CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 pm
    —
Well, when I downloaded CCTLD for my Windows 8 Computer, I downloaded it successfully. But, before I played it, I checked that the compatibility was on Windows 8, so I changed the compatibility from Windows XP (I don't know which Service Pack it was) to Windows 8. Then, I opened TLD Game Menu, and saw that the starting screen was messed up and the screen size was extremely small and the colour is pink. I am using Windows 8 64 bit and a 1920x1080 screen.

CCTLD Messed Up.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  402.21 KB
 Viewed:  477 Time(s)

CCTLD Messed Up.png

Properties.png
 Description:
Anything wrong here?
 Filesize:  962.2 KB
 Viewed:  468 Time(s)

Properties.png

#2: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 pm
    —
Don't have Windows 8 so I haven't setup/tested CCTLD on it but....

Close combat requires at minimum 1024x768 thus the 640x480 option should definitely not be ticked.

Also since CCTLD was released before Windows 8 would you not select Windows 7 as the OS compatibility mode???

#3: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 pm
    —
Ah yes, my mistake that I ticked 640x480 box.

Tried that, doesn't work.

#4: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 pm
    —
I had found a solution to that error. Just start, and hold Ctrl and press 'play'. Change the resolution to whatever the screen size is.

#5: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:04 am
    —
Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
I had found a solution to that error. Just start, and hold Ctrl and press 'play'. Change the resolution to whatever the screen size is.

I have the same problem, but I don't quite understand your solution. Can you elaborate?

#6: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:00 pm
    —
Play = double click on game icon to launch TLD

#7: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:56 pm
    —
Thanks!

#8: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:31 pm
    —
Another solution is to configure game to play in windowed mode, and right click taskbar, properties "Auto-hide  taskbar".

#9: Re: CCTLD just messed up HELP PLEASE Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:25 pm
    —
I vaguely remember a tool called Pallete Stealer Suspender that would solve the same display issue with Age of Empires. If it would be of help I can try and find it?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1