ArmeegruppeSud RIP
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:28 am
    —
One of our Austrailian Close Combat Legends has past away. ArmeegruppeSud died suddenly and unexpectedly in March 2013. Steffen created the iconic Close Combat III/Cross of Iron Der Ost Front Mod series.  His work has become the most popular Mod in Close Combat COI game. Steffen also created Der Ost Front 2.0 Campaign: Battles of Heeresgruppe Süd (Army Group South) He was at work with DOF 3.

Steffen was survived by his Wife and child.

ArmeegruppeSud We Love You Brother! We Miss You! Thank You Brother! God Bless Your Spirit!

http://youtu.be/MR87LsmXzBs

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:00 am
    —
I contacted his church earlier today to see if the news was true. From the Senior Pastor at Victory Harbour Baptist Church...

Quote:
".... I conducted the funeral for Steffen after he died suddenly and unexpectedly in March 2013. The church here has continued to support his wife through her time of grief and loss..."
Grace and peace,
Tony Ling

ArmeeGruppeSud's Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/armeegruppesud

I think most of AGS's posts ended up in Trainwrecks thread. We certainly did notice he was not active anymore as his arguments and use of forum formatting were pretty epic. He made some excellent contributions to the community and from watching his videos he seemed like a very happy and outgoing man. RIP.

#3: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:46 am
    —
Thanks for contacting me mooxe.

i have just spoken to the pastor of his church.

he died suddenly of heart failure and is survived by his wife and at the time unborn child.

regards
schrecken

#4: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 am
    —
Wow sorry to hear that.  At least he was quite content with the young wife - enjoyed it while he had it..  3rd person I know in their 50's that died from heart attacks recently.  Pretty sure he was in his 50's or late 40's? At least AGS here on the internet you live permanently!  On hard drive disks for eternity.  Thanks for the mods brother!

#5: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 am
    —
He was only 52... I'm 53 in August Sad

#6: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:36 am
    —
Ah shit.  Just got sent this link from Antony.  So sorry to here this.  RIP cobber.

Marc

#7: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 am
    —
RIP to a great modder and forum brother. Very sad news.

#8: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 am
    —
Yes ... sorry to hear..   Sad

#9: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:54 pm
    —
A tragic notice for CC community:(

Honor and Glory to AGS!!!!

#10: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:51 am
    —
Wow, sad news.  I played some operations against him using his DOF mod--just looked at the screenshots I took of those battles and that was back in 2007!  I drove him a bit nuts during those battles (me getting lucky with rarity and getting a slew of Tigers and 12cm mortars in late '42 had a bit to do with it) but he was a good sport.  His DOF mod was a solid contribution to CC3.  Cheers AGS!

#11: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:04 pm
    —
Damn, sad to hear that. My condolences  Sad

#12: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 pm
    —
That is so sad to hear of the loss of such great talent in the CC community. DOF was one of my favorite CC3 mods to play. May he Rest in Peace.

#13: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 pm
    —
Sad news. So young and with a family that was about to get started. Rest in peace.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1