Tanks for sale
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Tanks for sale Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:33 pm
    —
Auction for armored vehicles in California. Just need a lot of money.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=LC14

#2: Re: Tanks for sale Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:28 pm
    —
WOW, a real Sherman Jumbo for sale!

#3: Re: Tanks for sale Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:39 pm
    —
I bet you really have to be micro size to fit most of them..

#4: Re: Tanks for sale Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:41 am
    —
If you click on the item, there is a wealth of information on each fighting vehicle

good post vobbnobb  Smile

#5: Re: Tanks for sale Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 am
    —
These are from a museum that was going out of business or something... seen the article somewhere......

#6: Re: Tanks for sale Author: VandooLocation: North PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 pm
    —
Wow ! That collection is mighty impressive. Gonna check out my lotto ticket and make some room in my yard  Very Happy

#7: Re: Tanks for sale Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:14 pm
    —
Thanks for posting, nice stuff available!

P.S. Checked my Euro Jackpot, no win  Mad

#8: Re: Tanks for sale Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 pm
    —
Jacques M. Littlefield had a famous collection and he personally displayed them on History Channel or other television documentaries.  Unfortunately Jacques passed away a few years ago and it appears whomever inherited his estate wants to cash-out his collection.  Or maybe they are just liquidating a portion of his collection.  I believe he had much more than what is being auctioned.  Probably his estate trustees already cherry-picked the most valuable collections and these are the leftovers.  Jacques as I recall purchased a Panther that got stuck in in river in Poland and he spent a lot of time restoring it to pristine condition.  The Panther does not appear in the auction.

I had planned on registering to visit the museum but sounds like they will shut it down.

#9: Re: Tanks for sale Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:49 pm
    —
When I saw this on Fox News I could make out a Panther in the background. So saying that you believe they are liquidating a portion of the collection makes more sense.

#10: Re: Tanks for sale Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm
    —
Here is the Fox News clip also showing the remaining tanks not for sale that are being donated to a the Collings Aviation Museum near Boston.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3671214426001/military-tanks-and-guns-hit-the-auction-block/#sp=show-clips

This is a link to the catalog of auction items.

http://auctionsamerica.com/catalog/2014/LC14/

#11: Re: Tanks for sale Author: GMAKLocation: Montreal PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:22 am
    —
Wow, I made it or what, this is a mercenary site right?  Laughing

#12: Re: Tanks for sale Author: SeanOConnor PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 am
    —
Dammit, if only I'd made my billions on some crummy social media website I'd have snapped all of them up.....

#13: Re: Tanks for sale Author: GMAKLocation: Montreal PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am
    —
SeanOConnor wrote (View Post):
Dammit, if only I'd made my billions on some crummy social media website I'd have snapped all of them up.....

I know how you feel. I got a mass media on my side and I will buy a tank soon.  Cool

#14: Re: Tanks for sale Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm
    —
I just asked Mrs Grunt if we should buy a tank, she said how much?
I said $299 thousand for a Sherman.....

it didnt go so good after that  Embarassed

#15: Re: Tanks for sale Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 pm
    —
Cant believe a Pz IV is $1.7 mil, most of the Shermans are around $300 K , must be the rarity of German armour that raises the price.

#16: Re: Tanks for sale Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:40 pm
    —
Yeah, and they were saying the Pz!V survived a stint in the Arab Israelis War.

#17: Re: Tanks for sale Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:15 am
    —
Some prices & more pics

One of the highlights was an extremely rare German 8-ton half-track Sd.Kfz. 7 sold for more than $1.2 million. Built in 1942, the 12-man crew transport, one of 12,187 built by German manufacturers, was used to tow medium-sized artillery while transporting 11 gun-crew members and ammunition.  

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/a-bunch-of-war-buffs-just-dropped-10m-on-an-arsenal-of-old-tanks/#x

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1