It Never Snows In September Beta Available
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:28 am
    —
Finally it's here and you can download it from here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/Gunsche/

Here is how you get it to work:
-Make sure you have Last Stand Arnhem installed first and that it is updated with the latest patch.
-Download INSIS_BETA.rar, uncompress it and move the INSIN folder to your main Last Stand Arnhem folder.
-Now copy the original map folder from the original Last Stand Arnhem folder and past it into the INSIN folder.
-Download the INSIS_BETA_MAPACK.rar and paste the contents into the map folder in the INSIN folder. Replace any files when promted.

Almost done now  Very Happy
-Create a shortcut from the CCE located in the Last Stand Arnhem folder and put it on your desktop.
-Right click it and chose Properties, locate the "Target" string and put   /D INSIS     at the end of the line.
It should look like something like this:
"C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\CCE.exe" /D INSIS
Finally press Change Icon and locate cclINSIS.ico which is located in the INSIS folder.
Press ok and then apply.
Open the shortcut and play,folks!

Last edited by Gunsche on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:35 am
    —
About the campaigns.

There are two Grand Campaigns, one for an axis player vs the AI and one for an allied player vs the AI.
H2H campaign will be added later.
The reson for the two player vs AI campaigns is an attempt to get a more historical feeling, with units showing up at the right time and such, to prevent them from going the wrong way etc.

The campaigns should be played at recruit level for historical force strenghts. You can't make your BGs stonger than their historical counterparts, only weaker to give you more of a challange.

Feel free to post your thoughts on the gameplay and post any errors you encounter.
Please note that this mod ain't finished yet!
Most of the axis unit pictures are yet to be done, the new intro video is missing and there are a few sounds missing.

Enjoy! Very Happy

#3: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 pm
    —
Thanks Gunsche. You made this available just in time for me. I plan on playing this one all weekend at work assuming I don't run into problems or if I do will report back on those. Thanks for all your hard work.

#4: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:12 pm
    —
No problem Schmal_Turm, I hope you will have fun playing it!  Very Happy
And if you've got time, I would love to see some feedback from your gameplay later.

#5: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: brunel PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm
    —
I cant get the shortcut to work, having followed the instructions.

INSIS error.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.17 KB
 Viewed:  599 Time(s)

INSIS error.gif

#6: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 pm
    —
aha. now I see it.
My instruction is incorrect.
It should be in "Target", not "Start in".
Instructions corrected  Wink

#7: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:25 pm
    —
After playing a little bit (still in first turn of campaign) I've noticed that on long move orders soldiers with a BAR are faster then the rest of their rifle squad and end up far ahead to the point of becoming separated from the others. I don't recall ever seeing this in the un-moded game. Perhaps you (accidentally) adjusted the weight for the BAR?

#8: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:56 pm
    —
Hmmm, haven't noticed that myself. I'll check it. I did make the BAR lighter as there are two BAR in the mod.
One is light LMG with bipod and the other is more like a very heavy assault rilfe with no bipod. I made it lighter to reflect this but mabe that small a weight change reflects poorly in CC?

#9: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 pm
    —
It seems that the US 60MM M2 mortar doesn't leave shell holes in dirt, but does in pavement

#10: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:52 am
    —
OK, sorry for the double post, but I'm a bit perplexed by the 107th Pz Bde's entry. So it spawned on the Son Bridge map (which feels a little cheap: "did you secure a perimeter around the bridge? Doesn't matter) from the to Son Heath victory location which means that it would have a very high likelihood of being cut off from supplies/fuel and that it gets bottled up behind those buildings with only the dirt road out. I was able to force it to disband its first turn using the 506th PIR/101st AB (no AT guns) and mortar support--I never even had the opportunity to call in an air strike before it was over.

Lest you think I only have criticisms, I love the new sounds--especially for the 30 cal machine gun (I hated the old sound), though the British rifle seems a touch load compared to the rest--like the unit icon pictures and love the Hill 75.9 map, the only new-new one I've fought on yet (I did fight in Veghel but, of course, it is an old CC2 map and essentially reused in Mook). It always seemed a tease that the CC2/LSA briefing videos showed what must be that hill yet we weren't able to fight on it.

