The Tactical Art of Combat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

#161: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: evilwebster PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:14 am
    —
You know what would be a whizzbang idea, if someone just remade the game from scratch with all new AI and Pathing. Fuck all the 3D and fuck all the fancy shit. Just give me a top down Close Combat game that feels like the origional but has all the damn bugs worked out because they don't exist in the first place. Shit, that'd probably be a decent fucking game. Too bad that I'm busy working for a living.

#162: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 am
    —
Thats all we ever needed.

#163: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 am
    —
evilwebster wrote (View Post):
You know what would be a whizzbang idea, if someone just remade the game from scratch with all new AI and Pathing. Fuck all the 3D and fuck all the fancy shit. Just give me a top down Close Combat game that feels like the origional but has all the damn bugs worked out because they don't exist in the first place. Shit, that'd probably be a decent fucking game. Too bad that I'm busy working for a living.

Maybe market it as as mobile game, so people wont see it as archaic but just relevant to a lesser platform.  This makes sense to me from more than one perspective. How else can they make enough money to support its development.

#164: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:04 am
    —
Just take the ORIGINAL CC2 game, modernize it with some updated graphics, leave the AI (because it was the best), fix the vehicle pathing and call it a day...  3D sucks messes up the scale, CC2 was almost a perfect game especially for its time.  We need a crowdfunding effort to make us a new generation game without sacrificing it and dumbing it down with awful graphics and no AI.

#165: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:51 pm
    —
Yea, what we need is a thing like Blizzard do with StarCraft:Remastered : gold-shining mechanics with modernized engine&graphics to match current hardware. All we get in ten years was kind of vaporware.

#166: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:23 am
    —
I agree that we do not actually need 3D, since the game is in its essence a real time strategy game rather than a FPS. But of course, to attract the newcomers, everyone trys to come with something on 3D, Because, funding is certainly a big issue. But some 3D to a degree would be added.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356260/Stalingrad/

I wish one took this game and embed the CC features, pyschology model, ammo, team tactics, etc. into it.

#167: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 am
    —
Off topic but if any of you guys ever wants to play an WWII based armoured combat game that is a true hidden gem. Well worth going far out of your way for, even if it means installing a PS1 emulator.  Try Panzer Front for the original PS1.

If your at all into armoured combat from this era then dont go without having played this game.

It is a 1st/3rd person game that tries to stear towards full realism and rather than having a story at all, you get to choose from (theoretically ) historical battles to take part in ranging from early Barborosa to the apocolyptic streets of Berlin.

You'll be very impressed with what these Japanese devs did with such primative hardware. It wont be what you'd expect to find in a title from the PS1.

No health meters. Amazing ambiance, armor penatration physics, deflections, some damage ( Tracks / gun )  Huge variety of scenarios IE Michal wittman in villars bocage, or suprise attacking an allied unit at Bachmanns corner in a lone Panther (three models represented in game)  

Or find yourself as a platoon commander with a platoon under your control participating in a large scale battle with many other allied and enemy platoons arriving and maneuvering on the battlefield in a believable fashion. And a limited number of artillary barrages under your controll.

Battles have infantry, AT guns, bunkers, air strikes etc. Some missions You have to support infantry assaults on enemy positions.  And I've personally played out the scene from Fury 15 years before it was filmed. ( I know its fiction, I mean I've had to use the same tactics and even ram a Tiger to try and eliminate it at times )

It has one weakness, and that is an initial impression and default arcade mode that I can only rationalise was an economic/marketing necessity. It is an phony balony abomination of a campaign mode that appears shoe horned in and pinned over the face of this masterpiece in order to achieve sales/rentals from a broader audience by giving you space tanks with which to bulldoze arcade style.  Just go straight to the options and set what you see intuitively, you'll know what to do when you see it and then choose "tactics" mode to play it as it was meant to be.  You wont regret it.

Some of the battles are simple baptism missions or give you the upper hand, but many more are very challenging and will have you trying different stratagies for hours, trying and failing to hold some village or capture one.

#168: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:58 pm
    —
My absolute favorite aspect of Close Combat is the part of Cross of Iron/CC3 that allowed you to assign a certain amount of points for each side in a  battle and when you play you basically get to go shopping with a specific amount of points and you can set it so all possible teams/vehicles are available.  You can make the battle last days on the same map, OR you could attach any maps you wanted to it and create your own timeline.  And there are HUNDREDS of maps.  My cousin and I would (and still do) bet 100$ on a 500 point (sometime more sometimes less) 3 day battle with an additional 50 points per day if a truce was agreed too.  Its fantastic.  The shopping for teams is half the fun.  If this could be added to any MOD in TLD, that would be my dream game.  That's the problem is the TLD kharkov/Der kessesl, etc. MODS are so superior in performance and maps and play, that its hard to go back and play cross of iron.   Does anyone else agree or am I alone on this one?

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  :| |:
Page 9 of 9