Vietnam (A Shau Valley) Mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Vietnam (A Shau Valley) Mod Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 pm
    —
One does one do on a 9 hour flight between Tokyo and San Francisco?  Well, you start to play your mod but realize you are really disappointed with some of your graphic models, specifically, your helicopters.  So, you spend the remainder of the flight making them as realistic as possible.  And before you know you it, you are home and posting your re-made graphics to Close Combat Series website!  Enjoy.

#2: Re: Vietnam (A Shau Valley) Mod Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:26 pm
    —
Wow, such dedication! Looks really nice. One thing: Do the Vietnamese troops possess the necessary arsenal to down these helicopters in your mod (rockets etc.)? How susceptible they are to small arms fire?

I wish we could have rotor animations and exploding/crashing animations, but I guess that's all we have with current CC engine.

Thanks a lot for your efforts. Looking forward to the mod!

#3: Re: Vietnam (A Shau Valley) Mod Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise,
Oh, yes!  The NVA/VC possess the weapons (rockets, rpgs, DShK, KPVT hmgs) to bring down the helos.  Too many times I have gotten cocky with my "air superiority" and I have paid for it!  The only aircraft they have not been able to touch, though, this is the gunships.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1