#11: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:19 am
    —
Quote:
It seems that the US 60MM M2 mortar doesn't leave shell holes in dirt, but does in pavement

Yupp, it doesn't. I guess the 2-inch and the 50mm does the same. Will check it out.

About the 107: They did make a counterattack on the Son Bridge and were forced to withdraw in the same hour and the reason it spawns on the Son Bridge in the allied campaign is to make sure it actually try to take back the bridge. At first I placed it in Gemert and hoped he would take the right way. Ofc it didn't as it attacked Veghel instead.
Disbanding the bde is ok as it should reapear the next day at the closest major supply depot.
Or it should: I noticed I had forgoten to turn  "Recycle Disbanded BGs" on.
This is now fixed for the next update. Sadly for you, you won't see 107 in your campaign anymore  Crying or Very sad

I always liked that unit  Very Happy

#12: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 am
    —
Great work! Youve got a kind of CC2 feeling with this one Very Happy

Playing as germans...when will the XXX:e corps attack? I thought they started the offensive when the Áirborne troops landed??

Anyway...fantastic work!

Cheers Mats

#13: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:24 pm
    —
Thank you for this mod and your hard work!

Just started a GC. So far Im liking the sounds and look of it all.

#14: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:20 pm
    —
Thank you all, glad you like it  Very Happy

Quote:
Playing as germans...when will the XXX:e corps attack? I thought they started the offensive when the Áirborne troops landed??

Valkenswaard was changed to Aalst as Valkenswaard is further south of the campaign area and I could not include both.
Now it's more like CC2 ( Very Happy ) as they were delayed until the morning of the 18th, spending the night in Valkenswaard.
I thought it to be nice to put some more pressure on the allie dplayer and give the germans some extra time.
Battles were raging in Best and at the Son bridge as the XXX corps arrived in Eindhoven, the germans having been given the time to counter attack.

Btw, Sapa, wouldn't that be the dream?
CC2 with space for 64 maps, 300 unit and weapons pictures, unlimted number of team variations, weapons and vehicles?
Omg, just the thought... Shocked

#15: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm
    —
Not a bid deal, but the BO unit defending the Heumen Bridge map has a 7.62CM Pak 63(r) which has a unit icon/picture of an allied half track, at least when I click on the force on the strategic map--I've somehow managed not to fight there yet.

#16: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 pm
    —
Yeah I know. It's one of the german units to get a new unit card  Wink
No idea how he got the M5 HT though  Laughing

#17: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 am
    —
Yes  Very Happy  that would be nice!

Sorry..now i understands why Horrock arrives sep 18  Embarassed

/Mats

#18: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 pm
    —
Odd problem which (hopefully) I've attached a save file to illustrate. My British 1st Airborne are in full supply (++) and should not be. I wonder if it has something to do with your new West Osterbeek map as I moved onto for the first time last turn--maybe the game thinks it has a hidden connection to a map it shouldn't?

Full Supply.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Full Supply.rar
 Filesize:  136.75 KB
 Downloaded:  527 Time(s)

#19: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: brunel PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm
    —
Hello, great mod, I have got it working now. A few things I have noticed which could be fixed in the next version:

The mortars seem far too accurate and wipe out entire squads of infantry. Perhaps decrease the accuracy and add a minimum range?
The ammo loads for some units seems unrealistic - US .30 machine has 6000 rounds and US mortars have between 44 and 60 rounds.
I don't think the US airborne units had BARs - they used a light version of the M1919 .30 calibre
I put up a M9 halftruck in one battle against a Panther and it took more than 1 one to disable to halftruck....

#20: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 pm
    —
HogansHeros, I'll check that issue this weekend. Currently I haven't found any strange/hidden map connections, but I will look again.

Great brunel!  Very Happy
About the BAR for airborne: they used both LMG 30cal and BAR during Market Garden. At first I only found reference that the 82nd used them, then later I found out that the 101st used them too. Many squads swaped their squad 30cal LMG for a BAR as it was more versalite than the LMG 30cal. It was less heavier and more use full in assaulting enemy positions.

On mortars = I have put the accuracy very low for all mortars. The spread of detonations depends on the range to target.
Medium mortars are set to a minimum range of 200 meters, light is set to 50 meters.

Will check ammo levels for soldiers, I may have forgotten to adjust these for some of them.

