Anything At All New On The Bloody First?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Bloody First

#1: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 pm
    —
Thinking back to this post

Allied stuff looking good, don't forget the priest tank!
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=8167

Axis stuff
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=8168

I don't even know if the screens are real or not for tbf.

Does anyone have a zoomed out level of axis equipment?
Or more screenshots? Someone should contact matrix for more sneak peek stuff.

#2: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 am
    —
Just throwing this out there...

You could sens a few PM's to a cpl of members here and ask, rather than post here, cause beta testers have to sign a waiver promising not to.. Well you know, since the fiasco with the WAR beta several years back.

I'll let you sit back and figure out who some of them could be, if they are the "usual" testers. Please don't ask me, I didn't volunteer for the 3d version this time. I'm done since they changed the format.

Werf

#3: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 am
    —
Or rather you could post here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1254 . Others have done that already and it seems there is no news to report. I have no idea if there is a playable beta out there.  
Thanks for sharing those images, had not seem them before.

#4: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 pm
    —
For the record, there will be more of 50 different guns and vehicles without count variants. By variant, you can think in the different sdkfz. Steve himself told about it some time ago.

#5: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm
    —
Nomada PMd. Not asking that if the beta testers have released material, but the "official released sneak peeks" were what I was talking about.

#6: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dynomite PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:27 am
    —
Looks good, hopefully this comes together!

#7: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:28 am
    —
dynomite wrote (View Post):

Are you the guy that made Okinawa?

#8: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dynomite PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:24 pm
    —
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):

That would be me Smile

#9: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:03 pm
    —
Holly shit.
Love that mod.  Huge fan.

... Aggh fix it Smile  Laughing

#10: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 am
    —
Been a while Dynomite, good to see you still checking things out here!

#11: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:43 am
    —
bumpa

#12: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:28 am
    —
Dead in the water?

#13: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:31 am
    —
According to matrix forums,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3835962

Steve has last told that it would be out this year. I do not know if developers or team follow up here or take our suggestions into consideration, but just some quick improvement ideas about the "hopefully" outcoming CC:

1) Shiny tracers like in Movie Fury, they could also be coded in different colors for different nations.

2) A separate newly created WP ammo, which can both cause smoke and personnel casualties by burning. (Actually they already implemented the right animation for smoke rounds (spreading out particles of smoke round when first hit) in GTC.) There is an "allegedly" WP option, but it is not noticable nor effective. Furthermore,there is proof in a book about the history of Sherman in WW2 that, it was common among crews they would sometimes fire WP rounds onto panzers, which could knock them out by igniting oil remains on the surface. At least, the crew could become suppressed. Even japs were able to knock down a tank by WP, which is mentioned in the after battle report of 713rd tank battalion in Okinawa. Please work and search a little about that..., it would make your game sell... Just see, How people in Wargaming and warthunder forums are impassioned about WP ammo. Think about that: Until "Saving Private Ryan" people were even not aware of tracers... then they loved it...

"It has been proven that WP has been invaluable as an offensive weapon."
ROBERT C. McCABE,
Lt. Col. 419th Armd FA Bn.
After Action Report

3) cannon recoil for guns. It should not be so hard to implement in 2015. I would like to see how muzzle of a panther or tiger moves back and forth...

#14: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 am
    —
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
3) cannon recoil for guns. It should not be so hard to implement in 2015. I would like to see how muzzle of a panther or tiger moves back and forth...

A most excellent idea. I was hoping they would do some work with the soldier animations. Perhaps each AI soldier could have an exaggerated index finger, so they could animate a FU gesture.  Idea

#15: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:41 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

A most excellent idea. I was hoping they would do some work with the soldier animations. Perhaps each AI soldier could have an exaggerated index finger, so they could animate a FU gesture.  Idea

The tanks in ww2 could always dampen the effect of the recoil by implementing thier track brakes every time they fired, if the main gun has bad recoil that is.

#16: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:15 am
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):

The tanks in ww2 could always dampen the effect of the recoil by implementing thier track brakes every time they fired, if the main gun has bad recoil that is.

lol dudes, no I meant the muzzle not the whole tank...Smile

#17: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:42 pm
    —
I do not know if developers or team follow up here or take our suggestions into consideration...

They don't.   Idea  

Can you imagine what a cluster fuck CC would be if they did?

#18: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:33 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
I do not know if developers or team follow up here or take our suggestions into consideration...

They don't.   Idea  

haha  Laughing

#19: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 am
    —
Even if some people see different or bad the new game, I believe how it will be great by one single reason, it is made as a CC game with a new and better engine. We have not seen more than 2 screenshots but we know by the answers from Steve how the game has been changed a lot, the UI and all the graphics are different, by this reason, all the previous screenshots are invalid.

About the game the last features told by Steve are these.

*Maximun 21 teams at same time per side.

*The 3D camera show a top-down view or an angled view. You can pan and zoom the camera freely, but there is no rotation.

*There will be night battles. Clearly it will be as other CC games and it will depend from the attack time.

*One Air and artillery attack per battle as maximun.

*We will be able to modify or create campaigns and operations. Clearly for people with modding skills.

*The grand campaign is lineal as CC3 but there will be alternative routes depending from your success in the battles. The game is very similar at concept to the old CC3.

For end, the game will be released this year. According to other Slitherine titles, they make a beta two or three months before the release. I suppose how with the end of the summer, we will see more about this game.

#20: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:52 pm
    —
I know that I am hoping TBF will be a great game. I think Matrix has finally arrived at the correct formula for a CC game.  Arrow

NO multiplayer, NO campaign, and NO add-on objects.  Laughing

#21: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:16 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

They don't.   Idea  

Now you got your chance to see for real what it would become if some one would listen to all of us with the "Tactical art of combat".

Part of me is hoping something really good will come out of it.

#22: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:52 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):

They don't.   Idea  

Now you got your chance to see for real what it would become if some one would listen to all of us with the "Tactical art of combat".

If we see it come out, TTAC will bring  "...The Tactical layer, will allow placement of defences, sandbags, digging in, mines etc....", as Sulla said. Well, at least that is what we were longing for.

#23: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38 am
    —
Now you got your chance to see for real what it would become if some one would listen to all of us with the "Tactical art of combat". Part of me is hoping something really good will come out of it.

Right, but this is just another way of saying the community at large is better than the developers. How many different ways have we heard that down through the years.

Despite how good the community modders are, I currently have no mods of ANY CC game title installed on my system. I have a few plugins I did for CCMT and that is it.

#24: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:51 am
    —
Yea but your very different.  Very Happy

#25: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:45 am
    —

Sulla never listen to the players, I do not see how now it goes to change......

However, if I was him or other, I would ignore to the players. Follow the player designs is the most crazy and useless way. The best is follow your heart.

#26: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:03 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Even if some people see different or bad the new game, I believe how it will be great by one single reason, it is made as a CC game with a new and better engine. We have not seen more than 2 screenshots but we know by the answers from Steve how the game has been changed a lot, the UI and all the graphics are different, by this reason, all the previous screenshots are invalid.

*The 3D camera show a top-down view or an angled view. You can pan and zoom the camera freely, but there is no rotation.

*There will be night battles. Clearly it will be as other CC games and it will depend from the attack time.

*We will be able to modify or create campaigns and operations. Clearly for people with modding skills.

*The grand campaign is lineal as CC3 but there will be alternative routes depending from your success in the battles. The game is very similar at concept to the old CC3.

