Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5? Author: rom7 PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:28 pm
    —
The title says it all  Very Happy

#2: Re: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:21 am
    —
No.

The mod would have to be converted to the TLD file formats.

#3: Re: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5 Author: rom7 PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:27 am
    —
Pity. Thanks Tejszd; I'm having a great time playing your mod.

#4: Re: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:59 pm
    —
Or...

You could ask old friend Drzzt until maybe one day he will release the completed DK to TLD version he did some time back.

There were "political" reasons for it never being released that am not going to rehash here.. But maybe one day he can get the blessing of the original mod maker (pzjager) and release it on the newer engine.

#5: Re: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5 Author: dj PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 am
    —
Pzjager is long gone.  The drama...

#6: Re: Is there a way to play Der Kessel with CCTLD CLASSIC CC5 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:28 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Pzjager is long gone.  The drama...

True DJ, though if remember correctly.. Drzzt was in contact with him AFTER he began his DK conversion effort.

Don't wish to start the flamer effort that started several times began a cpl members and comrade Drzzt after he didn't release his completed conversion. Drzzt was attacked for not releasing the mod, rather than asking in a calm and reasonable why he chose not to release it.

I'm not privy to Drzzt's thinking of course and only going back to one email long ago and old posts here, but it seems like he didn't have the author's permission originally to modify his original work.. Which was pzjager DJ and Drzzt did eventually get hold of him, who didn't want his mod adapted to a later title, unless he did it himself.

There was a rumor going around anyway that Pzrjager had done a conversion of DK to WAR long ago as it was, so maybe that being part of the denial.. More conjecture on my part.

Anyway DJ.. Drzzt is a fine mod maker who took a ton of heat over his choices. I searched high and low for that long rumored PJ WAR conversion of DK also.. To no avail..

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1