Need your thoughts for Guns of August
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:30 am
    —
Since in the beginning of World War I Cavalry units were an integral part of the army, what do you think of my Cavalry units.  Be honest, does it work or not?

#2: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:23 am
    —
Cool! Are they like vehicles (mountable)? Can you charge with them with swords and lances in your guys' hands? Razz

#3: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:11 pm
    —
I remember bersaglieri motorcycles from Afrika 40 mod. So it is plausible to me and nice of course... Excellent idea...

#4: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:00 pm
    —
Great work;)

#5: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:41 pm
    —
thanks for the input Pzt_crackwise, ke_michial and as always, DAK_Legion!  No charges, sorry, guys....I coded them low in armor so they are easily picked off. Right now I am using them as advance or flanking guards.  The only issue I have right now is though I coded them as "AFV" they do not like going into woods, so gotta figure that out.  Also, I can't remember who asked, but I have put Model T ambulances into the game and am working on a horse drawn ambulance as well.  I'll post when I get a chance.  My modding will slow down again, however, since I am starting a computer science course.

again thanks for the encouragement!

#6: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 am
    —
Shit, didn't think this would be possible. Well done. Probably need to play the mod, or see a video demonstration or a review to judge how good they are.
Thanks for the work.

#7: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Hexagon PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:15 pm
    —
Maybe use mounted units as scouts??? and dismounted in smaller squads as regular infantry.

They could be the scout class in the mod because motor vehicles on this role were not normal in early stages and armored cars were very limited in numbers.

#8: Re: Need your thoughts for Guns of August Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 am
    —
Hexagon, that is how I am using them.  I made them mountable, too.  The "armor" is easily destroyed, so I have my men armed with carbines.  As soon I see the enemy, or come under fire, I dismount and send the "horses" as far away as I can.

here is my TO&E

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1