For end, the game will be released this year. According to other Slitherine titles, they make a beta two or three months before the release. I suppose how with the end of the summer, we will see more about this game.

Hi Nomada,

I have no intent to offend you here, just wish to ask something with regards to WW2 games.

Have been keeping track (sort of) on what you are looking for in TBF and pretty much everything you are seeking in TBF has been around for over 10 years since the 1st Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord. Did you ever try that 3d game?

#27: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:43 pm
    —
I can not live without say this..........."you are the guy more stupid from the world and probably you have not played for a second a CC game. In fact, you are not more than a troll SWta". Rolling Eyes

#28: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:46 pm
    —
Yea but your very different.  Very Happy

Ya, Ya, Ya,

Once I had my own modifications to support WW2 on CCMT, I did not require a theater specific CC game or mod. With CCMT I can add maps until I puke. CCMT anticipates that users will ADD maps.

And adding maps, is something that I have done. For instance, around 2013, I did purchase WAR, but I used modified versions of those maps with my CCMT WW2 mod. And so it goes, on and on.

I will NEVER upload WW2 Tactics because I know NO ONE in the community will use it or purchase CCMT. And since it is derived mainly from Senior Drill's CC5 on CCMT mod. How would you like it if I took one of your mods, made a few changes and uploaded it as my own work?

#29: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:37 pm
    —
Follow the player designs is the most crazy and useless way. The best is follow your heart.

That was kind of the point. Like I said, I don't know what will come up out of this, but part of me can't stop hoping it is something good.

#30: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:26 pm
    —
Follow the player designs is the most crazy and useless way. The best is follow your heart.

Laughing  Rolling Eyes

Here Firefox pretends he is a game designer.

#31: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:24 pm
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):

Hi Nomada,

I have no intent to offend you here, just wish to ask something with regards to WW2 games.

Have been keeping track (sort of) on what you are looking for in TBF and pretty much everything you are seeking in TBF has been around for over 10 years since the 1st Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord. Did you ever try that 3d game?

Johnsilver, are there medics in that game series?

#32: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 pm
    —
NO.

Contain gays running for the battle camp...

Opssss sorry...GIRLY SOLDIERS

#33: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 pm
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
NO.

Regarding CCMT, the only thing that will satisfy the CCS community, IS NOT a campaign, but an ARCADE FEST.

#34: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am
    —
Quote:

I forgot answer you. Johnsilver I have played a lot of games at my live. By this reason, I would not compare a turn game as Combat Mission with a CC game. At CC everything runs without pause, you must make all your movements at same time and when the enemy is firing you as in the real live.

Quote:
Here Firefox pretends he is a game designer.

I am not a game designer but I have made more mods for other games than probably everybody around here. What have you made Swta? nothing, just say stupid things about people, games and more. In fact, you look as if you had not played any CC games and you are not the unique looking as a non-CC player around here.

#35: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm
    —
What have you made Swta? nothing ...

That is right, and as a general rule, I do not upload or download substandard mods. And that is another thing that makes me unique.

#36: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 am
    —
But when you get CCMT, you just don't feel like making any full game mods. To this point, check out the CCS CCMT mod section. There are only 3 mods over the last 8 years, 2 of which are pocket (pocito) mods.

I would rather just collect maps. Its fun. And you can get a lot of maps for CCMT from the Matrix download site.

#37: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:19 am
    —
NO.

Not really a fair description there Legion, though no.. To answer your original question Rodmorg? No Medics, or wasn't through the 1st 4 titles when was heavily into H2H and ladders battles where CCM really shined.

Some of the KG guys still play CCM.. KG_SSpoom being one and Bill (forget his old handle). Still have thoughts of getting back myself. It was a great, great game.

Werf

#38: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:37 am
    —
A great game????

lost one battle????

#39: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:59 am
    —
NO.

Not really a fair description there Legion, though no.. To answer your original question Rodmorg? No Medics, or wasn't through the 1st 4 titles when was heavily into H2H and ladders battles where CCM really shined.

Some of the KG guys still play CCM.. KG_SSpoom being one and Bill (forget his old handle). Still have thoughts of getting back myself. It was a great, great game.

Werf

I mean Combat Mission, not Close Combat Marines.

#40: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 pm
    —

CORRECTO MUNDO
 Exclamation  When you get CCMT, there is no need to make anything. This is what makes CCMT unique.

There is an old data processing axiom, which states, "ONE DATABASE GOOD. TWO DATABASES BAD." That is what the Matrix CC developers violate every time they release or re-release another CC title. And that is also why you guys keep seeing the same old bugs appear over and over again.

#41: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:31 pm
    —

BRILLIANT MATEY
 Exclamation  When you get CCMT, there is no need to make anything. UK soldiers and vehicles are included. You don't really need CCRAF.

#42: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:51 am
    —
A great game????

lost one battle????

Not sure what that is even supposed to mean Legion..

They had Ladders then.. I played ladders.. KG-Cloghaun (Frank) and I had a blast. Both of us were pretty high when had to leave all gaming for a few years (health) and came back... 2009 think it was to CC. Not played any H2H in anything since. Is that so hard to wrap your head around? Is that the issue?

My own health issues were similar to Shaun's, though not quite as major, they are ongoing as well.

As for the game Combat Mission? Many CC'ers did in fact roll out during the early 2000's when Beyond Overlord came out. It was very popular. Most all of KG left for at least a bit eventually and gave it a try and some stayed. I remember Trout hanging around CC, Scout staying, not many others. Some AA clan people moving, but not names off hand. Game was more popular than you think and series still is.

Not trying to be offensive with you Legion, but don't knock it until you try it.

Werf

#43: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:32 pm
    —
CC games had ladders at same time than Combat Mission games, I know because I played both games. But they are very different. Compare a turn game with a real tactical game is a world of differences.

About CC ladders, I go to give you a old gift.Wink http://www.igl.net/zcc4/index.php?p=activate&s=1689&k=356&m=1
It was the ladder from CC4, we played it at msn zone. It was very fun. I do not know because it continue being active. But I can tell you how the dates perhaps they are not very well. Most of the games are from the 2001.

If you need a explanation about this, more of 100 games at a month? when it happened, I had a broken knee. Have fun.
http://www.igl.net/zcc4/index.php?p=activate&s=1689&k=356&m=1

#44: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm
    —
@Werf

You know that i do not play other game..only CC

When i said....lost one battle i want say if you lost any battle fight versus the PC/computer

In CM you lost any battle??

If is OK maybe i play this game

#45: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:42 am
    —
Any more screens or info have come out recently?

#46: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:16 am
    —
Not much info and no screens. I seen it mentioned in a post not to long ago that things are taking longer than expected. We knew that, but at least its an admission that the project is still ongoing.

#47: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 am
    —
Sounding iffy - not enough funding for staff or reliance on freebie volunteers again???

#48: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:11 am
    —
News con Matrixgames forum

Q2 2017;)

#49: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:11 am
    —
Yeah, finally some good news!

#50: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 am
    —
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4116917

#51: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:27 am
    —
Wow it's back from the dead.  Still has a chance.

#52: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 am
    —
To be honest, I'd forgotten about The Bloody First altogether
https://youtu.be/0wxp-NxJny8?t=1m20s

#53: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:04 pm
    —
Well...you all must remember....if you should drive your daughters to some kind of party...it takes a lot of time to get "the girlies to dress up right" Very Happy  Mr. Green

#54: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:09 pm
    —
What a Joke! this has become.

