Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:42 pm
    —
When I try to launch CC5 (with Ardennes installed in ConfigMan), I get the error: "The CC5 CD ROM was not detected"
When I hit the browse button, it just jumps out.
Have no problems with GJS-, Okinawa- and Ortona Mods.
Anyone knows the answer?

And the CD ROM is in,  Very Happy

#2: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:30 am
    —
do you run as administrator?

#3: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 am
    —
Yes of course, no problems with the other mods.

#4: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:01 pm
    —
I checked all maps, they are all there.
Tried a few more mods, have no problems at all.
But I still can't start the Ardennes offensive.

#5: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:30 pm
    —
This may help:

1: Make a backup of the CC5 folder (including the mod maps etc.
2: Delete the map files inside the maps folder.
3: Put the maps which are from the 'Downloads' section back into the maps folder ( if copied and pasted the map files )
3.5: If not, re-download the maps and do step 3

If this doesn't work, this may help: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101#3

#6: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:43 am
    —
Tx for the help, Rodmorg, but no luck.
And your second suggestion, I can't find anything there about my error message.

#7: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:01 pm
    —
Verify you have the correct cc5.exe installed. Sounds like its using its copy protection to see if the original CDROM is in. Memory is fading but I think most mods you do not need the CDROM in?

A second option is manually browsing to your CDROM before you start CC5. This will ensure the CD is "pre-recognized" before CC5 tries to find it.

#8: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:57 am
    —
Tx for the help Mooxe, but no luck so far.
Still the same error, even when starting from the CD-Rom.

But I had something strange happening when uninstalling GJS-mod.
After installing it back in the CfgMan I got an error with the Hill112S.btd.
After reinstalling the map in the map folder everything worked again.

Is this a  known error with GJS? (I saw in the downloads page of the individual maps of GJS that there are 2 maps with a golden star?)
Has this something to do with the other error in the Ardennes mod?

#9: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:18 pm
    —
How Comical is it that that Firefox WONT HELP you with the Very Mod he made.

I (Suppose) you have to register at HIS site and ask for Help as this isn't allowed to be  CC Community shared Mod.

#10: Re: Trouble with CC5 Ardennes Offensive Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:41 pm
    —
Why that?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1