have a damn Sherman blocking your precious road.

You need to wage *TOTAL WAR* on this immobile tank which stands on your way. Do not consider making a detour! Do not even try to circumvent it, the f*cker is not supposed to be there in the first place anyway. After all, *DAS IST EUER LAND* and you need to take it out even if takes for you to lose half of your battalion in the process!

4) When you attack the tank, try to soften it up first with MG fire and then do a human wave attack. You should consider the possibility of using Panzerfausts only after you lose 50% of your troops.

Also, try not to shoot the guy on the roof manning that 50 cal. After all, who does not like the sound of a 50 cal? Let it sing its song for a while.

So to summarize, I really feel sorry for the people who wrote this piece of garbage. It is without any doubt one of the worst war movies ever. Apart from the stupid things I mentioned above, nothing makes sense. There is no proper plot, characters don't have substance, no proper background stories. You don't care about anyone and anything while watching the movie. Who would write such bullshit?

#45: Re: Fury Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:44 am
    —
Thank you Crackwise!

#46: Re: Fury Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:18 pm
    —
I heard it was actually an antiwar movie. So that might have something to do with how it turned out.

#47: Re: Fury Author: Range10 PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:30 pm
    —
Thanks again, Crackwise. Sarcasm appreciated.

But one of your critiques is ironically close to reality.

"2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks."

Unfortunately, there were a lot of commanders who did just this. Many of the battles in Operation Goodwood show this cavalry charge mentality.

And the AI in GTC is not much better.

#48: Re: Fury Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:01 pm
    —
lol @ crackwise

#49: Re: Fury Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 pm
    —
Someone should have bought the writer a copy of CC... that way he could practise and know that the german SS battalion could encircle FURY with their panzer fausts instead of run at the bow MG like Leemings

In retrospect I don't think the North Koreans hacked Sony, I think it was the Germans, pissed off by being made to look like tactical retards on the big screen

#50: Re: Fury Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:33 pm
    —
Good job there are films being made outside Hollywood  Very Happy  
Just watched Arn: The Knight Templar  such a good film a solid 8/10

Re southern land - (In retrospect I don't think the North Koreans hacked Sony, I think it was the Germans, pissed off by being made to look like tactical retards on the big screen)
Reminds me when i first played CC3, didnt know what the fuck to do against big heavy Russian tanks apart kill all my troops Confused

#51: Re: Fury Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:50 am
    —
It wasnt the Germans who Hacked Sony.

It was all the Kids playing Minecraft on Level 420

#52: Re: Fury Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:02 pm
    —
Fury was a pretty lousy movie.  Terrible acting, terrible plot.  I'm not sure what it was trying to be.  Typical junk you see from Hollywood.  

If you want to see a good WW2 flick, check out Generation War.

#53: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 am
    —
Badassery

Fury Tiger Scene HD

http://youtu.be/g6VIfz_tZEI

“If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.”
-Heinz Guderian

#54: Re: Fury Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 am
    —
I dont recall hearing any one saying "Son of a Bitch" in this movie. And the rules state clearly, all good movies MUST contain at least 1 "Son of a Bitch"....
Son of a Bitch

#55: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm
    —
Quote:
2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks.

actually watching Brake's clip again - http://youtu.be/g6VIfz_tZEI it is clear that Pitt commands 76mm Sherman to go to the right flank while he and 75mm Sherman approach on left flank. And if you look at Tiger, its gun is aligned very much to the left when it was shooting Peterson. So they did all in a good way but somehow the director didn't show it right.
Same as with attack on a field with infantry - it should be around 700m between tanks and forest where Paks were but again the director shot it like it was 200m making it kind of stupid.

pressed a pause in the end and tried to count bodies - approximately 90-100 around Fury - one of the bloodies movie ever (probably only second to Rambo 4) Smile.

#56: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm
    —
Filmmakers and game designers both agree on one thing. Depicting close range combat is more dramatic and exciting than long range combat.

#57: Re: Fury Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 am
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Filmmakers and game designers both agree on one thing. Depicting close range combat is more dramatic and exciting than long range combat.

Excepting ICBM's with nuclear warheads.

