Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT gun
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT gun Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm
    —
Hello, i've been playing around with the 3.4 patch, and I was playing on the Polish Drop operation, and all of a sudden one of the Polish Rifle team was somehow carrying a 90mm anti-tank gun, and he blasted away a Sturmgrenadier team away in about 5 seconds, and this wasn't a one off thing as this happened in the battle after aswell, I've never seen this happen before I installed 3.4 but now nearly everytime I play as the Polish this happens, so i'm assuming this is a 3.4 patch related bug, heck i tested this on battlemaker and Polish Bren teams, Rifle teams, Ad Hoc Rifle teams carry these, but cmon thats unbalanced, give the British Bren teams a 280mm mortar from the Churchill AVRE to fit in there pocket atleast!, and give the German Schutzen teams a portable 105mm from the Jadgtiger! Very Happy

Last edited by CloseCombatRob on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish rifle teams carry a 90mm AT gun Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:46 am
    —
Ouch! I never tried to bother with that patch since it was never official.

#3: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: Homba PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 am
    —
No, it isn't a 90mm AT gun. It's only a picture associated with that weapon number in the mod. Since the 90mm AT gun does not appear in the game, the 3.x patch team (I was the lead) used it as the slot for the Rifle Grenade, which as you've noted the Polish forces are heavily equipped with (I believe they have 3 RGs each, I don't recall). Any rifleman will have them - even for example the Polish Vickers support crew (because they have rifles). There are odd soldiers in some other (non-Polish) units that have them, but not in the concentrations that the Polish do.

A solid volley of RGs can really mess up a squad. That's exactly what happened to your Sturm squad.

All of this is included in the detailed and comprehensive Readme, which I wrote and updated throughout the 3.x patch series. Almost certain a note is in there about the picture of the 90mm gun appearing when the men load RGs. It is a bit disconcerting, but we never fixed that picture.

The Readme is worth looking at, especially regarding the purpose of the patch. Check it out. The 3.x patch has no actual bugs per say. It was relentlessly used in close to thousands of games by the intense PvP community that lasted long years around CC2.

I log in here after many years and see this post. What a blast from the past :)

Greetings all,

Homba

Last edited by Homba on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: Homba PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:50 am
    —
Yes I remembered. Check the 3.3 notes section, items 17 & 18 for the full rundown on the rehabilitation of the RGs.

I'm attempting to attacht the Readme, which you can also find in the Base file of the patch itself.

(edit - cant seem to figure out how to attach a file)

#5: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:07 pm
    —
Oops my bad, just checked the patch notes now and yeah your right xD

#6: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: Boro_XXX PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm
    —
I am sorry for being stupid, but how to access the readme file?
Have no issues with it, was involved in making of it w Homba and others - had a memory tsunami after reading this.

#7: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: Boro_XXX PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:01 pm
    —
Forget it. Found it Very Happy

#8: Re: Bug on 3.4 patch, Polish infantry teams carry a 90mm AT Author: Homba PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:11 am
    —
Hey Boro! Good times!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1