GTC for 10 bucks
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 pm
    —
This is probably the cheapest the game is going to be in a long time. It's a nice opportunity to get some other games to. Just for a couple of days.
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

#2: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:34 pm
    —
For 10 bucks I can't resist this offer. Thanks for the link, much appreciated!

#3: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:16 am
    —
Thanks for the heads up.

#4: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:34 am
    —
Sweet.

#5: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:28 am
    —
Thanks Ivan_Zaitzev.

Also it is the first time using steam for me. Let's see how it goes.

#6: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 am
    —
How do you mod steam downloaded close combat games? I can't find the files

#7: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:25 am
    —
Haha. Dont know.
How do you install total war with out internet access? (Im asking on behalf of 4.2 billion human beings.)

Steam is a tyrant.

#8: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 am
    —
I found the files in steamapps\common\Close Combat - Gateway to Caen

Now, does the /d switch works with steam? too tired to try it now, gonna go to sleep and will see tomorrow.

#9: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 pm
    —
The mod thing is a great question, I don't know how. Steam has the Workshop for mods, but I don't know if every game has a workshop or how that is handled.

#10: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 pm
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):

The mod thing is a great question, I don't know how. Steam has the Workshop for mods, but I don't know if every game has a workshop or how that is handled.

I did manage to mod the effects of PitF (got free steam key by registering it on slitherine's page) to those of GtC using the /d thingy I don't know if it is correct or we must use steamworkshop or whatever.

What I did:

-Made a new folder on main install dir of steam install of pitf, called it GTC
-Inside of GTC folder made another folder named LOCALFX, then copied effects.azp from GtC and pasted it here.
-Made a shortcut in main install dir of steam pitf install of CCE.exe
-added command /d GTC in target field
-To play pitf with gtc effects I have to double click this shortcut. Must be connected to steam.

#11: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:11 am
    —
some guy with a fancy nickname over at steam forums said that gtc does not have the option to have a workshop, so I guess we are stuck with manually installing things regarding mods.

#12: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 am
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
some guy with a fancy nickname over at steam forums said that gtc does not have the option to have a workshop, so I guess we are stuck with manually installing things regarding mods.

Ya, but the good news is you confirmed that the /d thingy will work, so way to go.

#13: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:42 am
    —
GTC for 10 bucks! :O

I had a good laugh watching the chartiot race

#14: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:37 pm
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
GTC for 10 bucks! :O

I had a good laugh watching the chartiot race

You mean Qvadriga? I just tried it and it is pretty fun not to mention hard!

#15: Re: GTC for 10 bucks Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:44 am
    —
Aaaaand.... it's gone.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1