This movie is not for moi. I couldn't make it through the trailers.

Brad Pitt probably needs to go back to togas and Jen.

#58: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 pm
    —
Full Fury Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFBtXwQkQGi3UYo1LXLMsNRjHxlJY9AeQ

Tracklist

1. April, 1945 (4:15)
2. The War Is Not Over (1:48 )
3. Fury Drives Into Camp (1:51 )
4. Refugees (2:42 )
5. Ambush (2:07 )
6. The Beetfield (7:59 )
7. Airfight (3:05 )
8. The Town Square (2:18 )
9. The Apartment ( :59 )
10. Emma ( 2:36 )
11. Tiger Battle (6:18 )
12. On The Lookout (3:04 )
13. This Is My Home (3:43 )
14. Machine (3:22 )
15. Crossroads (8:06 )
16. Still In This Fight (3:39 )
17. I’m Scared Too (3:46 )
18. Wardaddy (2:39 )
19. Norman (2:51 )

Behind the Score with Composer Steven Price

http://youtu.be/LytmHTAKjCg

furysoundtrack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.73 KB
 Viewed:  12910 Time(s)

furysoundtrack.jpg

#59: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 am
    —
Well guys here is the full scene where they are up against a PAK AT gun.

You can pick out some strategic battle errors here, there are some. Neat scene BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlE3Gy8gp8

Also the green tracers? Did Germans have them in 45' and why the use?  No comments about it on youtube comment box

#60: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:51 am
    —
Well guys here is the full scene where they are up against a PAK AT gun.
You can pick out some strategic battle errors here, there are some. Neat scene BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlE3Gy8gp8
Also the green tracers? Did Germans have them in 45' and why the use?  No comments about it on youtube comment box

Good one Vonbbnobb, proving my post
Quote:
Same as with attack on a field with infantry - it should be around 700m between tanks and forest where Paks were but again the director shot it like it was 200m making it kind of stupid.

If I hear the ATG commander right he said "Tausend meter, feuer". So the distance was 1000m and at such a range PAK40 did really have problems penetrating M4A3 glasic.

The more I watch the movie the more I like it Smile.

#61: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:53 am
    —
^ I am wondering if the pak had any aim difficulties hitting targets coming head not only because of the armor being thickest there but some gunner adjustment problems on head on moving targets opposed to the side of armor moving targets.

At 1:40 notice the ricochet how straight it goes, I think there would be some wobble to it after it deflected, but anyways neat special effects.

#62: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:21 am
    —
U.S. Army Training film depicts on how to make an Sherman M4 Tank ready for battle

https://youtu.be/8zdDfJ4GZ2Y

#63: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:02 am
    —
^ I am wondering if the pak had any aim difficulties hitting targets coming head not only because of the armor being thickest there but some gunner adjustment problems on head on moving targets opposed to the side of armor moving targets.

in average it took 6 shots to KO a tank during WW2.
combat stress, wind, range mistakes, quality of ammunition all took their toll.

Quote:
At 1:40 notice the ricochet how straight it goes, I think there would be some wobble to it after it deflected, but anyways neat special effects.

why?

#64: Re: Fury Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:23 am
    —
45 minute "Norman"

https://youtu.be/9WgRMA3ffgE

logan-lerman-and-brad-pitt-FURY.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.78 KB
 Viewed:  281 Time(s)

logan-lerman-and-brad-pitt-FURY.jpg

#65: Re: Fury Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 am
    —
[quote]Also the green tracers? Did Germans have them in 45' and why the use?  No comments about it on youtube comment box[/quote
yes, the Germans did use green tracers.

#66: Re: Fury Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:07 am
    —
Here is the real tank ace for whom the movie was semi historically portrayed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_G._Pool

Last edited by vobbnobb on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#67: Re: Fury Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:16 pm
    —
Interesting that the top American tank ace only had a kill count of 12 kraut panzers. Vast majority of his kills were against infantry...and how did he capture 250?  Maybe the krauts were all too happy to surrender to Yankees instead of facing possibility of getting re-deployed to east front where Russians wanted revenge.

#68: Re: Fury Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm
    —
Watched the film. Shit.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1