What is or was CC RAF Regt
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 am
    —
I see a reference to CC RAF Regt on the net. Was this once a CC game or mod. If so is it still available. Also was RAF - SAS ?  Cheers.

#2: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:32 am
    —
Close Combat Marines version for RAF

#3: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 am
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Close Combat Marines version for RAF

Ok Cheers.

Marines become Modern Tactics ?

#4: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 am
    —
I think that is CCMarines

#5: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:25 pm
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
I think that is CCMarines

Cheers for that.

#6: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:59 pm
    —
Hi sod98, over at cso forums you can get the full RAF rgt download for free: http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=17860 .
Does require a login name.
RAF Rgt was a training tool like CC Marines.

#7: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:42 pm
    —
If you like CCMarines, the big change is in ranks (RAF), weapons and Maps.  It's worth downloading for the maps anyway, but, as everyone has pointed out it's another training version of CCM.

#8: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:34 pm
    —
Thanks for your useful replies. I'll have a look at that site Pete

Last edited by sod98 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51 am
    —
This is my understanding of the game.

The British RAF needed a tool to train there men in the unlikely event that the RAF base was attacked.
They made a Close Combat game to train troops.

#10: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:31 pm
    —
I got RAF Rgt and when I open it, it says 'action not supported'. Any ideas?

#11: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:33 pm
    —
Here is a screenshot of it

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.73 KB
 Viewed:  8829 Time(s)

Untitled.png

#12: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:32 pm
    —
You get that error when you are not using a RAF mouse.

#13: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:46 pm
    —
Really?

Rodmorg. I must ask, where did you get this game from?

#14: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:02 am
    —
There is a copy here, http://www.closecombatseries.net/SiteArchive/CSO/RAF/Gold/CCRAFRegtV1.1Setup.exe

Last edited by mooxe on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:10 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
You get that error when you are not using a RAF mouse.

No, it's because I didn't have my earphones connected to the computer. Having a Windows 8 computer, I get notified that CC (and other games) would have 'a better experience' if I had a sound device connected to it.

#16: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:10 am
    —
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Really?

Rodmorg. I must ask, where did you get this game from?

I got it from www.closecombat.org

#17: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:45 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
There is a copy here, http://www.closecombatseries.net/SiteArchive/CSO/RAF/Gold/CCRAFRegtV1.1Setup.exe.  

#18: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:08 am
    —
The trailing period was been edited out...

#19: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The trailing period was been edited out...

No Gracias.

#20: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 am
    —
Want me to zip the EXE for you? haha

#21: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:51 am
    —
This is my understanding of the game.

The British RAF needed a tool to train there men in the unlikely event that the RAF base was attacked.
They made a Close Combat game to train troops.

OK Cheers. That's certainly different. I thought it might be SAS at a long shot.

#22: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:58 am
    —
Stwa, to get rid of the ad you have there, download and use Google chrome - it's much better, plus, I recommend using the program called 'adblock' which can be used for blocking ads on Google chrome automatically.

#23: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm
    —
I just found out about the Site archive from this thread!

Its a goldmine of modding recources!!  - Maybe it should be made a bit more "public" or linket to in a sticky somewhere ?

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#24: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:56 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Its a goldmine of modding recources!!  - Maybe it should be made a bit more "public" or linket too in a sticky somewhere ?

It's a goldmine full of mods as well.

#25: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:52 pm
    —
Is there an index somewhere showing all subfolders? ie: CSO, Matrix etc

#26: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:13 pm
    —
As Kanov said, this place is a library...

#27: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm
    —
Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Stwa, to get rid of the ad you have there, download and use Google chrome - it's much better, plus, I recommend using the program called 'adblock' which can be used for blocking ads on Google chrome automatically.

That pic was taken on our in basement gov box (think Hillary). As a general rule, I don't mess with it's software.

I thought Google was a spy organization? I think Therion mentioned that long ago.

#28: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

That pic was taken on our in basement gov box (think Hillary). As a general rule, I don't mess with it's software.

I thought Google was a spy organization? I think Therion mentioned that long ago.

Are you a terrorist? Only terrorists would object to being spied on. Law abiding citizens have nothing to hide.

