Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:28 pm
    —
Hi everyone !
I'm new here with a registered account, but I've read the forums for a long time !

I got an issue with the multiplayer using TLD, with the Meuse mod. I wanted to play with a friend today but we couldn't find each other game with the TCP/UDP method via the multiplayer menu. We opened the ports as I read on the forums (2300-2400, 6073 and 47624) but still we can't find each other.
We tried via GameRanger but it doesn't support the Meuse mod...

Do you have any idea how to proceed ??  Confused

To conclude I just wanted to thank the Meuse mod team for their work. It's extraordinary to play this campaign in this magnificient game. It was made with a lot of respect and historical accuracy, and as a young french guy with a passion for History, I enjoy it very much ! And as I saw the updated Dinant map today, I'm impressed by the longevity of this project !  Razz

Have a nice week-end everyone !

#2: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 pm
    —
Your ports are still closed if direct connection wont work. If they are open, then its possible that there's too many hops between you and your opponent but thats extremely rare. Keep working on the port issue.

#3: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:17 pm
    —
Thanks for your reply !
May be we aren't doing this right.

So we both created the following NAT/PAT rules in our router settings :
Internal port : 6073 - External port : 6073 - Protocol : TCP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X;
Internal port : 47624 - External port : 47624 - Protocol : TCP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X ;
Internal port : 2300 - External port : 2400 - Protocol : Both TCP and UDP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X;

Our firewalls weren't active, neither was the Windows one.
Did we miss something ?  Confused

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !! Smile

#4: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:51 pm
    —
You could try using Hamachi. It usually solves all the firewall, port etc. related issues. Google it and download the software. You may need to prioritize it in the network adapters options (assuming you are using Windows OS).

You connect with each other again using TCP/IP, however your Hamachi IP needs to appear at CC multiplayer hosting screen. Then the person who joins enters this IP.

I hope it helps.

(CCS used to have a Hamachi "how to" section, iirc. Perhaps you can search the forums for more info, or ask Mooxe to redirect you there.)

#5: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm
    —
Ports 2300-2400 is a range. Not two individual ports. That may be where you are going wrong.

#6: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:47 pm
    —
Thank you Pzt_Crackwise and mooxe, it worked perfectly ! I used Hamachi in a first try and we succeeded to play against each other ! Smile

#7: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm
    —
Good to hear!

#8: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 pm
    —
Flyingkiki - Good to hear people are still playing the mod!

Pzt_Crackwise and Mooxe - thanks for helping him to get the mod working for H2H!

#9: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 am
    —
It was a pleasure to play this mod against the AI, but even more now again a real human brained strategist ! Very Happy

We had some issues with the gamr though, several times the game crashed with this horrible Windows error message : "CCE.exe has stopped working". Each time it seemed to us that the crash occured when the morale of one side broke down, and instead of getting to the debriefing menu and having our game saved, the game crashed to desktop and the error message appeared. And sadly the battle isn't saved.  Confused

Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue ?

#10: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm
    —
Flyingkiki, happy to hear the whole thing worked out well for you guys : )

That crash is a typical Close Combat multiplayer "end of battle" crash. As far as I know there is no 100% solution for that. Some people say it is a better idea to agree to truce before the battle timer hits 1:00.

Some say going after each battle to the main screen and then loading the game from the saved games also tends to decrease crashes.

I don't know any other method, perhaps others could also share their view on this issue. Try doing these and perhaps the frequency of the crashes will decrease.

Cheers!

#11: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 pm
    —
Thanks for your answer !  Very Happy

I was afraid of that, but strangely the frequency of the crashes is random, didn't happen two days ago and yesterday that was for each battle ^^'
We'll try these voodoo magic tricks and I'll let you know ! Razz

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1