#55: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:12 pm
    —
Has it Really been 4 years since the announcement of this game?

#56: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:03 pm
    —
Four years? I thought it would be three once we get to 2017.

Hasn't been much news at all. Same with Art of Tactical Combat. Forums are silent and no update on webpage.

#57: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm
    —
So I get Banned for calling them out and yet they STILL! have nothing to show.

Do you wonder if this is ever going to see the light of day?
This or Sulla's Tactical whatever?

Good luck to you....

#58: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:39 pm
    —
Call me what you want...............

But Don't call me a F'n Lier!

#59: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 pm
    —
You got banned for repeated trolling.

#60: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm
    —
Nope! But there is an updated version of Dungeon Keeper from 1997 avaliable for Win 7. Its a classig like Close Combat before the girls arrived :-)

/Mats

#61: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:29 am
    —
Good NEWS!

They are still working on the perfect screen shot to show you they have something.

We are pushing to get something to see out, but I will confess it is a frustrating case of never being happy with the shots and what we want to show off.

Cheers

Pip

The way 3D works you cant take screenshots until its pretty much complete. Until the shaders are finished no screenshots can be done. Tweaking the shader effects everything and we're not happy yet. They're still being worked on, as is the UI so anything we show now would not be how the final game would look. We are still months away from completion so don't want to show something until we are happy. I'm sorry if that means you have to wait a bit longer, but we're not going to compromise on the look and feel of the game. Thanks for your patience!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

#62: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 am
    —
Thank God because I would NEVER play a game/purchase one for that matter that couldn't produce a PERFECT SCREEN SHOT!

Oh Golly Geee I cant wait for this game.....Its gonna be the best game EVER!

#63: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 am
    —
I cant wait to see the video that shows me everything but game play so I can buy this game based on that.

#64: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 am
    —
You know the VIDEO!

Maybe a few cut scenes  but mostly a Hollywood Video.

The one where it shows you EXPLOSIVE game play through Video (They created)    but not through the game.

#65: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 am
    —
This game would be TOTALLY AWESOME! if Bevis @ Butthead did the intro

#66: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:04 am
    —
GOOD NEWS Though.......................

When it is displayed your gonna get the PERFECT screen shot.......
Just you WAIT and SEE

#67: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:05 am
    —
Fucking games on STEAM are way better than this shit!

#68: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:10 am
    —
This isn't Twitter. You can combine your spam into one post here.

#69: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:16 am
    —
I dont do twitter or any other fucking thing you guys do.

I do how ever produce laughs and tell the truth

Matrix might want to consider using Glamor Shots for their debut.
Its what they are are looking for.

#70: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:19 am
    —
Remember  Glamor Shots?

#71: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:21 am
    —
Its either this or I   " F "with Firefox       your choice.

And unfortunately he has been half way decent

#72: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:25 pm
    —
Wow that is a blast from the past.  It makes me wonder why the delay.  Do they not have funding/budget?  Lack of consensus or?  I hope the smart people prevail and they don't dumb-down the game into garbage.

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Nope! But there is an updated version of Dungeon Keeper from 1997 avaliable for Win 7. Its a classig like Close Combat before the girls arrived :-)

/Mats

#73: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm
    —
As long as they have attack dogs, in game paratroop drops and medics who can heal troops Ill be happy. Atomic health packs +100 would be awesum too!

#74: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:05 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
As long as they have attack dogs, in game paratroop drops and medics who can heal troops Ill be happy. Atomic health packs +100 would be awesum too!

RED ALERT!!!!!!!!

#75: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

RED ALERT!!!!!!!!

Sorry, posted on the wrong forum Wink

#76: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:30 pm
    —
Not necessarily.....  we haven't seen the finished product yet

#77: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:26 pm
    —
Two new screenshots in matrix games forum

#78: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:30 am
    —

Only thing I do not really like is that soldier monitor covering up the battlefield. Even playing the originals I find myself moving the map and the team details display around because there's always fighting in corners. Having the main soldier monitor over top the map creates a third obstacle to view the battlefield. It really serves no purpose other than an arbitrary change that makes the game look different.

#79: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:09 am
    —
Graphics look good with the exception of the scale.  Looks way off, loss of realism with the switch to 3D.

#80: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am
    —
"Move Complete" I like how they kept that one. I wonder if they will keep my most used sound "All of our tanks are destroyed"  Embarassed

#81: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:57 pm
    —
I asked is multiplayer would be more than 1v1, PipFromSlitherine answered...

Quote:
Not on release, though we can see what players ask for post-release. Anything beyond 1v1 has progressively smaller player-bases and likelihood of game completion in our experience.

Cheers

Pip

Is he right? I don't think so. Maybe he's right within the confines of Matrix's games but overall most games I see these days are more than 1v1. I think his answer is based more from a capability of Matrix Games than anything else.

#82: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:49 am
    —
damn screens are lookin pretty

#83: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 am
    —
Are those real locations or they are doing away with the realistic maps?

#84: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm
    —
I love watching you people Mooxe included in how you honestly think this game will make the Light of day.

#85: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:10 pm
    —
Reminds me of back of the days when CSO  the all knowing and all powering web site said a new game was coming and everyone was like (WHOOOOOO HOOOOO)

I was the only SOB who said why and new game?......................Why not a patch for CCV.

Its funny as SHIT for me.

#86: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: morca PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:14 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I asked is multiplayer would be more than 1v1, PipFromSlitherine answered...

Quote:
Not on release, though we can see what players ask for post-release. Anything beyond 1v1 has progressively smaller player-bases and likelihood of game completion in our experience.

Cheers

Pip

Is he right? I don't think so. Maybe he's right within the confines of Matrix's games but overall most games I see these days are more than 1v1. I think his answer is based more from a capability of Matrix Games than anything else.

Checkout the multi-player on Steel Division.  10v10 on huge maps.  Seamless.  And the games usually go to completion, around 40 mins - well the ones I have played, anyway.
Smaller player base?  "Build it, and they will come".

#87: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 pm
    —
After poking on the Matrix CCBF forum:

"PipFromSlitherine is out of the office for a bit. Development is indeed happening, SchnelleMeyer. I will see what I can do about getting UI-related screen shots for release, but expect it to take some time to get approved.

Steve"

#88: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
After poking on the Matrix CCBF forum:

"PipFromSlitherine is out of the office for a bit. Development is indeed happening, SchnelleMeyer. I will see what I can do about getting UI-related screen shots for release, but expect it to take some time to get approved.

Steve"

Yeah........OK

I don't think it took this long for the Stalingrad Mod to be completed.

#89: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:24 pm
    —
Doesn't sound like any GA date is even on the radar.  No budget $ and lack of resources again.  Sounds like just 1 or 2 people if that and only part-time.

#90: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: NuokkuLocation: Finland PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:04 pm
    —
Tadaaaa!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4323559
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4323557

#91: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 pm
    —
Its looking real nice and familiar - I think this one is gonna be good Very Happy

#92: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 pm
    —
Some news at last.

#93: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 pm
    —
Still not a fan of the new soldier monitor. I wish they change it, maybe conducting a poll to see how popular it really is in the hopes of showing the results to Steve and hoping he changes it. Probably too late for major UI changes though.

I also think the unit icons still looks rather small, but the weapon icons look a bit larger which is nice and allows for better detail on the weapons' images.

And what's the deal with the string "Ball" instead of rounds in the team monitor? I hope it is a sign of ammo being treated separate from weapons.

