Forcepools in GTC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Forcepools in GTC Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:37 pm
    —
Anyone noticed that the forcepools in GTC are randomly?
Start up any battle on any map (as German you will see it easier) and try to fill as much slots in the first "Zug" as possible.
Go out again. Do it a second time, or / and a third time...
Sometimes you can only fill 5 slots, and sometimes 6 or even 7 !
That is a big difference to me...in fact too big!

The same happens with tanks in the second "Zug". You sometimes can have only 3. And sometimes you get even 5.
I DON'T LIKE this at ALL.
Against the AI you can go in and out as much as you like until you are satisfied. But how you are going to do that in H2H?

The settings were on Veteran.

#2: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:57 pm
    —
I found out for some reason turning on the setting - end battle when morale gets too low, fixes it. There were times when single player I was up against 4 or 5 8cm mortars. I would never see AI using trucks and other things.

#3: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:16 am
    —
Sorry to say, but it does not change anything.
Still have the same difference in the forcepools.

#4: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm
    —
I really don't understand this observation at all. You can change the teams from the choices provided.

#5: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:51 pm
    —
Well, papa_whisky...in GTC choose the German side to play with...choose any battle (one of the easiest to see is the battle in "Caen-Fontenay Rd", because you get only a few "Zugs")...start up the battle...you can see your forcepool now...can you fill in all the 7 slots of the first zug?...yes or no, just remember what you could do...hit the "Back" button...then start up the same battle...look at your forcepool again...can you do the same as before?
For me the forcepool changes a lot every time I go in and out. Sometimes I can fill the 7 slots completely, sometimes I can only fill 5 slots.
So when we would play this battle H2H, me and you, you would be happy to get only 5 slots filled?

In fact I don't know that this is the same when you play H2H. I didn't play GTC H2H yet.

I'm just asking anyone else noticed it. And I like to have some reactions on this.
But maybe a lot of GTC players don't care? I don't know.

#6: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:35 pm
    —
That's what the battle maker is for. Forcepools are probably set historically.

#7: Re: Forcepools in GTC Author: RD_Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 am
    —
"That's what the battle maker is for. Forcepools are probably set historically."

???? Sorry, Vobbnobb, but it seems to me that you also don't know what I'm talking about.

Do I have a wrong version of GTC?
I bought it from Steam. How do I know that it has the patches?
If I am right the patches don't handle things like this !??

Anyone else?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1