Remember GameSpy?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Remember GameSpy? Author: shoe1111Location: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:38 pm
    —
Matchmaking is kinda shitty online for the CC community these days it seems....Very inaccessible. Sad and closed off to new players I imagine. Gamespy wasn't perfect, but at least you could match up and play ladder games with honest people who were always there. It seems now there is nobody that sticks around for more than one battle, then you never see them again on GTC.

What is the current way to get back to actually playing the CC series online and not again the shite AI? Wink

#2: Re: Remember GameSpy? Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:02 pm
    —
GameSpy...lol sure do...that was the early hay days Smile

#3: Re: Remember GameSpy? Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm
    —
Well guys, I have been posting this for a couple of times and people already having been notified may tire of this. But the more multiplayer enthusiasts learn about this thing and gather at one venue, the better.

We recently discovered an alternative to Hamachi and Gameranger and have been playing multiplayer CC very smoothly for some time now. It is called Tunngle:

This is somewhat similar to Gamespy in that it has a lobby where people can chat. It is also similar to Hamachi such that it gives you a virtual IP, which means you can even play behind a router/firewall, no configuration necessary. In other words, best of both worlds. The only down side is, it has somewhat annoying advertisements and a slightly confusing layout. But once you get used to it, it is really smooth!

FYI: You can also play mods of re-releases mutliplayer on Tunngle (e.g. Meuse for TLD), which you cannot do with Gameranger.

Check this thread of mine here on CCS for a detailed explanation and instructions for set-up:  http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10888

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1