CC5 Crashing
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 am
    —
Hi!

When playing CC5 the game stops. I hear the sound but the game has freezed, any ideas?

#2: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 am
    —
Need way more info mate. Keep trying.

#3: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:47 pm
    —
I´ve got Windows 8 and I have changed compatibility. The game freezes in midbattle. I can hear the sound as if the battle continues, but I cant accually do anything.http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=reply&t=10839

#4: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:26 pm
    —
I have no experience with windows 8. You may want to try changing the video settings within CC5, if that doesn't work, change settings in Windows. Like colour depth or resolution. It sounds like a video problem, so anything you can change video wise may get it working.

#5: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:53 pm
    —
Do you have any idea what to change in the video? I've tried to change in game, but that doesn't do it:/

#6: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:13 pm
    —
You can right click the icon and go to properties to change stuff...
And when you click into the game you can push CTRL ALT to bring options up, like turn off video... Turn video off.
WHat part of the game does it freeze?

#7: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 pm
    —
Sorry I started topic about the same issue.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Cannot change it with settings. I one time had the game come back after I waited a while, but normally you have to wait out the battle time to continue the campaign.
You totally lose control and game screen freezes. Sound continues.

It's graphic issue I believe.

#8: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm
    —
WilliamTheSilent, you described my problem exactly!

#9: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm
    —
Is that a positive  Very Happy
Now we need someone to help us.
I bet ye it has to do with Windows 8  Sad and no one has found the answer yet, because it's an old game.

Hopefully there is some computer wizard   Idea on the site.

#10: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm
    —
You say changing the compatibility, but to which? windows XP or 98? I recall XP had not worked by me then only with win98 on vista and on win7, you should at least change to win98. Worth checking.

#11: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 pm
    —
Windows 8 had put it on Windows XP service pack 3.
I put it on 98 and the original game seemed to work fine now. Also the Meuse Mod.

Good thinking. Thank you very much. I hope it stays.

#12: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 am
    —
I also have issues running CC5 on Windows 7, always crashes.  Tried Windows 98 and XP in compatibility mode , both crashed.   The only CC games I can get running properly on Windows 7 are the re-releases.

#13: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am
    —
@WilliamTheSilent: it is my pleasure to help...
@dj: A guy wants to play CC5 and he can't! I have Win7 Home Basic and this is my settings for CC5, I hope it helps:

settings.jpg
 Description:
My Settings
 Filesize:  72.69 KB
 Viewed:  592 Time(s)

settings.jpg

#14: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm
    —
ke_mechial: I`ve tried does settings that you sent in the picture. I'll give it a try and try win 98 mode. I've just got a feeling that wont work either:(

#15: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: Metalrules12 PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 am
    —
I've tried the game with windows 98 compatibility for a couple of hours, and so far it seems to work:)

#16: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:42 am
    —
I've been playing on Windows 98 and it didn't freeze anymore.

#17: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:37 pm
    —
I installed Ortano and now the freezing problem is back again for the mod.
Meuse and Stalingrad seem to work fine.
I guess I have to try to get an old XP computer to run all my old games  Sad .

#18: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: WilliamTheSilent PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:37 am
    —
Actually my Meuse and Stalingrad mods are working fine on CC5 with compatibility on Windows 98.

Why other Mods don't work I don't know.

#19: Re: CC5 Crashing Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 am
    —
WilliamTheSilent wrote (View Post):
I've been playing on Windows 98 and it didn't freeze anymore.

What size screen resolution are using for Windows 98?  Still freezes for me and runs like crap in Win98 cm.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1