On the M9 vs Panther incident = did it take two tanks to kill the M9? Or did it take more than 1 shot to kill it?
As far as I have played CC I can remember incidents like this, with tanks putting rounds in to a target and doing minor damage when it should outright kill it. Like a Panther vs a halftrack. I belive this is a CC engine thing where it calculate the chances for a 1 shot K.O. or something. It's not something I encounter regulary, seems much like "shit happens" you know?

But if this DO happen often, please tell me and I'll check it.

#21: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 pm
    —
HogansHeros, are you running the latest exe (CC-LastStandArnhem-Update-v56053.exe) as there was some supply line bugs in that they said were fixed in the patches?

#22: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:19 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
HogansHeros, are you running the latest exe (CC-LastStandArnhem-Update-v56053.exe) as there was some supply line bugs in that they said were fixed in the patches?

Yes, 5.60.53

I haven't figured out the problem, but I did find two errors. I can move units from Arnham Road Bridge to Valburg (but not from Valburg back to the bridge) and from Renkum Heath DZ-X to Johanna Hoeve Farm (though not from the Farm back to DZ-X).

I still suspect that the supply error is rooted in the same type of problem, but I have not found it yet although I failed to scroll around the map while attempting to move from each map individually  to see which locations are highlighted indicating a posible move when they should not be.

(edited, can't go from Valburg to Arnham Road Bridge)

#23: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 am
    —
HogansHeros:
I found two old map connections in the two maps BTD file. Both connections were removed  Wink

#24: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 am
    —
Just some opinions, no complains Wink

I think you should "release" the XXX:th corps earlier because i think the german reinforcements will totally stop the advance at Eindhoven.

I thought Gräbner counterattacked Arnhem bridge morning sep 18 but in the mod he is only halfways the road from Nijmegen and Frost havent even reached the bridge. (maybe weaken the German troops at Rail and Roadbridge to give him a fair chance?)

//Mats

#25: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 pm
    —
Nice to see, new mods are rolling out...

#26: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm
    —
Wink
Quote:
Just some opinions, no complains

Hey, If you have complains I want to hear them too  Wink

Gräbners recce has been moved one map closer to Arnhem road bridge. It will take him 4 turns to get there, making him appear 0900hrs on the 18th for an dawn attack.

As for XXXth corps = Airsupport was grounded by fog so they were delayed until 0930. (But will appear 0900 ingame at Aalst)
I want to see how this works out first, I do wish to see the allied player sweat a bit  Twisted Evil

As for Frost's 2nd battalion= Due to me being an historical nerd, I want the damn Arhem railbridge to blow up!  Laughing
But of course I shouldn't be so selfish, I should give the player the chance to save the bridge. I will removed 1 flak gun, letting the germans still have a chace to hold Frost of longe nough to destroy the bridge. We will see how it goes from there

#27: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:47 am
    —
Gunsche,

Am really enjoying your new mod, especially since I haven't played LSA in quite a while. So far the only real problem I have seen is that your AEC MkIII seems to have the turret to one side. It seems like nit picking to me but I thought you should know. I loved the addition of the Opel Maultier with the 20mm.

Keep up the good work.

#28: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm
    —
Hello folks, an update for the beta is almost ready.
This is what it includes so far:

Vickers MMG volume increased (Was too low in comparison to other MGs)
Elst Approach Static BG removed
Recycle Disbanded BGs set to yes in Campaing.txt (Destroyed BGs will return at the closest Major Supply depot)
107PzB starts in Gemert instead of Son
Briefeing videos enabled for campaigns (Changed Campaign names)
minor changes to buttons in BG screen
Multiplayer screen changed back to original to work with Game Ranger
Arnhem Road bridge BTD fixed
Renkum Heath LZ-X BTD fixed
Mortar kill ratings lowered
XXXth Corps in Aalst 0900hrs on the 18th
KGr Gräbner moved to Elst Approach in order to do his infamous failed dash across the Arnhem road bridge
1x Flak 38 removed from Arnhem Rail Bridge
Ammo for US mortars and MGs adjusted
Ingame LMG BAR graphics changed (was leMG 15/18
Valburg - Elst Approach road arrow corrected
AEC Mk III Turret aligment
Twin 20mm Oerlikon ammo burst usage lowered from 10 to 6.
Twin 20mm Oerlikon HE ammo made less effective.
Old Valkenswaard map changed to smaller Valkenswaard map (made by schrecken and supplied by Sapa)

#29: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:25 am
    —
Small change:
Allied player vs Axis AI and vice verse has been merged to one Grand Campaign to get the videos to works.

