A quick battle
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Ortona 1943

#1: A quick battle Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am
    —
I wanted to give it the new release a shot and I picked a random single battle.

Canadian defending vs. Germans Attacking:
I positioned the teams.  tank 1 covers the paved road to the north. But, since it is placed on a hedgerow it starts the game immobilized. Tank 2 slightly to the east, is covering the buildings. 1 Bren team and a command team is defending the most west VL.

Germans start attacking, After capturing the VL to the north, they try to infiltrate mainly from two locations. Around the houses and trees to the south. A 3 inch mortar team opens fire on the germans sneaking around the trees. But germans respond with mortars on my mortar team! I rush the asslt section and rifle team forward, they start engaging enemy. By the way, A marder moves forward towards the first captured VL and house. Tank 2 catches Marder from the opening in the hedgerow and gets it, just like he machinegunned an enemy team before.

I actually liked AI. It pushed along a line. Not single point and did not feel inactive.

1.jpg
 Description:
Initial Assault
 Filesize:  630.47 KB
 Viewed:  661 Time(s)

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
Burning Marder
 Filesize:  637.36 KB
 Viewed:  600 Time(s)

2.jpg

#2: Re: A quick battle Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:24 pm
    —
Thanks for sharing ke_mechial. Playing on maps this size I came to realize that CC is better on small maps. The AI does seem more lively and attacks the victory locations more aggressively. Less VL's on a map also helps a lot. The difference between small and big maps becomes also evident in this mod.

#3: Re: A quick battle Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:52 am
    —
Definitely, I think that is the only way the AI works properly is to use the small maps.  Do you guys recommend running CC5 in compatibility mode for Windows 98 or?   I can't get CC5 working right on Windows 7 always crashes.

#4: Re: A quick battle Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:49 pm
    —
To tell you the truth dj I am not using a compatibilty mode. I have never had any issues installing CC 5 on my Windows Vista or 7 systems but I did with CC4 which I then installed with administrator rights.

#5: Re: A quick battle Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:48 am
    —
I've been playing a longer campaign with the Canadians. Has been interesting, the Germans fight back and manage to inflict losses. The tank battles are fun, in trying to flank the enemy tanks etc. German paratroopers are tough.

#6: Re: A quick battle Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:46 am
    —
I enjoyed the mod, the tanks really need to keep to the roads with all that mud.

#7: Re: A quick battle Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:39 pm
    —
My grand campaign as the Canadiens at the moment. Germans are able to take out my tanks pretty well. Still the same campaign I was playing months ago.  Smile

Ortona.jpg
 Description:
Ortona campaign so far as Canadiens.
 Filesize:  251.16 KB
 Viewed:  7850 Time(s)

Ortona.jpg

#8: Re: A quick battle Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 am
    —
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
My grand campaign as the Canadiens at the moment. Germans are able to take out my tanks pretty well. Still the same campaign I was playing months ago.  Smile

I see you have already taken out more German tanks than were historically present in the area  Smile

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Ortona 1943

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1