#94: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:43 pm
    —
I don't think its too late to change UI details Kanov, but I dont understand what you are unhappy with?

About ammo: If you take a look at the LOS screenshot there is a Sherman gunner showing APC (Armor Piercing Capped) in the ammo tab. To me it seems they have introduced more mechanics so the game can differentiate effects between different ammunition in a more realistic way.
Ball ammunition is just lead with a copper jacket and should have very bad penetration in armor plating. AP or armor piercing rounds for rifles could in certain distances penetrate thin armor. This has not been modelled before. - All rifles and Machineguns have AP ammo as default in the current versions..

#95: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 am
    —
I don't think its too late to change UI details Kanov, but I dont understand what you are unhappy with?

I want this team monitor back to be honest. It just looks more ordered and tidy up. The new one takes up random crucial battle field space.

#96: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:10 pm
    —
The images look good
I am concerned that it might (I say Might) have that GWTC zoomed in effect

I'm also not happy with it not having a Strategic Map

And that they are shoving their Servers down our throats.

Steam or a direct H2H connection would make for a much better.

Only because no one really knows how long this game will be supported by them.

And no 2 on 2 H2H?
Jeesh really? in 2017?

I also agree with Kanov about the Team monitor.
But they've already said they are not going to change it.
In GWTC it is very flawed.....unless they patched it.

#97: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Reminds me of back of the days when CSO  the all knowing and all powering web site said a new game was coming and everyone was like (WHOOOOOO HOOOOO)

I was the only SOB who said why and new game?......................Why not a patch for CCV.

You could go out and develop a new game on ur own instead of being the pain in the ASS self generally are 100% of the time and always have been, then that's been your drunk ass nature hasn't it? never positive about anything.. Just drink a quart (or 2) then go online and bitch, piss, moan and complain..

#98: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:59 pm
    —

You could go out and develop a new game on ur own instead of being the pain in the ASS self generally are 100% of the time and always have been, then that's been your drunk ass nature hasn't it? never positive about anything.. Just drink a quart (or 2) then go online and bitch, piss, moan and complain..

I forgot we have girls here.
Thanks for reminding me

#99: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:08 pm
    —
I hear by announce that I'm going to make a game.
Not just any game
But the best WWII game Ever

Now you guys have 3 best WWII games ever coming out

MINE
Sulla's
Matrix

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#100: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 pm
    —
will Somebody please hand me my beer

#101: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm
    —
Notice how if you don't call them out............They post nothing?

Tells you all you need to know.

#102: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm
    —
You STUPID FUCKERS still don't get it.

Theirs no Matrix game and their is no Sulla game.
Plain and FUCKING SIMPLE!

Jesus Christ get a FUCKING LIFE would YA?

#103: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm
    —
Its not going to happen...

They cant FUCKING DO IT!

#104: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 am
    —
Its still funny as SHIT that they can post anything new

#105: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 am
    —
you're on a roll, tell it Michael

#106: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hank PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm
    —
What are you trying to say, Michael?

#107: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: GerwinLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm
    —
He has a good point.
Promises failed so often in the past, so I am afraid they mean nothing now. Just play they games you actually have and enjoy.

#108: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm
    —
Take p_m with a grain of salt. Scuttlebutt has it thst he's on Slitherine's payroll as a reverse psychologist  Cool

#109: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 pm
    —
Michael stop being so wishy-washy, please speak your mind.  Wink

#110: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm
    —
Grunt:

We've been hearing about the next CC since back when the day CSO was THE site for information.

It's Comical at this point.............It's just like trolling that Fat Girl for Prom .....while you hope to land a better one.

#111: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm
    —
And very few say anything about it.

#112: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm
    —
And it's true that if you Don't call Matrix out......they wont say anything........That and their past games released and wont fix anything......It's all you need to know.

#113: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Take p_m with a grain of salt. Scuttlebutt has it thst he's on Slitherine's payroll as a reverse psychologist  Cool

Proof is in the pudding Mick.......what proof do you have that overrides mine?

A Few screen shots?

#114: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:55 am
    —
Im guessing that pudding might be 86 Proof...

#115: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: gravyface PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 pm
    —
Not sure if you read Wargamer, but TBF is supposed to be released in 2018.

#116: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 am
    —
Yes I prefer the CC2 style monitor and especially the intense of real Close Combat house to house street by street.  And the AI is also ironically way better than any of the "rewrites".

I wish they could just convert the old source code for CC2, update the graphics and call it a day.  

I want this team monitor back to be honest. It just looks more ordered and tidy up. The new one takes up random crucial battle field space.

#117: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am
    —
One trick the CC2 AI used was knowing what LOS the player's units had, which enabled the AI to manuever outside of your LOS. This undocumented feature was also available to the player by ALT+right click on a spotted AI unit to drag out a fire line.

#118: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 pm
    —
A new alpha screenshot.

#119: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:02 pm
    —
A new alpha screenshot.

If the unit bar and big ol' Truce button wasn't there, I wouldn't know it's CC.

I kind of wished it was 2D to be honest.

#120: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm
    —
Same her gravyface. Would really like it to stay in 2d. I always liked the top down format. Of course the elevation changes are sometimes hard to judge on some maps, but that could be fixed with simple contour lines that can be toggled on or off.

CC needed AI fix and some other bugs fixes, but I hardly think it needed 3d.

#121: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:36 pm
    —
I really don't understand why there are icons above the units. In the icon they even have the military symbol for the unit. I guess it makes sense to show icons for the infantry in the houses, but.... why not remove the roof so we can see what side they are up against?

Having icons on the mini map make more sense. I don't see a zoom out like we have in the originals.

Now they are also using the floating troop info bars. These cover playable areas on the map. Same technique used already in some re-releases. The problem with the floating info bars is when you are fighting a long the edges of the map, you need to close these so you can see your units.

Hopefully they polish up the UI more by removing these redundant aspects.

Anyways, I can't believe I am even still commenting on this. Its going to get released with a 1990's multiplayer lobby with a 1v1 max and a price tag of $59.99.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#122: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm
    —
The minus to 3D is that the maps will lack visual variety and look more generic. The plus is that they will truly be WYSIWYG. Underneath the old CC maps was a lot of substandard terrain and elevation coding that really did a disservice to the effort put into the map graphic. For example - when the game scale enlarged from 5pix/m to 8pix/m in PITF and new, larger treetops were introduced, the coding for trees stayed in the old 'lollipop' configuration of 1 concentric layer of leaves around the tree trunk when the new treetop graphics had some leaves 3-4 elements away from the trunk. This resulted in the new treetop graphics looking lush and dense but largely having no game effect.

#123: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm
    —
I never even knew those leaves were part of the tree in the first place. Always thought the coding was for leaves on the ground... - Thanks for teaching yet another aspect of CC map coding protocol Mick!

What I feel is most problematic with the 5 to 8 pix/m transition is that the vehicle speed is now ridiculously slow cause it didnt get updated to the new scale! - AND there is a bloody cap on it!

#124: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:40 pm
    —
The current game treats the height of any leaves or lbranch type elements flagged in Elements column AS as being adjacent to a tree element to start at ground level and rise to the height of the tree element. Otherwise, the height of leaves or branches is .5m - 1m per column B. To code the larger 8pix/m treetops with leaves or branches extending to the full radius of the graphic you'd need to create a bunck of new leaves/branches elements at  4, 8 & 12m heights to match those tree sizes.

?Not to mention the issue that IRL, most deciduous trees dont have branches and leaves that start at ground level like many conifers.

