Naval War Day-by-Day
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:34 pm
    —
Over at Matrix forums, Warspite1 is covering the Naval war of WW2. A good thread with pictures and comments if you're interested in that whole boat thing, like I am!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3859338

#2: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 pm
    —
Are u the same grunt from yrs ago?

#3: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:37 am
    —
Is this some type of mod or someone's custom game?  Read through page of forum comments and didn't really see anything specific to even what game this is.  PanzerGeneral mod or???

Definitely like the strategic games.  Been a long time since anything good out for Naval combat. Purchased War in the Pacific..not very impressed, waste of $.

#4: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:54 am
    —
Pvt Grunt, thank you for pointing out the Naval History day-by-day of WWII that is being laid out by Warspite1.  :)

This is a most awesome WWII naval game from 1992:

http://retroism.com/task-force-1942-surface-naval-action-in-the-south-pacific/

#5: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 am
    —
RD_Roach wrote (View Post):
Are u the same grunt from yrs ago?

NO - there's less hair on top and more on the back!

But I am the same Grunt from CSO forums many, many years ago. How are you? Are you in Canada?
Not many AA clan members around anymore.
Michael and CavScout were the last ones I can remeber.
They stopped playing CC and went to CoD, was it Nembo? - my memories gone!

#6: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:43 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Is this some type of mod or someone's custom game?  Read through page of forum comments and didn't really see anything specific to even what game this is.  PanzerGeneral mod or???

Definitely like the strategic games.  Been a long time since anything good out for Naval combat. Purchased War in the Pacific..not very impressed, waste of $.

Not a game, just a daily post covering events in the war. I find myself checking a few times a day for a new post

#7: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm
    —
Lol grunt...I can relate to the lack of hair lol..good to see you..

#8: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm
    —
The Link seems quite interesting thanks...

#9: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:36 am
    —
That's how it happens, isn't it Grunt? KG seemed to stop CC all at once also.. Split into 2 groups.. Half migrated to Combat Mission and the other half went to COD. Seem to remember Frank (Cloghaun) and Traut (rarely around then) the only 2, other than me still playing by, like 2003 or so. Then Frank and I went to CM FT.. One of the oldest CC clans was gone from the game.

#10: Re: Naval War Day-by-Day Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm
    —
I created an account for myself over at the Matrix web site... just to be able to comment on Warspite1's fantastic job of reporting the WWII Naval Battle day-by-day article.  I suggest that all of those interested do likewise just to show support.  :)

Thanks again, pvt Grunt, for pointing us to this article.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1