Arty and Mortar abs
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Arty and Mortar abs Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:02 pm
    —
In the more recent versions of cc (playing GTC) I've noticed that you cant change the effectiveness of the off board support fire by simple changing the penetration and radius values. This worked on the QClone games in the past. Any ideas anyone?

#2: Re: Arty and Mortar abs Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:31 pm
    —
Iwould be surprised if you can't as the offboard fire support is linked to a weapons file.

#3: Re: Arty and Mortar abs Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm
    —
I've upped the numbers under penetration and blast in the weapons file, in the older games this had an immediate effect, but not on GtC or PitF. Used to get massive naval bombardments in Invasion Normandy by changing those settings.

#4: Re: Arty and Mortar abs Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:00 am
    —
I am pretty sure it does work having played a mod whose value for blast rating is increased. This is probably the most important field for indirect HE, which is noticeably more lethal than the stock game. Penetration is not going to do too much except if it is a direct hit although I guess it assists when a building is hit to penetrate the building. Increasing the blast radius will also increase the effect of a bombardment by increasing the area over which each blast occurs.

#5: Re: Arty and Mortar abs Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 am
    —
I just tested it out and it definitely works.

#6: Re: Arty and Mortar abs Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:12 pm
    —
As well as the penetration and blast entries I had to adjust the calibre size. this has helped.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1