#125: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:54 pm
    —
I see, - great information! - It helps explain the lack of cover and concealment in woods in the the newer releases.

#126: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 am
    —
Um,Ah,yeah.....I'm so exited.

1 Screen shot.    :)

Wow ....Golly Gee
These are Truly Exciting times.

I take back everything I said.

And multiply it by a Freaking 1000

#127: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 am
    —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxCKFlzToFA

#128: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 am
    —
\m/

#129: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I really don't understand why there are icons above the units. In the icon they even have the military symbol for the unit. I guess it makes sense to show icons for the infantry in the houses, but.... why not remove the roof so we can see what side they are up against?
We have the same sort of optional NATO icons above units now, not that many choose to use them. Its a wash if the TBF icons are also optional.
Quote:
Having icons on the mini map make more sense. I don't see a zoom out like we have in the originals.
Using icons on the minimap would be too much clutter and overlap. Actually I'd prefer an option for more FOW and not even have enemy unit dots on the minimap. IIRC, zoom is going to be using scroll wheel.
Quote:
Now they are also using the floating troop info bars. These cover playable areas on the map. Same technique used already in some re-releases. The problem with the floating info bars is when you are fighting a long the edges of the map, you need to close these so you can see your units.
Same longstanding prob we've had with the Minimap, Soldier monitor and Tool panel. Youve got to either close them or drag them out of the way for visibility along the map edges. I'd like to see those features auto-dock on the opposite screen edge when youre viewing a map edge, much the way the support icons auto-dock on either side of the Tool panel depending on which side of the screen you place it.

#130: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:20 pm
    —
I'm happy to have been fired from this project!  Laughing

#131: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:08 pm
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):

What!? They actually fired you?  Rolling Eyes  - Hmm.. well, plenty of time to go back to finish the Kursk - Edit: Stalingrad mod then Laughing

#132: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 am
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):

Not too many of the long time CC gamers/mod makers left as volunteers or workers. Makes me nervous about the decisions or direction the game is going....

#133: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Bazza PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:11 am
    —
It would have been nice to actually see how far they got with the first game engine. This article gives you a hint.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/2/20/17033518/close-combat-the-bloody-first-delay-2014-release-date

#134: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am
    —
Interesting read. Did learn that as Axis there is no ongoing campaign for your troops (I guess no German participated in all the same battles as the US 1st Div)....

#135: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:27 pm
    —
Looks like 24 units max - 16 + 8 support - on the  Force Selection screenshot

#136: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am
    —
Looks like 24 units max - 16 + 8 support - on the  Force Selection screenshot

I hope the menu screens are not the same 800x600 pixels with no scaling???

#137: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 am
    —
I hope its the confusing force selection like Gateway to Caen.

#138: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:22 am
    —

Wow. Why. Just why.

I really hope this is somehow based from the unity engine and not a throw back to Gateway to Caen or PITF lobby from hell.

"integrated" "match-making"

Says it all.

Co-op vs AI. You cant play the Axis side? Seriously WTFFFF.

#139: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:32 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
I hope the menu screens are not the same 800x600 pixels with no scaling???

LOL. 4K resolution support (we hope) but SVGA menu screens.

The layout of the Force Selection screen and lack of 1st/2nd Plt unit grouping leads me to believe that selection will be old school, by individual unit rather than entire plt. Also, 16 slots doesnt lend itself to being filled by two 7-unit platoons.

The option for MP co-op play vs the AI is interesting. Wonder if both players will have 24 unit rosters (max) or if they'll share a 24 unit roster? One player commanding infantry and one commanding vehicles could be fascinating.

#140: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: GerwinLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 pm
    —
Bazza wrote (View Post):
It would have been nice to actually see how far they got with the first game engine. This article gives you a hint.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/2/20/17033518/close-combat-the-bloody-first-delay-2014-release-date  

Sounding like platoon Michael;
The matrix releases went pretty much nowhere, so why would that direction change with a mystery project mentioned in an article of excuses and promises.
Also, regarding Bloody First; I am of the opinion that real-time Military sim games are significantly more complex than any other type of game, so much so that usually a first release is severely limited/unfinished. It takes sequels to flesh out such a game and get an interesting force pool. Takes talent and years of effort.

#141: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Wow. Why. Just why.

I really hope this is somehow based from the unity engine and not a throw back to Gateway to Caen or PITF lobby from hell.

"integrated" "match-making"

Says it all.

Steam Offers a better place to meet and greet people,
Constantly CRAMMING This Crap down our Necks is all you need to know

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#142: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

"Product Requirements:
An Internet connection is required for 2-player head to head play

Features:
Multiplayer allows for Co-Op play vs. the AI"

'Head-to-head' implies playing opposing sides. 'Allows' implies other MP options. The Steam versions of PITF & GTC imply TBF will also have a Steam version. 'Constantly CRAMMING...' implies sumbuddy who has repeatedly and vehemently vowed TBF was never going to happen suddenly believes it aint gonna happen the way he wants it to and will now switch to constantly cramming that opinion down everybody's neck..

#143: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:23 pm
    —
I am pretty sure I seen Steve or some other Matrix rep state it was not head to head.

#144: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm
    —
Maybe it was no head to head campaign... pretty cloudy on the subject so far.

From the Polygon interview...

"McClare said that while players will be able to shepherd a single American division throughout the entire campaign, they won’t be able to do the same from the Axis perspective. Players will be able to fight against the Americans but, unlike some previous entries in the series, their progress won’t carry over in the same way from battle to battle."

#145: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:10 pm
    —
According to Pip a year ago, there will be MP H2H but probably not co-op. According to the Features list, co-op but no definitive mention of H2H. Recall Steve saying we'll be able to solo play battles as the Axis. Im hazy on whether that includes playing Axis in the campaign as well.

#146: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 pm
    —
Once again your not getting what you want......
Despite having it told over and over again

#147: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pm
    —
your not getting 2on2 Multiplayer
Your not getting 4 on 4 multiplayer
Your not getting a totally FREE online gaming experience.
Once the game Dies.......The server Dies

Your gonna pay 60$ for that!!

Hell you cant even play as the Germans!

#148: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 pm
    —
It makes me Laugh my ASS! off how people support this shit

#149: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:02 am
    —
your not getting 2on2 Multiplayer
Your not getting 4 on 4 multiplayer
Your not getting a totally FREE online gaming experience.
Once the game Dies.......The server Dies

Your gonna pay 60$ for that!!

Hell you cant even play as the Germans!

Wish they would put it on Steam and use their multiplayer tools over using their own which can/will disappear then they decide to move on to the next release/thing....

#150: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am
    —
I just wish Matrix would DIE!

I'm sick and tired of their broken promises and sick and tired of a game I don't want.

Their new game offers NOTHING! I want

#151: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 am
    —
There's no real features worth buying.

Visually sure,,,,why not
Anyone can do that!

But they've never once taken in consideration what would make a GREAT Game.

2 on2
4 on 4
A Grand campaign map
No multi story buildings

If you buy this game......your buying a Beta
Nothing more.
Your paying $60 for a Beta

Your paying what I assume is $60 for a trial and error

#152: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:56 am
    —
Platoon_Michael...........and all the bad critics.......do you know what I would not like to see in the future close combat? to you. We will be better if you do not play the game.......do not be mad with this but it is true.......you remember me to the Kelly`s heroes film where there was a tank mechanic named Moliarti who he was too negative.........

