increase number of soldiers in team
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm
    —
hi

there is any easy way to increase number of soldiers in  team, in Wacht am Rhein?
I hate teams with 2, 3, 4. Very like epic battles like in CC3.

#2: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:18 pm
    —
I am not an expert but:
If you want to edit teams, you could try playing with teams.txt.

#3: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 pm
    —
To increase the number of soldiers you need to edit the teams.txt files in the Data folder. Download the Wacht Am Rhein Workbook here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4066  to help you with the editing. Increasing the teams is easy. Edit the teams.txt files in MS Excel. In columns 15 through 24 you fill in the soldiers numbers. The numbers refer to the soldiers index numbers found in the soldiers.txt . The max is 10 soldiers per unit. In columns 43 through 52 you fill in the soldier type: 0-5. I suggest you use type 0 to increase the units sizes. In column 71 you update the total number of soldiers. Save as txt file. Once edited you will no longer be able to play multiplayer games so make sure to back up your data first.

#4: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 am
    —
Thank you very much! Now it looks amazing  Very Happy

P.S. Another question, how can i change battlegroups? Because i see Tiger tank in the list, but it always = 0.

#5: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 pm
    —
I do not own WaR and have never edited it myself but looking at the workbook this is what I can explain to you in a crash course:
The quantities per unit by campaign day and difficulty can be found in the FPools.txt. You want Tigers? Looking in the fpools alone you will not find them. First go to the axsteams file and lookup the unit index number in column 3. This is 112 for a Tiger II and 113 for an SS Tiger II. Look up these numbers in the FPools. You will only find the 113 in battle group KG Peiper / 1.SS, column 36 (team class 18 )  .

FPools column 0 (from the workbook), cel A4=total number of battle groups. Cel A5= Battle Group index number. Cells A6-A10= difficulty numbers 0-5: Elite,Veteran, Line, Green, Recruit. As you can see this sequence 0-5 repeats for every single campaign day numbered 0-24 (in column B). Going back to team class 18 you will see that on day 0 you will get 2 Tigers II playing in setting 'Green' and 4 Tigers II in 'Recruit'. Now change as you like. You can add any unit to any forcepool (although you can not mix nations). Not sure if WaR displays 20 or 25 units in the battle group screen so start with adding new units in Team Class 19 and 20 first. Fill in new units and quantities for every difficulty setting for a given day. -1 Denotes no unit. This system lets you alter the composition per battle group for every difficulty setting per day.

Note: in CC5 where this system is first used (as far as I know) only the numbers available on the first day of the campaign you designed (can be any day 0-24 of course) become available. E.g. on day 2, 3, 4, etc. of your campaign no other units become available than those available on day 1. Not sure if this goes for WaR too.
Good luck.

#6: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 am
    —
Thank you very much Exclamation

#7: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:44 pm
    —
I tired the same for CC4 Classic and it doesn't work, why?

#8: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:54 pm
    —
I don't know what you tried. CC4 does not use txt files but adb files and you need to convert them first using Qclone. Did you try that?

#9: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 pm
    —
In Wacht am Rhein there is a CC4 classic and there are txt files, so i changed them.

#10: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:14 pm
    —
Still don't know what you tried to do or how so please be more specific.

#11: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:27 pm
    —
I mean i installed Wacht am Rhein. And this installation has folder cc4Classic. And in cc4Classic txt files alsteams and axsteams. And this files i tried to change but unsuccessfully.

#12: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:43 pm
    —
Yes I get that. PM'd because it's pointless to discuss this in here.

#13: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:26 pm
    —
Everything works in Classic CC4 in the same way as in Wacht am Rhein.
Thank you Pete.

#14: Re: increase number of soldiers in team Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:10 pm
    —
You're welcome but in the end you figured it out yourself. If you have other questions about modding don't hesitate to ask.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1