A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#21: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm
    —
Very nice graphics! I always like seeing the distinct colored uniforms in mods...

I do not know you already have this site, but looks really interesting, for the uniform colors maybe...

http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/ww1-turkish-rank-insignia/

#22: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 am
    —
ke_michial...that's the website I was using.  Thanks!

#23: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:44 am
    —
The French

#24: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Hexagon PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:50 pm
    —
Great job, as suggestion... maybe you can center in august battles, you can use many maps from Caen or other CC mods/titles (maybe cut them to have smaller maps)  with less need of trenches with bigger squads and more simple armament.

But any WWI is wellcome.

#25: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:47 pm
    —
Did they really wear purple trousers? lol French fashion I guess.  Very Happy

#26: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:15 pm
    —
It is a nice surprise you add tanks. Will you also add german A7V?
It would also be awesome if you could add some trucks, for example ambulance, transport and aa gun mounted, which could also be used against tanks (I watched in a documentary, germans used a truck mounted gun against an approaching tank and destroyed it).

#27: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:34 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise...the French wore Blue Overcoats and Red Trousers; or Blue on Blue.  I am still working on the color matches in the Uniform.txt.

ke_michieal...I actually have A7V tanks, Mack and Berna trucks (but no ambulances yet).  I am also working on the truck mounted gun as you suggested.  I am not quite satisfied with the it looks, though. I also have an Earhardt Armored Car.  Check out the picture....

#28: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:36 pm
    —
Nice work! wish success...

#29: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:45 pm
    —
Very Impressive!

I too find odd the French uniform, I'm not too familiar with WW1 but I always pictured the French uniforms as bluish/gray for some reason.

Looks like you've got the hang on Pitf/gtc modding Bel, always innovating and with much attention to detail.

#30: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:33 pm
    —
Here is what I found in my research, Pzt_Kanov.  Also, there was one battle that made the French decide the red was a bad idea, but I can't remember which one.  After that particular battle they switched to the blue/gray.

#31: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:04 am
    —
Early WW1 uniforms were often a hold over from Imperial 19th century days where pomp an ceremony were just as important as fighting ability. WW1 changed everything about war and introduced the concepts of camoflage and actually staying alive to see out the battle.
They didnt even use helmets at the start of the war, often they had hats with large feathers on top for decoration!

#32: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:47 pm
    —
No Man's Land...finished the first map.

#33: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:37 pm
    —
Austrian-Hungarian Ranks (Infantry)

#34: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:47 pm
    —
Horse drawn artillery, since this was more common.

#35: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:24 am
    —
Austrian-Hungarian Troops with horse-drawn artillery.  Based on illustrations, the K.u.K. Forces, early on, wore the traditional blue on blue uniform.

#36: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:54 pm
    —
Will you add scottish troops with bonnet and kilt? It would be super cool and motley...

#37: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 pm
    —
not sure I can figure out how to do plaid!

#38: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:08 am
    —
Scots Highlanders...how is this?

#39: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 am
    —
lol, cool.
Besides, I would say, the most prominent distinction could be the black bonnet. I am not sure if it was only the officers, but this photo shows highlanders with only bonnet and pants.

[img]https://undereveryleaf.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/ww1-ch.jpg?w=660[/img]

#40: Re: A Step Back in Time or The Guns of August Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:10 pm
    —
Pants = trews Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3