#153: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:33 pm
    —
It looks pretty good, here is a gif mentioned on the interview press sound a fullscreen.
https://gifs.com/gif/XoXGZ8

#154: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 am
    —
Looks pretty good me, from what I have seen over at Matrix, play wise that is.

#155: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:34 pm
    —
Well Michael has turned into the town drunk here. I am usually deleting his posts or moving them to train wrecks.

#156: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Well Michael has turned into the town drunk here. I am usually deleting his posts or moving them to train wrecks.

Damn you sir.  I paid good money to be entertained by the wretch!    Very Happy

#157: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:47 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

I do miss the train wrecks thread..........

#158: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 am
    —
Yes me too.  Always quality for a great larf and trying to thread splice the topic(s).  

Me thinks we got old.

I for one am getting all my cc stuff back on hard disk and setting it all up.  Only ones I dont have are Pitf and GTC.

Looking forward to TBF with a 'new' engine.

#159: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Bazza PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:03 am
    —
For anyone  who's interested, it looks like there's a new interview regarding the Bloody First on their Facebook page. It's translated from French so it's a little rough but there is new info presented.

B.

#160: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:09 pm
    —
NOT dead Michael!

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/close-combat-bloody-first-pc-preview/

Wargamer site gave predictable review with some negative comments about new 3D features.  Although glad to see allegedly you can still play top-down 2D mode as option.

"...The ‘Grand Campaign’ takes you through these three in chronological order. Each individual campaign is made up of operations: Tunisia has 5, while Sicily and Normandy have three. Each operation is then divided up into battle maps: this can be as low as one, and as high as five for a total of 36 spread out across the whole game. It’s unclear how the progression works as you fight out the campaign."

#161: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 pm
    —
"...your troops are a lot smarter in their pathfinding"

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  :D

"The AI is quite aggressive right now...."

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

#162: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:40 pm
    —
If they're using the fixed first two platoons from Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen again then my interest has plummeted in it. Having to play as the US again was already turning me off but the fixed platoons are a major disincentive.

#163: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):
If they're using the fixed first two platoons from Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen again then my interest has plummeted in it. Having to play as the US again was already turning me off but the fixed platoons are a major disincentive.

Yes it sounds that way. Third platoon is "support" and can be individually chosen.

I dont mind it personally. But, I got used to CC4 and fixed forcepools.

#164: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 am
    —
I hope the 2D "option" is fully supported, the 3D scale (as usual) looks off.  The graphics do look good though.  Not a big fan of the soldier monitor pop-up on top of screen...looks like you don't have to use it I see the right-click style command options.  New screens on Wargamer review are the best look we had in a while.

#165: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:19 am
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):

Yes it sounds that way. Third platoon is "support" and can be individually chosen.

I dont mind it personally. But, I got used to CC4 and fixed forcepools.

I doubt I'll ever get used to CC4. I don't get why when CC3 and CC5 gave options elegantly there was the shift backwards to less control and customisation with PitF onwards.

I can only hope there is a forcepool creation tool for the editor.

#166: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:47 am
    —
The changes were made to reflect someone else's view of realism.

Close Combat has always been pulled in two directions. Simulator and war game.

#167: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:09 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The changes were made to reflect someone else's view of realism.

Close Combat has always been pulled in two directions. Simulator and war game.

I'm just hoping that the forcepools can be easily modified. I think it's a frustration with the connection and history that is made with your troops and then the requisition system negates that, how the player as commander is unable to build and deploy forces that they think will best operate in a situation - particularly when CC3 and CC5 were so brilliantly accomodating.

I was surprised to read the part in the article about the lack of shell craters as well.

I hope this next entry in a series I've grown up with goes well, there's a niggling feeling though as information drips through.

#168: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:10 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):

I'm just hoping that the forcepools can be easily modified. I think it's a frustration with the connection and history that is made with your troops and then the requisition system negates that, how the player as commander is unable to build and deploy forces that they think will best operate in a situation - particularly when CC3 and CC5 were so brilliantly accomodating.

To be fair, the PITF/GTC req system tracks every soldier in the entire BG, some of which were brigades. Req in CC3 & 5 spawned entire new teams of soldiers and voided the combat histories of every team sent to the rear. Ideally we'd have both - CC2 & 3's what-if/points req for online play/single battles, and PITF?GTCs  req by platoon for campaigning, with full tracking for both. But if only one system can be had I'd prefer the realism of platoon req.  But then Ive always leaned toward CC as simulation rather than wargame.

All the better for 'connection' and immersion that, much like CC3, TBF has a narrow focus on one company. .Looking forward to a GC with a real Band of Brothers feel to it. Cant say I'll miss the strat layer much as it never seemed more than a game of checkers on top of CC's tactical game of chess. Im sure, given Steve's track record for opening up the CC file structures, that my taste for an occasional fantasy scenario like bazookas vs panzers or a lone sniper vs a US BG will be easily modded.

#169: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):

To be fair, the PITF/GTC req system tracks every soldier in the entire BG, some of which were brigades. Req in CC3 & 5 spawned entire new teams of soldiers and voided the combat histories of every team sent to the rear. Ideally we'd have both - CC2 & 3's what-if/points req for online play/single battles, and PITF?GTCs  req by platoon for campaigning, with full tracking for both. But if only one system can be had I'd prefer the realism of platoon req.  But then Ive always leaned toward CC as simulation rather than wargame.

All the better for 'connection' and immersion that, much like CC3, TBF has a narrow focus on one company. .Looking forward to a GC with a real Band of Brothers feel to it. Cant say I'll miss the strat layer much as it never seemed more than a game of checkers on top of CC's tactical game of chess. Im sure, given Steve's track record for opening up the CC file structures, that my taste for an occasional fantasy scenario like bazookas vs panzers or a lone sniper vs a US BG will be easily modded.

#170: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):

You've described the sentiment brilliantly. It was th ability to manually refit teams from CC3 that I miss as well, that and the choices it caused if you had limited ability to refit and challenges to account for.

I'm hoping we'll have the ability to withdraw and flee again too. As the maps got bigger and the ai dawdleded, more time was spent waiting around, when you were up against a fight you couldn't win it became a case of trying to break your own troops morale, just to be able to get to the next battle.

Why these things were removed I don't know...

#171: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):
Hicks wrote (View Post):

You've described the sentiment brilliantly. It was th ability to manually refit teams from CC3 that I miss as well, that and the choices it caused if you had limited ability to refit and challenges to account for.

I'm hoping we'll have the ability to withdraw and flee again too. As the maps got bigger and the ai dawdleded, more time was spent waiting around, when you were up against a fight you couldn't win it became a case of trying to break your own troops morale, just to be able to get to the next battle.

Dont forget it's also a business decision. There has to be a large difference between versions to make a case for purchasing the newer one.
Changing the maps or the entire engine is too much (this version excepted) so adding forcepools (CC4), then going back to requisitions (CC5) then going back to points (LSA) then fixed platoons (Pitf) makes for a selling point.
Otherwise it's just a mod or DLC.

This is just my theory, I have no proof but will still argue to the death  Wink

#172: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:41 pm
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):
Hicks wrote (View Post):

Dont forget it's also a business decision. There has to be a large difference between versions to make a case for purchasing the newer one.
Changing the maps or the entire engine is too much (this version excepted) so adding forcepools (CC4), then going back to requisitions (CC5) then going back to points (LSA) then fixed platoons (Pitf) makes for a selling point.
Otherwise it's just a mod or DLC.

