The Tactical Art of Combat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

#1: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:21 pm
    —
I found this little website called 'close combat .org' and snooped around to find this post posted yeasterday. The admin of the site, 'Sulla', has worked on CCCOI and CCTLD and has announced that there is a 'next generation of Close Combat'. This will be called 'The Tactical Art of Close Combat'.

Here's the link to the site (you'll have to search for the post because the link is for the homepage): http://www.closecombat.org/

Last edited by Rodmorg on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:26 am
    —
Closecombat.org was the communities' home before this site came into existence and Sulla restarted it last year. It hosts pretty much all available custom maps ever made. You can also download the older stock games for free.

#3: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:10 am
    —
It is the website of CSO clan. There are still a few members still around here  Wink

#4: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 am
    —
This could potentially be very big news. He sounds serious!
It comes as very out of the blue and unexpected. I wish him luck.

Quote:

Dev team, already being put together [almost complete - Some ol faces, lots of new].
   New development company.
   A complete reworking of CC. NOT a remake, a new engine, a new AI, a new look at a close combat game.
   No half measures, no Matrix, S3T, Simtek or Slitherine involved.
   No $6 Million spent to end up with an unplayable [not even] a demo. No Red Phoenix
   A totally new strategy layer, that reflects reality, supply, logistics and follows YOUR progress, not arbitrary. Flanking and counter attacks that reflect tactical realities.
   Keeping what works. [top down]
   Rebuilding and redesigning things that desperately need changing.
   Top down + Isometric views. [Option!]
   2 distinct layers, TAI and SAI [An SAI WORTH the name]
   Decent funding, so the game can be what it should have been years ago.
   Brand new publisher.
   Game will NOT be called CC it will be either "The Tactical Art of Combat" or the "The Tactical Art of Close Combat", which reflects what the game has always been about. Tactics within CQB / CC is and always has been what the game has been about. This is
   It will be in many ways a sim, as realism will play a large part, although much will be option-able so you can customise your own play.
   The framework of the game will be built from the ground up to be mod friendly. We want to encourage the modding community from day 1.
   Taking the time to build a proper and complete successor to the original CC games, that should have arrived years ago.

#5: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
Closecombat.org was the communities' home before this site came into existence and Sulla restarted it last year. It hosts pretty much all available custom maps ever made. You can also download the older stock games for free.

Isn't that illegal though?

#6: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm
    —
Not when you own them Rodmorg

#7: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:35 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
It is the website of CSO clan. There are still a few members still around here  Wink

Like who?

#8: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:40 pm
    —
Best of luck on this new game dev team!

#9: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 pm
    —
Divide the saga never is good.

But I do not wait nothing good coming from Sulla. First, he is not coder, graphic designer or anything, his unique skill is waste money. Second, he has not more than the old code from CC games and at words from Steve (from Matrix/Slitherine), the old code is bad and old.

Third, I do not go to make a mod at his game because clearly it will be a poor old game, very similar to the previous old CC games and I am tired from fight against these old things with thousands of problems and a lot of neccesary work. Of course I will not edit a game without a good IA.

Fourth, Sulla sold us the CC WAR, CC TLD, COI and CC LSA. He lied us, by the way CC games lost thousands of players and at this moment the community is a bit dead.

These are the numbers from Sulla.

For end, it is funny, Sulla is bullshit. He wrote this.......
Quote:
Taking the time to build a proper and complete successor to the original CC games, that should have arrived years ago.

And who was the responsible from create a new game? him.

Only after expulse him from Matrix/Slitherine, they could work at a new game. Even after he was expulsed, he started to see new additions as the 32bits at CC games. While Sulla was at charge, there were not more additions. only remakes from old games.

#10: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:12 am
    —
He helped to create TLD, COI and WAR, so he must be good  Wink

#11: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Only after expulse him from Matrix/Slitherine, they could work at a new game. Even after he was expulsed, he started to see new additions as the 32bits at CC games. While Sulla was at charge, there were not more additions. only remakes from old games.

I thought Schrecken told us that the remakes were the result of a contract between Matrix, Atomic, and Destineer.

#12: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 am
    —
Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
He helped to create TLD, COI and WAR, so he must be good  Wink

He did not make a byte from them. He was a lead designer, one useless man in the game team. At least he could be a coder or a graphic designer but........he was not....

If somebody made possible the last CC games, he was Steve and he is working with Slitherine for create the next generation from Close Combat games and he is not making a bullshit for a child revenge.....

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Pete wrote (View Post):

Isn't that illegal though?

Probably yes.

#13: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 am
    —
I am waiting for his answer to Pete's question (how much of this is daydreaming and how are you funding this project?). I really have no good expectations of this project based on history but I suppose it will be interesting to see how it develops.

From Sulla's past posts I got the idea that he saved the source code from his previous projects with Matrix. I didn't get the idea that he was licensed to use it.

#14: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:48 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I am waiting for his answer to Pete's question (how much of this is daydreaming and how are you funding this project?).

So as I age, I admit I am getting slower. But here are a few questions.  Arrow

1. Do you mean Ortona Pete, or is there more than one Pete?

2. Can you identify the person that has caused you to wait for his answer?

3. The daydreaming and possible project funding you are attributing to Sulla?

#15: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
From Sulla's past posts I got the idea that he saved the source code from his previous projects with Matrix. I didn't get the idea that he was licensed to use it.

Right, or was licensed to distribute it.

So, it spawns more questions.  Arrow

1. Doesn't CSO have right to distribute games like CCM and CCRAF?

2. How can CSO distribute LSA maps?

3. How can CCS distribute PiTF maps?

#16: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:35 am
    —
This is about to get messy version wise like steel panthers or somehing.

First atomic era, ssi era, matrix/slitherine then a phantom 3d version and now a rogue usurper!

I was hoping Sean O'Connor would step up and provide us a truly close combat heir but seems that's a bit far away.

Is this the most exciting CC era or what?  Laughing

#17: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 am
    —
Quote:
1. Doesn't CSO have right to distribute games like CCM and CCRAF?

Clearly because even if Sulla says us how Simtek was bad, he was the creator from Simtek.......

All his words are very ironic. Laughing Oh man, you were a direct part from the problems which we have hated for years at CC games and now you are telling us how you are not guilty and you go to save us from the evil. Very funny. Laughing

At the end, it is curious how now, when the Close Combat Bloody First is closer to the finish, Sulla comes telling us how he goes to make a new game as a CC game.

#18: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:22 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I am waiting for his answer to Pete's question (how much of this is daydreaming and how are you funding this project?).

So as I age, I admit I am getting slower. But here are a few questions.  Arrow

1. Do you mean Ortona Pete, or is there more than one Pete?

2. Can you identify the person that has caused you to wait for his answer?

3. The daydreaming and possible project funding you are attributing to Sulla?

I asked Sulla this question on the cso forums and he has answered meanwhile. Seems like he is sincere about his latest ambition. I would find it strange if he'd make a public announcement without having passed a certain stage in the development process. So I am assuming that the necessary contracts have been signed.

#19: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 pm
    —
So can anyone answer the other questions?

2. How can CSO distribute LSA maps?

3. How can CCS distribute PiTF maps?

#20: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:29 pm
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):
[I asked Sulla this question on the cso forums and he has answered meanwhile. Seems like he is sincere about his latest ambition. I would find it strange if he'd make a public announcement without having passed a certain stage in the development process. So I am assuming that the necessary contracts have been signed.

Thanks Pete.

With all the stuff Sulla has been through, me thinks I wish him success in all things CC.

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 9