Poles remove Russian WW2 monument
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#41: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 pm
    —
I'm no fan of Beevor either having read said book. I also haven't ranted. No one writing on Greek classical history have met their subjects either. The material support given to Russia in the earlier days amounted to a huge amount of planes, tanks and especially American trucks, but I have never seen a photo of Russian forces using any of it.
I can understand any Russian feeling aggrieved as to how their role in winning the war was so played down in the west, but the cold war will have to carry some of the blame for that. We in Britain are always moaning that the Americans say they won the war. To my mind the removal of any of the Big Three would have resulted in the loss of the war.
As for rape (no one knows or will ever know), complaints being recorded by Police or Hospitals, in Berlin in 1945, seriously!
Well this has been an unpleasant chat, which is a shame, as I rarely meet some one who is passionate about history. But your insulting attitude means I shall no longer be responding to your posts.

#42: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Author: sod98 PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 pm
    —
jockthesock wrote (View Post):
I'm no fan of Beevor either having read said book. I also haven't ranted. No one writing on Greek classical history have met their subjects either. The material support given to Russia in the earlier days amounted to a huge amount of planes, tanks and especially American trucks, but I have never seen a photo of Russian forces using any of it.
I can understand any Russian feeling aggrieved as to how their role in winning the war was so played down in the west, but the cold war will have to carry some of the blame for that. We in Britain are always moaning that the Americans say they won the war. To my mind the removal of any of the Big Three would have resulted in the loss of the war.
As for rape (no one knows or will ever know), complaints being recorded by Police or Hospitals, in Berlin in 1945, seriously!
Well this has been an unpleasant chat, which is a shame, as I rarely meet some one who is passionate about history. But your insulting attitude means I shall no longer be responding to your posts.

Sorry to hear that you won't reply.

Germans kept records on everything and still have them from start, during, at the end of and post WW2. Yes, some records were lost but records on these criminal behaviours to this extent never happened. Otherwise where did the figures come from - made up of course. As for never seeing a photo of the US material given to the Soviets - really. There are hundreds - Shermans, Grants and Stuarts pics. You aren't looking in the right places. Lots are of them knocked out - German pics too.

Did you check out Operation Unthinkable by chance.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3