#30: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:41 pm
    —
Gunche.... would you like to me make an installer for you? As updates come in you could just send me the files and a new installer will be released, with a new version number. Let me know.

#31: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:50 am
    —
an installer would would GREAT mooxe  Very Happy  Gunsche, dont you think thats an awesome idea bro  Very Happy

#32: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 am
    —
Definitely an installer makes it easier!

#33: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 am
    —
Me thrice for installer!

#34: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm
    —
Gunsche, thank you very much for your mod! Smile

#35: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:26 pm
    —
No problem with an installer, when mooxe so gracioulsy offeres his services  Wink
I'll see about making a few graphics for the installer tomorrow.

Bordic, glad to hear it!  Very Happy

#36: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:14 am
    —
I would like Some more photos or a link to photos of this mod.
Please.

#37: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm
    —
you will let us know when mooxe works his magic then......... Very Happy

#38: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: slipper PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 pm
    —
Any news on an update and an installer for INSIS please?

Been a bit quiet lately.

regards

slipper

#39: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:51 pm
    —
changing things just to test Wink  all bridges removed South and North bridge VL just 200p bridge Vl flag Wink added connection between Arnhem Rail Bridge and Arnhem Bridge (thougt Frost was running for the Road Bridge without crossing through West Arnhem)

#40: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 am
    —
did mooxe build an installer??

#41: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm
    —
No. Gunsche wanted to make some graphics for the installer first. Waiting on that.

#42: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 pm
    —
Sorry fellas, kinda lost all steam this month. That was very unfortunate as I wanted to release an update to the mod with mooxe's installer on the 17th.

Hectic at work, busy during weekends yada, yada, yada.
You know the drill  Wink

I intend to give mooxe the updated files this week so he can make that awesome installer of his  Very Happy

Will post list of changes later today.

Thank you all for your patience  Cool

#43: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm
    —
First off, Sapa:
Adding a connection between rail bridge and road bridge is logic as Frost stuck to the riverfront, avoiding the at the moment recently established blocking line.
Will add that road connection  Wink

The change log so far:
-Vickers MMG sound volume increased, was far too low in comparison with other MGs

-Elst Approach Static BG removed. Didn't serve much of a purpose except just giving KG Gräbner a free StuG IIIG.

-Recycle Disbanded BGs turned on in the Campaign.txt file. Forgot to turn it on before for some reason.

-107PzB starts in Gemert, at least giving the allied player some notice and giving the german player the option to attack elsewhere.

-Briefing videos enabled for campaigns. To get this to work I had to rename all campaign files to the original.

-Minor changes to buttons in BG screen. Some were to large etc, etc.

-Multiplayer screen changed back to original to work with Game Ranger.

- Arnhem Road bridge BTD fixed, had "secret" road connection.

-Renkum Heath LZ-X BTD fixed, had "secret" road connection.

-Mortar efectiveness toned down. My impression were that they were far to powerfull. Let's try it again  Wink

-XXXth Corps starts in Aalst 0900hrs on the 18th due to all airsupport grounded by fog until then.

-KGr Gräbner moved to Elst Approach in order to do his infamous failed dash across the Arnhem road bridge on the morning of the 18th.

-1x Flak 38 removed from Arnhem Rail Bridge, the allied player should have a chance to capture the bridge intact.

-Ammo for mortars and MGs adjusted. Some had too much ammunition while others had to little.

-Ingame bipod LMG BAR graphics changed, was MG.08/15

-Valburg - Elst Approach road arrow corrected, the arrowas had opposite directions.

-AEC Mk III Turret aligment corrected, turret was offset to the left of the body

-Twin 20mm Oerlikon burst ammo usage lowered from 10 to 6 and HE shells made to be as effective as other 20mm weapons.

-Old Valkenswaard map changed to smaller Valkenswaard map ( made by schrecken) for smoother gameplay vs AI.
Thanks Sapa for the suggestion  Wink

-BGroups corrections, concistensy and correction issues.

