Close Combat on Mac OsX???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Close Combat on Mac OsX??? Author: pwindsor PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:38 pm
    —
Long time addict of the close combat series, I have gotten my brother addicted to it and lost girlfriends for playing it.

Anyways, I just picked up an old Macbook that is running OsX 10.5. It's hard drive is too small to install a copy of windows on it and have room for games and everything else. Is there any way of playing Close Combat (ideally CC5, Longest Day, and the 2 newest ones) without having Windows on it? I've done some researching, but Mac is like Japanese to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2: Re: Close Combat on Mac OsX??? Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 pm
    —
Well Close Combat 1 and Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far are the only games compatible with mac, but i think that is for older macs with powerpc processors, you say "old", if your macbook has classic app support, it may work, but if not your best bet is to install windows xp into vmware fusion

#3: Re: Close Combat on Mac OsX??? Author: pwindsor PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:53 am
    —
Will give that a try, thanx

#4: Re: Close Combat on Mac OsX??? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:45 am
    —
Your options are limited with "old" Mac that is PowerPC or prior to use of Intel chip based Macs.  I purchased Intel-based Mac for cheap a few years ago and made life a breeze.  If you get a new Mac, all you need is Bootcamp, copy of Windows and you can run CC natively.  I just have compatibility issues with the older games but all the re-releases work fine.

#5: Re: Close Combat on Mac OsX??? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:05 am
    —
Maybe the Big Bosses at Matrix will finally make a CC game for Mac OS outright.  Since CC2 was the best-selling in the entire series, seems like a no-brainer.  And Apple just posted the best 4th Quarter results in the entire History of American Business..unbelievable.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1