Abs. The power to change.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: Abs. The power to change. Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm
    —
Many like myself looked at PitF, and said WTF.
Yet after many days in the abs files I changed the composition of every unit, and opened up all the boxes. I also changed the unit strength percentages to 100% ie.1. but I also like the fact that after building a battle group you can reduce the percentage strength overall and/or on individual days.
The main changes was to have in the bottom support box a choice of only support units. ie:- a A/T Plt, Heavy Wpns Plt, Recce Plt, Eng Plt, Howizers, Flame veh etc.
A typical A/T Platoon would have 2 light, 2 med, and 2 heavy A/T guns. You can have one or twenty one of those plts depending on how strong you wanted the Battle group to be.
In the top and centre box I deploy the infantry and tanks. The choices were a 7 squad inf plt, or 2 or 3 recce veh with inf filling the rest of the slots, 2 or 3 tanks or T/D with the inf filling up the rest of the slots.
So the choices for the top two boxes in a basic Battle Group could consist of :- 1 inf coy (7 Squads).
                                                                                                               1 recce coy ( 2 arm cars, 1 leader team, 1 5cm mort team, 2 rifle teams, 1 bar team).
                                                                                                               1 Med tank coy (1 Sherman 76mm, 2 Sherman 75mm, 1 Leader team, 2 rifle teams, 1 bar team).
                                                                                                               1 T/D coy ( 3 M10s, 1 Leader team, 1 rifle team, 1 bar team, 1 bazooka team).

And in the support box you can pick and mix ie:- 1 mort veh, 1 flame eng squad, 1 hmg, 1 75mm A/T gun, 1 105 how, 1 50mm A/T gun, 1 Leader squad.
To flesh it all out you can add as many units as you like ie:- 10 inf coys, 3 recce coys, 5 med tank coys, 4 T/D coys.
It's totally flexible. The types of Battle groups I fielded were Armour (tank heavy), Inf (inf heavy), T/D (m10, m18), Recce.
A tank heavy BG would have 3 tanks per coy, veh mnt morts and fewer A/T guns available, where as the Inf BG would have only 2 tanks per coy,mort squads and more A/T.
The Recce BG would have more morts on call and eng teams.
The ability to change a game through the abs seems to be overlooked on the forums. Some may feel that the game out of the box is historicaly accurate and it would be wrong to change it. It's a game, game playability comes first.

#2: Re: Abs. The power to change. Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 pm
    —
Would like to try this. Can you share your files?

Thanks

#3: Re: Abs. The power to change. Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:29 pm
    —
Would like to share, but don't know how to go about it. The attachment box doesn't accept txt files. perhaps you can help?

#4: Re: Abs. The power to change. Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:39 pm
    —
Yes, you can zip the files and attach the zip file here.

#5: Re: Abs. The power to change. Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:13 pm
    —
Ok, let me know if you get it.

Abs.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Abs.zip
 Filesize:  42.68 KB
 Downloaded:  515 Time(s)

#6: Re: Abs. The power to change. Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 am
    —
Got them.

Will try them now.

thanks!

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1