new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#121: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:40 pm
    —
Hey Hicks - As far as I know they are a function in the .exe - so its not possible to get to them unfortunately.
Never noticed any diference in tracers between the games  - What's the difference?

#122: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 am
    —
Its a different graphic and the tracer travels much faster.

#123: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 am
    —
I see - The new ones are probably better looking then.. - Will be next to impossible to locate in .exe I imagine.

#124: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:12 am
    —
I wouldn't say better. I'd just say different.

#125: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 am
    —
Thanks for the confirmation.

#126: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:30 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer hi,
can you please explain how you extracted and repacked the effects.azp ... what program, etc?
Thanks

#127: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 pm
    —
Sure I can Gamerat. You will have to wait a few days though... Will get back to you ASAP.

#128: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm
    —
Thanks ScnelleMeyer

#129: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 pm
    —
Ok, I got time for a quick write up from memory and some notes for CCFx. (This is for WAR,TLD and LSA. -For GtC or PITF use CCMunger for unpack/repack .Azp file)

1. Unpack .Azp with Rtb tool (v2.39) - You end up with a bunch of .fx files.
2. To extract and later repack the contents of a .fx file - use CplFilths "CCFx" program.
3. Repack to .Azp with Rtb tool.

Schnelle's notes on CCFX.zip
 Description:
CCFX notes in addition to Readme

Download
 Filename:  Schnelle's notes on CCFX.zip
 Filesize:  487 Bytes
 Downloaded:  338 Time(s)

#130: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm
    —
Thanks
got a few questions:

I was trying to move the Exp20 file from the original LSA effects.azp ...  into the GJS 8.0 effects.azp. Note: The effects.azp in GJS 8.0 is the same as the GtC one you made for LSA.
I unpacked both azp files with rtb, and did the swap of Exp20.
I repacked with rtb ... but when the game used the Exp20 explosion, the game tiles where the explosions hit had colored lines and then the game crashed.
Not sure what the issue is ... perhaps a problem with win10 and rtb?

Also, tried using CCFx, but got error with dos prompt not recognizing CCFX.
I used it a long time ago but can't remember how to get it to work.
You open dos prompt and then type what before entering the CCFX command?

Kind of frustrating, cause I remember using CCFX years ago for the Brecourt aerial map into CC3 project ... but can't remember the process and didn't keep notes. haha, close combat

#131: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 am
    —
First question: -You cant just swap the files, because data needs to be written to the FXData.fx file to account for the number of images etc.

- So the file to be swapped in needs to be unpacked with CCFX and then repacked as per my attached notes above:
"CCFX OG FX data has to be in the same FOLDER.
TGA's (32 bit with Alphachannel) to be packed is placed in a subfolder."

Second question: The way I do it in W7: Shift+Right click - Open command window.  - Then type the command. - NOTE: CCFX.exe, FXDATA.FX file and the .FX file to be UNPACKED must be in the same FOLDER.

It took me a good number of hours to figure out how to do this myself. - The CCFX readme was definately lacking some content...

#132: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm
    —
Thanks for explaining that ... appreciate it.

Makes sense what you say about the file swap and rtb.

As for CCFx, I tried "shift + right click" the exe ... that brings up a menu, then selected open.  A small dialogue box appears for an instant then disappears. So unfortunately, am unable to use the program. Maybe it's a problem with windows 8 and after.

Thanks though

#133: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:03 pm
    —
No problem GR, - Shift + Right click is not ON the .exe itself, but just in the free space inside the folder if that makes any sense?

- I am not sure about it, but Java might have to be installed to make CCFx work.

#134: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:39 pm
    —
dug around in some old CSO forum stuff and found info of how to start ccfx from the cmd prompt.
Just needed to type in "cd C:\fxedit" ... which opens the folder on my C drive where ccfx and fx stuff is located.

But now I get an error "The Microsoft virtual machine cannot be found Class not registered"

Anyone know how to get Microsoft virtual machine on Windows 10? I've downloaded and installed java but that didn't help.

#135: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:36 pm
    —
Cool! - I never knew about that command for CCFx.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
Page 7 of 7