-GETeams corrections, concistensy and correction issues.

-Ammo count for Para Sten guns increased due to Para bandoilers (7 mags instead of 5)

-Sperrverband Harzer renamed Kampfgruppe Gerhard

-Fixed KG Gerhard force pool to be more historical.

-Added LW 8.5cm FlaK (r), a captured soviet 85mm AA gun pressed into german service. It was found in one of the AA batteries sent from KG von Svoboda to help KG Gerhard.

-Captured Vickers and Hotchkiss for KM Infantry. According to a strenght report from KG Gerhard on the 24th, Schiffsturm Abteilung 14 had these MGs.

-Heavy Tank Company Hummel: Corrected the attachments of Tiger Is to Arnhem KGs
2 Tiger Is to KGr Brinkmann late 19/09
All Tiger Is removed early 20/09
7 Tiger Is attached to KGr Knaust early 20/09

That's it for now. Can't think of anything right now that needs to be done except those damn unit pics for the germans!  Evil or Very Mad

Will send the filed to mooxe as soon as I can.

8,5cm FlaKr.JPG
 Description:
8.5cm FlaK(r) in action.
 Filesize:  7.74 KB
 Viewed:  18023 Time(s)

8,5cm FlaKr.JPG

#44: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm
    —
Quote:
First off, Sapa:
Adding a connection between rail bridge and road bridge is logic as Frost stuck to the riverfront, avoiding the at the moment recently established blocking line.
Will add that road connection  

I just checked West Arnhem map and saw that the riverbank runs just at the bottom of the map. Now Im at the conclusion that skipping this part would be unlogical. I'll just leave things the way theya re for the moment.  Confused

However, im curious about the results of your changes for the bridge VLs.  Wink

#45: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: slipper PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 am
    —
Gunsche

I have just started a campaign with this mod mate still on day one, i have played about 8 battles so far and must say i am really enjoying it, the AI is making me pay to take any ground. However i have noticed one thing, which i do not suppose is down to your mod in particular but more to do with the base game.

All except one battle have been attacks by me so far (playing as Allies), the one battle however where the Germans attacked proved to be a bit of a dissapointment though. I am not sure what map it was now, but it was an American landing ground onto which the Germans attacked from a relativley small deployment area.

The AI did not handle it at all well, they kept trying to attack one victory location only and just kept coming across an open field in small groups, i think i only used two squads in total to deal with the attack. Looking at the German roster after the battle (which ended in a morale failiure for the Axis) they had a good strength battlegroup and should have made me pay more.

I know there are problems with the base game and AI attacking routines, but is there anything that may be altered in any files to make the AI attack better? Wether more agressivley or at least attack more than one victory location and/or use their resources better?

regards

slipper

#46: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 pm
    —
slipper, glad to hear the AI is giving you an hard time  Wink
I think the german attack is at Son Heath as they arrive late evening, I'll check their deployment area and see if something can be done.
As for the AI making poor attacks; thats as you say, pretty much they way it has always been in CC.  Crying or Very sad
Not sure what I can do to improve it.

#47: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 am
    —
Hello,
So I'm finally looking to install this next week but I'm unsure of the steps I need to take.
I have all 3 files....

INSIS_BETA.rar
INSIS_MAPACK_BETA.rar
Update_1_and_installer.rar

What is the correct install order?

Thank-You

#48: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 am
    —
Acctualy, the update is just there so mooxe can make an installer with the latest files, but it's easy to do an manual instalation.
First get the Beta rar and put everything in your LSA folder, then get the map-pack and put it in the INSIS folder.
Finally get the Update_1_and_installer.rar and put it's files in the correct place, replacing the old files.

#49: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: slipper PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:20 pm
    —
Thanks for taking a look Gunsche, just had a similar experience although with different results.

03.00 battle St Odenrode 18th Sept, i hold the map the Germans attack from the left hand side. I intentionally pulled back to just defend the bridges, the AI made a small probe right down the main street then not much at all.

I sent a recon team out to see what was happening and found them all pretty well where they started, by the end of the game i think they took 2 VL's which were very close to them and i was not defending, but hadn't made any effort to attack anything in strength.

