SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:32 am
    —
When I try to pack a folder with .wavs using SFXPack I get the error "C++ Exception" any ideas what it might be? I searched the forum but was unable to find anything related.

When I try to pack it again after the error message I get a new one saying "Cannot create file C:/out.sfx"

#2: Re: SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 am
    —
Sometimes "unable to create" error messages are due to Windows7+ security features. The application may very well be unable to create a file because it does not have write permissions. Try administrator mode.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:22 am
    —
Works perfectly now, thank you!

#4: Re: SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:17 pm
    —
New error occurred....I can repack a folder with .wav files without error messages now, but they don't work ingame. The original files work, but the new ones I tried to add are just a short clicking sound. I examined the .sfx file and found that the new files are just 90 byte in size, containing only the short click. Old ones are still ok though. The files I tried to add are voice files from Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin, and I edited them to be 32 bit 22000hz like the stock CC5 voice files. Anyone else had this before?

#5: Re: SFX Packer "C++ Exception" error Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 pm
    —
Still not able to get it working, 90 byte error doesn't let go...anyone else who has had no problems before who want to give it a try?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1