LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:22 am
    —
I think not being able to make maps is a disadvantage.  So...

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Thanks for creating this guide DAK!

Has anyone ever thought of making a battle of Narvik mod?

Could be cool:
German side:
Kriegsmarine soldiers from sunken ships as infantry
Gebirgsjager
Fallschirmjager

Allied side:
British forces
Polish alpine forces
Norwegian forces
French alpine forces and foreign legion too I believe

Its a good idea to use already existing maps.

Obviously it would need to cover the land battle. Even if it needs to be hypothetical.

#22: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 am
    —
Since new maps are not an option I would think you would need to do a conversion or eastern front mod (since there are a lot of maps available from CC3 and mods)....

#23: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: Range10 PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:29 am
    —
Early Blitzkrieg series - Invasion of Poland, Invasion of France, hypothetical Operation Sea Lion

#24: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am
    —
Yes, 50's korean mod would be interesting, I would love to see m2 carbine full auto against ppsh-41. Besides, I would also like to see british against japan, say a malaya campaign...

#25: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:33 am
    —
Kokoda Track
1 small battle groups...  easily worn down
2 infantry only (mostly)
3 small maps high AI aggression
4 fits a small strat map
5 a thrust and parry battle for both sides

#26: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 am
    —
If squad_leader done your data base would be great;)

#27: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:51 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Kokoda Track
2 infantry only (mostly)
4 fits a small strat map

+1 it would be a very small scale battle, lots of cover and some small villages to hold/capture

#28: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:22 am
    —
Kokoda Track
2 infantry only (mostly)
4 fits a small strat map

Are there maps for it?

#29: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: Range10 PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:07 am
    —
Besides, I would also like to see british against japan, say a malaya campaign...

Excellent idea. Also, Crete and others where good soldiers were lost because of bad leadership. CC could become a great platform for serious alternate history buffs.

Percival's failures are legend. "British Prime Minister Winston Churchill called the ignominious fall of Singapore to the Japanese the "worst disaster" and "largest capitulation" in British military history"

I'd bet that everyone on this forum could have done a better job.

#30: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:50 pm
    —
Even it was just a demo, Surabaya mod was great in terms of weapon variety, theater location and street battle map. Too bad, never came out in full version.

#31: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: franciszek PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm
    —
hI

Can I suggest something from Eastern Front

Budapest 1945 German 6 SS Panzer Armee counterattack

1945 Sonnenwende German counterattack

or Bagration 1944 Russian offensive Smile

#32: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:47 am
    —
another idea is operation arctic foxhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Arctic_Fox

-small forces 4-5 Divs a side
-limited armour and light armour
-armour defeating terrain - swamps etc

though to be honest you'd need to find out if Steve was right and PitF can accept more than 36 maps

#33: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:10 am
    —
It is a real hunger for me, there is no Falkland 1982 mod...Sad

#34: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:22 am
    —

though to be honest you'd need to find out if Steve was right and PitF can accept more than 36 maps

Why? Is it possible that the last two versiond Pitf and Gtc are limited in the number of maps? Was it not 64?

#35: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:45 am
    —
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
It is a real hunger for me, there is no Falkland 1982 mod...Sad

Falklands would be good.

#36: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 am
    —
As mentioned by other, a conversion and update of der Kessel mods of PzJager would be awesome! It has wonderful maps, my favorite maps in all the CC mods so far.

#37: Re: LOOKING FOR MOD IDEAS FOR PITF AND/OR GTC Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 am
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):

Why? Is it possible that the last two versiond Pitf and Gtc are limited in the number of maps? Was it not 64?

As far as I'm aware they should be able to take 64 but thats unproven and untested

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2