What decides how and where the AI attacks? do they always do the same thing? They could have taken most of the map easily as i was not even defending it. I realise the limitations of the game but is there any way to get a better attack routine from the AI?

Not a criticism of your mod mate in anyway, having some really enjoyable attacking games, but most of the defending games turn out to be pretty flat unless you actually take the game to the AI.

cheers mate

slipper

p.s if i add the update to an already existing game will it mean i have to start a new campaign?

#50: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:51 pm
    —
It's always recomended that you delete any old saves and restart the campaign, especially now since there are a few campain.txt, maps and stratmap changes.

As for the AI being "dormant" some players report that the AI perform better on smal maps.
Maybe adding main objectives for the enemy will make them move, in other words making victory location worth 200 points on the map, changing their stats to Primary objective?

Quote:
Not a criticism of your mod mate in anyway, having some really enjoyable attacking games, but most of the defending games turn out to be pretty flat unless you actually take the game to the AI.

Hey, I get how you feel.
Glad that you enjoy the attacks  Wink

#51: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: slipper PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 pm
    —
Thanks again mate for your reply.

Quote:
Maybe adding main objectives for the enemy will make them move, in other words making victory location worth 200 points on the map, changing their stats to Primary objective?

Is that something i could do? Is it straightforward or will it cause problems with campaigns etc? What i mean i suppose is if just the settings you refer to are changed would everything else play as it is supposed to, just with the AI a little better at attacking?

Also is that the only setting that affects where the AI attacks, they just head for the VL with highest value? Would they attack two if they had the same value? What if somehow the VL values were randomized every turn would that help?

cheers again

slipper

#52: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 am
    —
You could check the BG vs BG default plan in campaign.txt or the commander stats in BGroups as those settings can impact how agressive/defensive a BG will be.

#53: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:46 am
    —
I have been trying to make the AI attack for years  Sad

There are some things to do: Data/Base/Battlegroups should if i recalls right be put on aggresive and "keeping NO reservs". In CC5 (i dont know about the latest games) you could try to change an Important VL flag to 200 p but it doesent always helps...smaller maps is much better (the latest releases has gone to bigger and bigger maps and smaller units)

And then you have the Veteran way..code the infantry as vehicles and get them slaugterd on the streets (i dont like it)

#54: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:14 am
    —
Quote:
I have been trying to make the AI attack for years  

ah c'mon, code infantry teams as recon vehicles or halftracks and they will attack towards VLs on any map no problem Smile.
cheat with weapons for AI in data and it will be unstoppable Wink

#55: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:15 am
    —
Quote:
And then you have the Veteran way..code the infantry as vehicles and get them slaugterd on the streets (i dont like it)

oops didn't see that Smile

#56: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: slipper PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm
    —
Thanks all for the replies, i had a look at some of the game files but it makes no real sense to me i must admit. I couldn't find victory locations referenced anywhere.

Out of curiosity would it be possible to add hidden victory locations to a map? Was thinking that hidden high value VL's may make the AI attack a certain spot or direction.

regards

slipper

#57: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 am
    —
you will let us know when mooxe works his magic with an installer....  Very Happy

#58: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 am
    —
The victory locations per map are defined in the maps directory in a file named for the map with a .btd extension (it is really just a plain text file).

#59: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:14 pm
    —
any news on mooxe and an installer???  Very Happy

#60: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:32 pm
    —
Yes.... I am pretty side tracked and a bit distant from the CC scene atm, however, I will do it....

#61: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 pm
    —
Great!  Very Happy

#62: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:27 am
    —
Any news?

#63: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:55 am
    —
i second that...any news on the installer?  Very Happy

#64: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:45 am
    —
Nothing new there yet, altough mooxe's last post:

Quote:
Yes.... I am pretty side tracked and a bit distant from the CC scene atm, however, I will do it....  

However there have been some small changes for the 2nd update:

-Son Heath DZ C Vl points increased to 200 to make the AI go on the offensive (tested it three times and saw the AI actually attacking with half it's force towards the DZ)

-BGroup.txt aggressiveness, caution, tactics changed for "commanders"

-Formation corrected for 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment (previously it belonged to XXX corps!)

