Port to TLD / WAR?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

#1: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm
    —
I can't remember, but isn't Karelia the same as the old CC5 'Winter War' mod?

It was one of my favorites...early Soviet army vs tough Finns.

#2: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 am
    —
There are actually 4 different Finland/Russia mods;
CC3 = Winter War by Moloch/Luer
CC4 = Winter War by Moloch/Luer
CC5 = Winter War by Eddie/Kartboy and Karelia by Sapa

#3: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 am
    —
Winter War for CC5 by Eddie/Kartboy was the one....if I have time I may do it myself.

#4: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 pm
    —
Karelia is set in 1944, spring-summer russian offensive.

#5: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm
    —
Yes, I prefer the early-war Soviets to late-war. Much more challenging with unreliable equipment and shitty vehicles.  Smile

#6: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 pm
    —
Winter War is a great mod for CC5 in my opinion. The problem is, is that if you defend as the Finns, the first mission of the GC is easy. And, I played on Normal against Recruit. because I was in confident.

#7: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 pm
    —
I never got the AI to attack me in Winter War while I played as the Finns, but in Karelia they were very challenging.

#8: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 pm
    —
Wasn't Winter War originally done for CCIV?

#9: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:49 am
    —
Finland v Russia in a no holds barred clash.
Luer's modification of CloseCombat III covering the Finno-Soviet conflict from 39 to 44.
All Germans removed from the game and replaced by Finnish units.
The Russian teams were completely reworked, with correct translations and new teams like NKVD Border Guards and Morskaya Pekhota units.
A new Grand Campaign was added as well.

#10: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:49 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Wasn't Winter War originally done for CCIV?

Yes

#11: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: FKri PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:53 pm
    —
There is any hope in the future for Karelia/Tali-Ihantala mod for TLD?

#12: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:51 am
    —
If I can gain access to the Winter War maps that SL did, I will try to port them to TLD or LSA.

#13: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:51 pm
    —
[quote="Uberdave";p="89456"]If I can gain access to the Winter War maps that SL did, I will try to port them to TLD or LSA.[/quote]

Even in the north there was no snow in Karelia summer of 1944 Very Happy

#14: Re: Port to TLD / WAR? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 pm
    —
I'm referring to the 1939-1940 conflict.    Cool

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1