#29: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:52 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Law abiding citizens have nothing to hide.

That is not what they said to Snowden. Me thinks you are confused.

#30: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:19 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Its a goldmine of modding recources!!  - Maybe it should be made a bit more "public" or linket too in a sticky somewhere ?

It's a goldmine full of mods as well.

It is TRUE!!!

CCRP.........Close Combat Red Phoenix ready for Download.....

#31: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Want me to zip the EXE for you? haha

Not really, because according to MS, the thing scans the files contained in a zip file. Or so I thought.

#32: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:35 am
    —
Are there any other obscure CC games - RTB etc.

#33: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 am
    —
You have Red Phoenix, Marines and First To Fight, which looks like a terrible game in my opinion. First to Fight is an FPS I think.

#34: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
    —
You have Red Phoenix, Marines and First To Fight, which looks like a terrible game in my opinion. First to Fight is an FPS I think.

Cheers, however Red Phoenix is much better either.

#35: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:21 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Are you a terrorist? Only terrorists would object to being spied on. Law abiding citizens have nothing to hide.

Lol. Kidding, I hope?  Cool

#36: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:19 pm
    —
in SiteArchive/CSO/CCAT/Sim-Demos/ folder, there is AT Demo and JTAC installer, are these legal to download? I mean it is tempting but, I do not want to get into trouble Very Happy

#37: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:22 pm
    —
I asked if Sulla would be putting up the full CCMAT at CSO but got no reply.. There is scripting and other good stuff in it I believe!  If I can get the demo I will:D

#38: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:44 pm
    —
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
in SiteArchive/CSO/CCAT/Sim-Demos/ folder, there is AT Demo and JTAC installer, are these legal to download? I mean it is tempting but, I do not want to get into trouble Very Happy

Apparently it's illegal for the person to post something illegal (obviously) but I don't know if users download it, it would be illegal. But, I must say: Use at your own risk

#39: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm
    —

Apparently it's illegal for the person to post something illegal (obviously) but I don't know if users download it, it would be illegal. But, I must say: Use at your own risk

Actually, Sulla has an open section under downloads at his site concerning these releases, but there just a bunch of screenshots and a pdf describing the role of CSO at the project, I was confused, if he meant to put the whole game there and forgot later or he was just meaning "sorry guys that is all you can see".

#40: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:52 pm
    —

Actually, Sulla has an open section under downloads at his site concerning these releases, but there just a bunch of screenshots and a pdf describing the role of CSO at the project, I was confused, if he meant to put the whole game there and forgot later or he was just meaning "sorry guys that is all you can see".

Thanks for that. I had seen them but didn't know what they were.

#41: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:55 am
    —
[quote="Pzt_Kanov";p="81440"][quote="Stwa";p="81436"]

Fuck!

#42: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 am
    —
Fuck!

Kcuf!

#43: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:00 pm
    —

Not sure I understand you here Mechial...

Which ones are you looking for? Might be something I have not yet gotten moved over from the ftp to it's proper place for Shaun to link in... Gimme' the names please and will have a look ok? Will next time move files over for Shaun.

Werf

#44: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:17 pm
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):

Not sure I understand you here Mechial...

Which ones are you looking for? Might be something I have not yet gotten moved over from the ftp to it's proper place for Shaun to link in... Gimme' the names please and will have a look ok? Will next time move files over for Shaun.

Werf

First Part I am talking about the files I've  spontaneously come across at ClosecombatSeries/SiteArchive/CSO, which seems to be demos of CC:AT and CC:JTAC. Then I refer to the download Section of  CC:AT and CC:JTAC at Sulla's Website, which contains no installers except some info stuff. If Sulla or Shaun (I guess the same person) has full version and they are all clear to publish at site, I would really llike to experience like most of us.

#45: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 pm
    —
RAF Achievement unlocked

RAF.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.05 KB
 Viewed:  133 Time(s)

RAF.jpg

#46: Re: What is or was CC RAF Regt Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
[Not sure I understand you here Mechial...Which ones are you looking for? Might be something I have not yet gotten moved over from the ftp to it's proper place for Shaun to link in... Gimme' the names please and will have a look ok? Will next time move files over for Shaun.

Werf

So what happened?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1