-SdKfz 10/4 changed to SdKfz 10/5 (10/4 had FlaK 30, 10/5 has FlaK 38)

-Some map connections corrected on the editor stratmap

#65: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:06 pm
    —
thats great gunsche...hope he has the time to make an installer soon  Very Happy

#66: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:18 am
    —
Thank you Gunsche for the mod!

#67: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 am
    —
Gunsche,

Was finally playing the mod and noticed that its saved games are going into the LSA save directory.

In the INSIS_BETA file on the ftp the directory "\Games\saved" needs to be changed to "\Games\Save".

Another thing I have done in WAR/TLD/LSA to keep the game folder cleaner is put "Mod_" in front of the mods so they are easily identified and grouped together. A suggestion for you....

LSA\Mod_GJS
LSA\Mod_INSIS
LSA\Mod_Meuse

Update 2 I assume you haven't uploaded yet as I didn't see it on the ftp?

Also on the ftp there is vox.zip which looks to match the files already in the beta and update 1?

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

#68: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:21 am
    —
The single battle Aalst is crashing for me when I try to scroll down.

Wonder if it has to do with the cut down smaller map being used in place of the original sized map??? There was no updated Valknwrd.mmm in the mod maps directory.

Also note if you select the battle and then click the view map button the new smaller map is shown but the VL's are not in the correct location for the image.

Aalst View Map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.8 KB
 Viewed:  573 Time(s)

Aalst View Map.jpg

#69: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:29 am
    —
Quote:
In the INSIS_BETA file on the ftp the directory "\Games\saved" needs to be changed to "\Games\Save".

Wow, haven't even noticed that one. Thanks for pointing it out
The smaller Aalst map works fine at my computer so I must have forgotten one file in the update 1.

Let's see if I can put togheter a hotfix for it (along with the update 2 files).

Please ignore the Vox.rar, it has served it's purpose and has been removed   Cool
Still waiting for that installer, lads. Unfortunetly I hate to nagg at people   Wink

#70: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:42 am
    —
The missing file for the smaller Valkenswaard map is now available:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/Gunsche/
Juts put it in the mod's map folder, replacing the existing one.

#71: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:13 pm
    —
Still crashing on the Asalst map (Valknwrd) as update 1 also was the missing the new smaller .txt file.

Thanks for uploading the .mmm file!

#72: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:54 pm
    —
Text file up too now  Wink

#73: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 am
    —
has mooxe made an installer yet?

#74: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm
    —
Any update on this? Smile

#75: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 am
    —
I second that...any update? is there an installer?

#76: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:31 pm
    —
Hello again!
Yes! Some progress has been made!
For allies:
Humber Mk.IIIA unit pic added, was missing it's own graphics.

For axis:
-SdKfz 251/21 with triple 20mm aircraft cannons added to PzB 107. PzB 107 had a mix of 15mm and 20mm guns.
-AA Opel Truck armour decreased. Was quite dishearting to see the AA truck decimate the paras while my Vickers and Bren guns did NOTHING to even slow it down.
-More unit pics for the axis, still a lot to go, especially for the waffen-SS

General:
Some more wreck graphics changed.

Changed the time for some bridge demolitions, many of the timers are way to short to capture the bridges intact.
Veghel , Grave  and St.Oedenrode bridges have been changed to 15mins.

In the pipeline:
Sound.sfx:
Fix some sounds as they are too silent and some weapons have the wrong sound file.

Any comments on this or anything else that need to be changed?

Still no luck with the installer...

#77: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: dj PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 am
    —
Thank you Gunsche.  Maybe someone can help you make the auto-installer later as your mod is near completion.

#78: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:56 pm
    —
Made some changes to the Nijmegen and Nijmegen Bridge maps for historical reasons.

Nijmegen map = added trenches and foxholes in the Hunner Park. Here is were KGr Euling dug in in an attempt to stop the allies to reach the bridge.

Nijmegen Bridge = added a flaktower on the north end, alon with two large concrete vehicle barriers and barbedwire.

To the south I have added a stair on each side of the bridge to enable pedestrians access to the bridge. A guard hut and a wrecked and burned out wehrmacht buss has also been added in the south.

I have looked at period photos and maps of the battle and found these things, so I thought why the hell not?