This is just my theory, I have no proof but will still argue to the death  Wink

That would unfortunately make sense to some extent.

I'd have settled for a variety of different settings and forces over unneeded tweaks. More unique sounds, visualised weather conditions and their effects would be nice inclusions, scaling user interfaces, expanded history and descriptions - drag the game kicking and screaming into the present day if they really want to make changes.

If we have to play as the US again then how about the Marines in the Pacific? Finns, Italians, Soviets, Poles, Canadians, The Eastern Legions, Indians, ANZAC forces anything but BARs and Shermans again please...

#173: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:22 pm
    —
The transition to 3D alone is probably enough "drag the game kicking and screaming into the present day" for the devs I'd imagine. Plus, from the features section of the TBF product page - "For the first time the armed forces of Italy appear in an official release". Dollars to donuts we'll be able to swap the Eyties with 1ID and have an Italian GC.

#174: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 pm
    —
The transition to 3D alone is probably enough "drag the game kicking and screaming into the present day" for the devs I'd imagine. Plus, from the features section of the TBF product page - "For the first time the armed forces of Italy appear in an official release". Dollars to donuts we'll be able to swap the Eyties with 1ID and have an Italian GC.

I'm not so sure the game needed to go 3D to drag it to now, but the menus and interface I think would need that attention. I wouldn't envy them that though as making a good interface is a challenge.

It's good that they seem to be enabling the player to have 2D top-down style as well as 3D. Options are wonderful.

It'll be great to have Italian forces expanded, I can only hope they become more daring with forces and settings going forward.

#175: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:45 pm
    —
Something I've wondered for a while; how do you all feel about being able to order the loading of specific types of rounds? I'm just reminded of how specialised rounds were wasted in Gateway to Caen.

#176: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 am
    —
IMO it was high time that CC moved on from the clunky 10x10 or 16x16 pixel grids underneath the map grfx. Coding these for terrain type and elevation was a thankless task. The results were riddled with errors and omissions. And god help the mapmaker trying to code anything not perpendicular to a map edge. That gave us soldiers who looked like they were outside a bldg on the map graphic that were actually in it according to the map.txt. 3D means true slopes and contours rather than a layer cake in 1/2 meter increments. TBF's new viewshed tool, which wasnt feasible in 2D, ought to make us realize how little team-level situational awareness was available doing 'radar sweeps' with the LOS line.

#177: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 am
    —
The LOS tool looks interesting. There was another project; Art of Combat? Do you think it has given some pressure for TBF to up its game?

#178: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:18 am
    —
IMO it was high time that CC moved on from the clunky 10x10 or 16x16 pixel grids underneath the map grfx. Coding these for terrain type and elevation was a thankless task. The results were riddled with errors and omissions. And god help the mapmaker trying to code anything not perpendicular to a map edge. That gave us soldiers who looked like they were outside a bldg on the map graphic that were actually in it according to the map.txt. 3D means true slopes and contours rather than a layer cake in 1/2 meter increments. TBF's new viewshed tool, which wasnt feasible in 2D, ought to make us realize how little team-level situational awareness was available doing 'radar sweeps' with the LOS line.

Coding - LOL  Rolling Eyes

I'm not concerned about 3D. It's been around for decades.

I'm more concerned about the budget... I find the release of games before they're finished to be frustrating. I hope it's not another bug ridden mess with a promise to "fix things in the next patch" which never actually rolls around.........Hello WAR  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

#179: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:21 pm
    —
Steve, TBFs lead dev, and Shaun, AoCs project cmdr, worked together on the COI-LSA re-releases so they had  a good grasp of each others capabilities. Unfortunately AoC has been stalled for over a year. Any competitive pressure between the two CC redesigns is gone. However, in this recent interview Steve admits to a different source of pressure - from all the old CC vets! As an old CC fan, modman and toolmaker himself, and since,  a long time official CC dev, 'The Blood!' McClaire has more than just a professional interest in making TBF the best new CC it can be. After ~20 years of investing himself in the game, more so than any 6 of us put together, its surely become a deeply personal commitment as well.

Having seen the wonders he was able to wring out of the creaky CC code to create CCM AT/JTAC, I have faith he'll deliver a solid TBF. Will it please all and be perfect right from the start? Of course not. But it will be mod-friendly and those so inclined can please themselves in changing it to taste. As for the inevitable baked-in bugs...its his code for a game that could just as well be titled "The Bloods!: The Bloody First" so I'd expect he'll expend every effort to correct any errors.

#180: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:28 pm
    —
There will be bugs. There will be very obvious features that we totally love from the previous versions omitted from this version. There will be features added that will force us to say, "why?"

I beta tested one of the re-releases, I forget which one. A problem during the testing phase was there was very little if any testing over multiplayer. Mostly due to the difficulty of connecting. So the game missed a level of scrutiny it would of otherwise had. For example in CC5 bugs that only show up in multiplayer are, only host sees muzzle flashes, wrecks in different spots... there are more... Most players were bashing through single player vs the very boring AI. I think maybe if we had beta testing goals we could have found more bugs. Oh and beta testing was literally right on the heels of release so in reality nothing but the most basic bugs would get fixed.

The isometric view could have been improved on without going to 3D. One example is to view is MechCommander Gold. A superior isometric view with deformable terrain and buildings from 1999. Now check out how they upgraded to 3D in MechCommander 2 in 2001.

#181: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm
    —
You inadvertently left out "There will be new features that we totally love"  Smile  Im just grateful that my wargame of choice, a very niche product, is still alive and kicking going into its third decade.

Due to the obvious difficulties in scheduling matches, you need a large, engaged beta group to thoroughly test MP, particularly for a one-off game engine.

#182: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
    —

Coding - LOL  Rolling Eyes

I'm not concerned about 3D. It's been around for decades.

I'm more concerned about the budget... I find the release of games before they're finished to be frustrating. I hope it's not another bug ridden mess with a promise to "fix things in the next patch" which never actually rolls around.........Hello WAR  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Yes the re-releases were not so great.  I hope this time it's different and not just the graphics.  AI is useless with the poor man's version of "re-writes".

#183: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 am
    —
The re-releases were a mixed bag.

Early ones added very little (COI) well others in the middle added lots (LSA) then the last releases added and took away things while bugs in TLD/LSA were ignored.

Don’t have faith in them anymore.

#184: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The re-releases were a mixed bag.

Early ones added very little (COI) well others in the middle added lots (LSA) then the last releases added and took away things while bugs in TLD/LSA were ignored.

Don’t have faith in them anymore.

I pick LSA as the best of the re-releases - (feel free to fire away at that comment  Twisted Evil)

COI was very good, the quality was the highest. Yes it added very little, but to be fair it was purely a re-release. Nothing extra was promised. CC3 was selling for $90 at one point used online! So it was only a Real Red re-release.

On that note.... Since going back and playing un-modded CC4 and CC5 a little, I realise they were just as buggy as the newer versions. They were new and fun at the time so I didnt notice / didnt care so much. Also I got CC4 for $5 in the bargain bin so who gives a f*&% about a few bugs!

When the re-releases came out I was much more critical, and had paid $50 so I expected something more polished. Then came the painful waiting for updates / patches  Evil or Very Mad to make the game enjoyable. Which never happened!! Thats why Michael is so pissed off, his hopes of a great CC4 update were dashed, then he was left alone at Matrix asking "When is the fix?" Tejszd, you were there too.

