Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0 Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:00 pm
    —
Very strange happenings. When I first used Win8.1 none of my CC games ( I nearly have all of them) would even install or even play. Then a young techie from Future Shop said uninstall 8.1 and use 8.0. Everything worked fine on all CC games.I was even able to get the games to play at 1366 X 768 resolution. The other day I decided to finally upgrade to win8.1 after I had to reformat my C drive. Well the game finally downloaded and installed after
seeking out and adding direct x or something; however the screen size remained 800 X 600 despite changing it under options.. It will not allow me to change to larger resolution. Anyone have any suggestions on the fix for this?
Tnaks for your help.

#2: Re: Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0 Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 am
    —
Using the graphics non-windowed seems to work fine with me on 8.1.

#3: Re: Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0 Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:39 pm
    —
Of course I tried non windows graphics with CC5 but no luck.Thanks for your help.

Silverpen

#4: Re: Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0 Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 pm
    —
Hello.

Anyone else have a suggestion on getting CC games to work on Win8/8.1? Please provide specific procedure(s) if involved.

Thank you

#5: Re: Screen Size (Resolution) using Win8.1 verus 8.0 Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:24 pm
    —
Maybe this. At least on Nvidia, try going into your graphic settings on your pc. Browse to / add the game you are having trouble with and turn OFF everything for that specific game profile. I always do this with the compatibility mode for the cc game and year it came out with OS. Keep in mind if you are running a cc game and change with compatibility mode you will lose your saved game status unless you change it back to the one you started with.

grp.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.13 KB
 Viewed:  798 Time(s)

grp.png

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1