Also:
Added FJ SdKfz 10/5 to KGr Hermann
Added Panther VG to KGr Hermann

Nijmegen Bridge.JPG
 Description:
Nijmegen Bridge
 Filesize:  114.56 KB
 Viewed:  529 Time(s)

Nijmegen Bridge.JPG

Nijmegen.JPG
 Description:
Nijmegen
 Filesize:  149.66 KB
 Viewed:  484 Time(s)

Nijmegen.JPG

#79: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm
    —
Very nice work! Very Happy

#80: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:47 pm
    —
Looking good!

#81: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:19 am
    —
it is looking good. an installer would be real good tho. I thought mooxe was going to help you / us out?

#82: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:33 am
    —
Its been awhile. I will make the auto installer in the next few days.

#83: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 am
    —
any luck with the autoinstaller mooxe? is gunshe still working on the mod?

#84: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: dj PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:16 am
    —
Yeah, forgot all about this mod.  Would love to get the auto-installer, thanks.

#85: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 am
    —
Yah I am working on it. Had a back injury that kept me off computer... better now tho.

#86: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:29 pm
    —
great news! when do you think that the mod will be out of beta?

#87: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:18 am
    —
That's up to the creator and I believe he has been out of the CC scene for awhile.

#88: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:16 pm
    —
Yupp thats true, been lurking here entire 2015.
Sort of lost all "go" due to "real life" stuff.

But Im slowing dragging myself back to INSIS!

This is what I have managed to do this year:

-Changed some sounds of Anti-tank and infantry guns.

-Static Unit in Aalst (FJR Hoffmann) has been reinforced to be able to resist XXX Corps better

-Static Unit in Eindhoven (KG Koeppler, FlaK unit from FlaK Brigade 18 + Tankhunter group from FJD Erdmann) has been reinforced.

-FJ Btl Ewald changed from regular to Ersatz Fallschirmjägers (Kampfgruppe formed from elements of FJ Training regiment 3)

-Raised/lowered morale and experience of some axis units

-Changed some axis team names to be more uniform.

Im wondering if I missed an LSA update while I was gone?

Also, wondering if it's possible to incorperate SchnelleMeyers explosions mod...

#89: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:43 pm
    —
really cool. i think its awsome that you are modding the orginal lsa campaign. i think it has a lot of potentilal. keep on going gunsche

#90: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:04 pm
    —
Here is the v1.00 installer.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/Gunsche/LSA_INSIS_v1.00_installer.zip

Gunsche I have included the update rar package and the Valknwrd mmm and txt files located on your FTP account.

#91: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 pm
    —
Hey Gunsche!

Great that you still work on this mod and that you will include the converted explosions.

Regarding the GtC explosion mod: - If you didn't do any changes to you Effects.azp file you can just switch the original file with the Effects file with the explosions.

#92: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 am
    —
Haha wonderful mooxe!  Very Happy

ScnelleMeyer, thanks! I'll try it right away.

#93: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:23 am
    —
Works like a charm!

Bloody Hell.JPG
 Description:
Bloody Hell
 Filesize:  318.05 KB
 Viewed:  13254 Time(s)

Bloody Hell.JPG

#94: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: dj PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 am
    —
Welcome back Gunsche, appreciate all your work on this mod!

#95: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: Berger PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm
    —
Bug: the Germans can blow the bridges even after the allied troops captured them.

#96: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Author: benvandumpelen PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 pm
    —
I like playing this mod, thanks a lot, hope it works H2H (because that is so much extra fun Smile ). To be honest I stumbled on this mod accidentally, searching on anything about the amount of panzerfausts in the regular CC LSA german units. I missed them, most units do not have fausts. In my  memory in CC2 the reserve german troops (i think 4 man, all just a k98, one mp40?) had even 2 panzerfausts, what made them an interesting choice option, even though they are for other purposes of almost no combat value (panick quickly). Anyway, missed the fausts, an I thoght that there was maybe a historical reason for that (low supply of fausts? In these specific troops?), and LSA I think also mainly fields de panzerfaust 30?

Either way, I think it is more fun if there are a lot of fausts around, and I saw also the allies in this INSIS mod having a much wider range of special grenades. The gammon bomb is AT, any explanation on the other types (besides regular grenades)? Are they all for AT?

And I was just curious what were the thoughts behind the fausts in this mod Smile Okay, this thread is years old, but who know, maybe somebody replies Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1