imake10 error
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:16 am
    —
Hey guys,

Am ready to put together the files required for the CC3 mod Kharkov 3.0 into a plugin, after getting comfortable enough with everything else in the modding area tools wise  the last few months and have ran into the same error that had with QClone before installing the older java files as shown in this post here:

qclone java errors

The imake10 software pops open, then immediately closes, just like Qclone did before installing the java 3805 and 3810 that are on this site to get it working, leading me to think it is something there?? Am sure people still use imake10 to mod CC3 here? Or is everyone using something else?

Planned this slow path to getting the modding down, then this befell me.. This plugin is 1st, then if it goes well.. I want to work on that unfinished Kursk. 1st just put together what is there and then see if can add to it, since CC3/COI seem to be easier to work with than CC5 and later.

I'd appreciate any help getting past that kick-back in imake10, or whatever tool is being used everyone.

Thanks,
Werf

#2: Re: imake10 error Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:42 am
    —
If Modswap doesn't require CCMT executable, then you could try that. Me thinks there is a free download of the latest version on the Matrix CC site. This way you can ditch JAVA stuff.

When you are using it, instruct it to use zip files instead of files with ccm extension. (optional)

#3: Re: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:57 am
    —
Hey STWA,

It's building the plugin itself out of the data, files, graphics, etc.. That is where I am at. I know of no other tool.. Except for iMake for doing that for CC3. Ran a search both here and on CSO and that was all found for creating a plugin out of preexisting files.

Understand Mooxe was making some for members in later versions of CC, tho that's not older CC3 and COI. I'd like to know even what tool is used for converting those files into plugin/exe format for later use. Last few months have been focusing on trying to do more than was previously to help.

Werf

#4: Re: imake10 error Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 pm
    —
Hey JOHNSILVER,

OK, its your call. But Modswap just wants a text file in the zip file to tell it where to unzip the files (the directory tree). It is pretty simp. To make a plugin manually, it takes about a few minutes to make them and test them.

#5: Re: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hey JOHNSILVER,

OK, its your call. But Modswap just wants a text file in the zip file to tell it where to unzip the files (the directory tree). It is pretty simp. To make a plugin manually, it takes about a few minutes to make them and test them.

Hi STWA,

Thanks. Finally get where your hints were going with both of these posts and will give that a try.  

Should be much easier pointing the files to proper install locations than manually installing and having to backup up the hard way each time the original install files if am understanding correctly and will run it shortly to test.

Werf

#6: Re: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:08 pm
    —
Thanks Stwa, Error with the CCMT Mod manager, guess it doesn't like the lack of a non .CCM, but I REALLY like the fact that the CCMT mod manager allows one to choose what kind of extension to use with the mod manager.. Was hoping. It (ccmt) does have the more powerful creator over CC3/COI (to me it seems) in my primitive leanings and would have been swell to work with.

Got the Kharkov3.0 to at LEAST build a tree with CC3 mod mgr, but it's not installing, or looks like it is in the manager, but nothing is "there" in CC3.. No ops, the GC isn't there (another .rar).

Guess will slog onward thru the snow.

Thanks for that bit of help dude, it got me on a path.

werf

#7: Re: imake10 error Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:16 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Thanks Stwa, Error with the CCMT Mod manager, guess it doesn't like the lack of a non .CCM, but I REALLY like the fact that the CCMT mod manager allows one to choose what kind of extension to use with the mod manager.. Was hoping. It (ccmt) does have the more powerful creator over CC3/COI (to me it seems) in my primitive leanings and would have been swell to work with.

If you get any errors using CCMT Syscon (Mod Swap) they are probably user errors.

Syscon requires Unzip32.dll to run. This dll file is installed with CCMT.

All plugin files must be contained in a zip file regardless of its extension. For instance, you can use CCM, ZIP, or even FU. In this case see attachment below, I installed the plugin WW2.FU. The program knows its a zip file, and it knows it is a plugin, becase the plugin developer provided a MOD.INI file contained in the zip file, which explains where to unzip the other files of the plugin. It is really a no brainer.

#8: Re: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:38 pm
    —
Error it gives it that the file may be corrupt. Don't think it is however, since can manually drop pieces inside of that file into CC3 and install the mod and it works fine. That would make it fine one would think?

Just tried it again, from a diff. DL of the file and did same thing. Was/am interested in getting it working. It's an interesting mod, close to being completed. Points need finished off (reduced) Maps were new for that mod back then. Thought was/is worth the effort.

#9: Re: imake10 error Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:46 pm
    —
are you tried open a  cc3 plugon mod and see the internal structure??

For create a plugin only winzip o winrar....make a file in .ZIP...and delete .zip for cc3 for cc3/Coi or .ccm for CCMT

If you need help tell me via PM

#10: Re: imake10 error Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:08 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Error it gives it that the file may be corrupt. Don't think it is however, since can manually drop pieces inside of that file into CC3 and install the mod and it works fine. That would make it fine one would think?

The error message "zipfile corrupt" is actually thrown by Unzip32.dll. I would not be shocked or surprised that the Mod Swap for COI and CCMT are uzing the same Unzip32.dll since it was developed in the late 90's by Info-Zip, see attachment below.

BTW, does CC3 support small soldier mods? If not, that sucks.

#11: Re: imake10 error Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 pm
    —
I want to humbly thank both Legion and Stwa for all the help in this thread, as well as STWA for taking the time for sending me a walk thru for how simple it is to create a plugin for CC3.. Yes Stwa.. It's just like you were telling me in this post and I wasn't getting it  Embarassed  I got it now, thanks to the 2 of you, made a plugin that works for cc3 and will now learn more/tinker with Kharkov3.0 beta.

Werf

Edit:

Even getting my own Thank you post messed up.. Stwa was helping me here, by trying to explain how to create a plugin and Legion was the one who sent the instructions.. Jeesh..

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by johnsilver on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: imake10 error Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:19 pm
    —
I am very glad that you were able to put it together.

If you used a Modswap variant there is a small manual for that. There are several things that it can do. It can insure that you do not overwrite files of other mods currently in-use and that the swapping process goes as expected.

I do like the /D thingy that came with WAR.

But, with Modswap, you can install bits and pieces, and in so doing you can customize you're overall mod on the "fly". I have been using it since CCMT.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1