Because they are commercial release we expect better. If it was GJS with coding errors or historical weapons errors someone would step up and fix it and give the files to the modder.

Steve is a good guy, I did testing on Pitf as well and he was genuinely interested and responsive to criticism and bug finding. BUT he was also clear that the release date was set in stone by others and was going ahead regardless of what we found. Thats the business..............

#185: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 am
    —

Steve is a good guy, I did testing on Pitf as well and he was genuinely interested and responsive to criticism and bug finding. BUT he was also clear that the release date was set in stone by others and was going ahead regardless of what we found. Thats the business..............

Yes spot on mate.  Well said.

Anything after commercial release from whomever [at] games [dot] com appears to not have any priority with regard to fixes and patches after a period of time, but yes thats business I suppose.

Trying to play a simuator on Steam at present and it's (the game) as buggy as hell.  Apparently the game egine is over 10 years old and is limited......heard that before somewhere too......... Rolling Eyes

#186: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Bazza PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 am
    —
There's a new review out on Rock Paper Shotgun for anyone who's interested.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/24/close-combat-the-bloody-first-preview/amp/

B.

#187: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am
    —
Bazza wrote (View Post):

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/24/close-combat-the-bloody-first-preview/amp/

B.

Hardly a glowing review.......  Neutral

#188: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Hicks PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 pm
    —
Bazza wrote (View Post):

B.

Hardly a glowing review.......  Neutral

It would help if it had been Tim Stone covering it as well. Most of the current staff there aren't worth a warm pot of piss.

For some ingame footage however: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aiYAq181WU

#189: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:16 am
    —
god I hope TBF isn't a bug fest like all the other CC releases. we have waited this long...so waiting longer is not an issue for me. I hate play testing there games for them. im not a fan of the linear strat ...like in Cross of Iron.....but im hoping it will still be fun.
can anyone tell me what the deal is with multi player on TBF? how do you play and fight the germans?

#190: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 pm
    —
Are there any news?

#191: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:32 am
    —
I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe by end of 2019?  Waiting for Panzer Corps 2 also might be out next year.  Not much news for last 6 months.

#192: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:43 pm
    —
Good update on Twitch interview with gamer after the 1 minute mark with very good screen shots and combat.  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/438465180

#193: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:06 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):

Yes the re-releases were not so great.  I hope this time it's different and not just the graphics.  AI is useless with the poor man's version of "re-writes".

i disagree with this.. I thought COI was an improvement.. While it wasnt all that evident, there were or atleast it felt llke changes were made.. pathfinding, "tank spin" was fixed a bit, and ai was more agressive. while the ai didnt "think " strategically or with purpose. few games have ai that do..

COI is still the best to play single day battles or muti-day ops in multi-players.. the other remakes dont even compare IMO..Prettier perhaps but req system will always be superior to BG/FP system in most situations with single day battles.. Its a toss up with ops.

#194: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:46 am
    —
Yes it really boiled down to what people were looking for.  Polls here and on Matrix show CC2 to be the best I would say due to the crisp vehicle pathing and AI gameplay.  

Bloody First is looking good thus far.  But that twitch feed video was odd, the guy is working in his pajamas in a dungeon studio apartment.  It shows the campaign map and individual battles too.  From what I can see it looks like you can play as either Axis or Allies and interesting to see Italians only in some scenarios instead of Germans.

#195: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am
    —
Couple new screenshots this week: http://slitherine.com/news/2887/Close.Combat.The.Bloody.First.Screenshots,.with.New.Icons!

#196: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am
    —
This project entirely looks like vaporware...

#197: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:13 pm
    —
The scale and terrain mapping looks awkward.  Graphics look good but I wish they would NOT use that mountain terrain 3D design.

#198: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:41 am
    —
I think I'm out.  Not sure what it is but I don't think its close combat.  It looks like playing CC on the OVM map

#199: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
I think I'm out.  Not sure what it is but I don't think its close combat.  It looks like playing CC on the OVM map

What do you think about the maps?

#200: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):

What do you think about the maps?

hard to say given they're desert.  Never been a desert warrior.  But nah... not a fan

#201: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 pm
    —
Here is the last screen working
http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/CCTBF/Legend/4-ok.jpg

#202: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: EricR4B PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:32 pm
    —
Just noticed this today... http://youtu.be/19pSbSXMQsE

#203: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:54 am
    —
Scale still seems off and maps too large.  Not "Close" Combat like in Market Garden or Russian Front.  I do like the new infantry modeling.  First time we have seen any close-up's of infantry.  Impossible to see until they zoom in later you can see them running.  Hopefully they will continue to make improvements.

#204: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Bendit PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:54 pm
    —
Close Combat: The Bloody First meant to release next Month, October 3rd, according to Steam!  New trailer

#205: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Scale still seems off and maps too large.  Not "Close" Combat like in Market Garden or Russian Front.  I do like the new infantry modeling.  First time we have seen any close-up's of infantry.  Impossible to see until they zoom in later you can see them running.  Hopefully they will continue to make improvements.

They are close.. i just ran a test on a stock map in COI.. LVOV and a desert map in TBF beta..  lvov measures ~500mx350m and the one in TBF measured exactly 500mx500m..

I do like somethings the developers did but others im taking a wait and see attitude on..

#206: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 am
    —
Maybe I'm just an old fanboy  Embarassed but I think it's looking good. The LOS tool is a big plus, the maps look good, not too bright. I hope they have kept my favorite keyboard shortcuts for orders

#207: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: 7A_Ghoa10Location: Spain PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:51 pm
    —
Bendit wrote (View Post):
Close Combat: The Bloody First meant to release next Month, October 3rd, according to Steam!  New trailer

Its seems that the game is close to be released, do you think that with this game Close Combat Glory Days will come back? Who is thinking in buying it?

#208: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Bendit PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 am
    —
From videos, the one thing that has really impressed me with Close Combat moving to 3D is the line of sight tool. Otherwise their 3d engine seems sadly antiquated. I am hoping there will be a PC demo to see game-play for oneself.

I hope the The Bloody First does well though. It's an interesting concept following a division through three theaters in one game.

#209: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:08 am
    —
Yes agreed impressive to include 3 theaters in one game.  Just hope it is not crazy expensive otherwise will not buy any time soon.  Wonder if they fixed the AI.

#210: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am
    —

That would be me Smile

Yea.. Okinawa is my favorite CC5 mod.. even like it more than GJS

#211: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 pm
    —
Maybe I'm just an old fanboy  Embarassed but I think it's looking good. The LOS tool is a big plus, the maps look good, not too bright. I hope they have kept my favorite keyboard shortcuts for orders

True, only the AI seems not much changed.

#212: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:26 pm
    —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16Ubu7IPi4

My money tells me that they prefers to stay in the pocket...

#213: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 pm
    —
Looks good, will definitely buy, can also play top down classic CC style, just wish it was more like CC5. If they release in the future CC5 style campaign with 3D and New AI, that's as good as it gets for me!  Very Happy  Wink

#214: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:35 am
    —
I do wonder if the AI will be truly "new" this time please leave your reviews here

#215: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:32 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
I do wonder if the AI will be truly "new" this time please leave your reviews here

The AI seems still not  be able to use good battle techniques... On the other hand, all the reviews i've seen thus far,  players also do not use good tactics and techniques...

#216: Re: Anything At All New On The Bloody First? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:08 pm
    —
It will be converted to VetBoB Ardennes mod by Nomada Firefox october 5 because of the "easy to mod" option....

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Bloody First

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1