new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:26 am
    —
Hi all!!!
It is this idea possible to make??
Port the new explosions PITF/GTC to old CC's?

Thanks!!

#2: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 am
    —
Dont think you can use them as is, as the new graphics use transparency and stuff which are not read by the old cc's exes.

Maybe with some editing of the new explosion frames a new effect could be achieved.

#3: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:43 pm
    —
Did you have any luck with porting the explosions DAK?

#4: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 pm
    —
No comrade:(
Sorry

#5: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm
    —
Too bad.

I looked into it.

Problem is I cant get CCFX to work so I can repack FX files and test out the changes.

How can one repack FX files?

#6: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:08 pm
    —
I only know CCFx

#7: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 pm
    —
Could you explain me how to use it DAK ?

#8: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 pm
    —
Meyer, have you tried CCMunger? is posted over at the Pitf's mod forum.

It opens all the files of the game from pitf and GtC. I don't know if it can open the fx files of other CC's like CCMT or TLD though. It can definetly open the .gdg and sound files since I've tried the tool on other games to open the files I mentioned.

#9: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:25 pm
    —
In my experience CCMunger does not work on the older files - just PITF/GTC. - I have tried the fx files with it.

I can unpack the Effects files with CCSpriter - What I need to get my head around is how to Repack the TGAs into fx files.

Read the readme for CCFX tool about 57 times but there is something i dont do right.

#10: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:35 pm
    —
Finally got the CCFX working - Will investigate those GtC explosions now:)

#11: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 am
    —
Good luck comrade and do not forget the alpha channels;)

#12: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:18 pm
    —
There is progress - Kind of..

It seems the GTC explosion graphics has the Alpha channel reversed compared to the older titles.

I tried a few things... I reversed the Alpha channel mask in PS.. got some results but still get these wild colours on part of the explosion graphics

Anyone know what causes this? is it because the mask is not pure white in those parts of the graphic?

Best part.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.4 KB
 Viewed:  612 Time(s)

Best part.jpg

Phsyco colours.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.69 KB
 Viewed:  785 Time(s)

Phsyco colours.jpg

#13: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 pm
    —
Don't you have to get rid of that alpha mask?

#14: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm
    —
Nope, Graphics in Effects are 32bit with an alpha channel in old releases too.

They reversed the mask in GTC though.

I think the phsycedelic colours came because everything in the  RGB channel not covered by the alpha "mask" must be BLACK in the older versions.
I have much better results now than in the pictures in my previous post, so it is definately doable to convert the GTC explosion graphics.

#15: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm
    —
Success!

Explosions from GtC in CCMT !

I dont think you can have as many variants of each size as in GtC though. In CCMT there are exp20, 30, 30m, 40, 40m, 60 and 60m.
The GtC explosions are nice, but I think they have too much smoke in them.

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Artillery.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.93 KB
 Viewed:  567 Time(s)

Artillery.jpg

Mortars.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.02 KB
 Viewed:  539 Time(s)

Mortars.jpg

RW.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.71 KB
 Viewed:  506 Time(s)

RW.jpg

FW.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  205.26 KB
 Viewed:  519 Time(s)

FW.jpg

#16: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:58 am
    —
Holy shit dude, you're pretty good!

Thanks for this.

#17: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:09 am
    —
Thanks man - But its really just a little bit of tinkering and learning how to use photoshop:)

#18: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:47 am
    —
If you think the gtc have too much dust, the ones from pitf have somewhat more flash to it, although overall I think the gtc effects are better.

With your acquired knowledge coverting the effects, do you think the cc2 explosions could be improved (as to make them crispier) and used in cc3,4,5 etc?

Cheers.

#19: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:05 am
    —
BRAVO!!!!

Ithink that this Effects.azp isvalid for CC's

I change this effects.azp for an a mod;)

#20: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 am
    —
Wow! The things I like the most about GtC are the explosions and sounds. So this is an awesome thing what you have here! Smile

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 7