Gun crew problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: Gun crew problem Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:42 pm
    —
Trying to use 8 soldiers with a gun in CCMT.

Problem is If they are not coded with the right "Soldier type" the game wont render them and game crashes when the gun is hit and explodes.
(This is apparent in the CC5 for CCMT mod by Senior Drill)

Using the standard soldier types for tanks I can get 7 guys rendered and working with no crashes.
with this setup for soldier types: 6, 20, 10, 11, 26, 26, 20.

I question is : What soldier type do I use for the last guy?

6 men rendered.jpg
 Description:
With 6 soldiers rendered and working using correct types.
 Filesize:  209.68 KB
 Viewed:  438 Time(s)

6 men rendered.jpg

2 men.jpg
 Description:
Game rendering just 2 soldiers by the gun.
 Filesize:  207.55 KB
 Viewed:  406 Time(s)

2 men.jpg

#2: Re: Gun crew problem Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:23 pm
    —
There is a magic number that the number of crew can't go beyond which if I remember correctly is 6. CCMT is pretty cranky as a program.

#3: Re: Gun crew problem Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:52 pm
    —
Thanks PW!

Yeah, its cranky - CCMT doesnt even like AT-crew being coded as "crew" type soldiers..

Guess I should consider myself lucky to have put 7 guys in there.

Did reach 8 guys without crashes by coding the last guy as 33-Prisoner...
It worked except he wont be able to use any personal weapons.. and he will always be MIA after a battle:)

#4: Re: Gun crew problem Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 pm
    —
I messed with it for a while and settled on 4. It only seems to look weird with the flak guns.

#5: Re: Gun crew problem Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 pm
    —
Yeah they look very crowded:)  But I just felt like trying to represent a larger crew on the larger guns.

I know that it is a definite limit of 7 soldiers on vehicles (It has been like that at least since CC2) and this applies to guns as well.

Im CCMT there is a definite way of coding the soldier types to make 7 guys be rendered and not causing crashes when the gun is hit.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1